Black interior, except for the driver side door panel...

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Something tells me it didn't leave the factory this way. We're talking about Koreans here. Not Americans. I think this was done stateside. Either at the depot or by the dealership to fix something.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Something tells me it didn't leave the factory this way. We're talking about Koreans here. Not Americans. I think this was done stateside. Either at the depot or by the dealership to fix something.
Think you're pushing your luck with this one...LOL. You are assuming extra door panels, etc...and someone would have to be full blown drunk to fup so bad.

Probably an automated process that went wrong at the factory. Or they hired a N.Korean with a few bullet holes in his head.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Think you're pushing your luck with this one...LOL. You are assuming extra door panels, etc...and someone would have to be full blown drunk to fup so bad.

Probably an automated process that went wrong at the factory. Or they hired a N.Korean with a few bullet holes in his head.
Maybe but door panels are not automated installation. The wiring harnesses have to be plugged in on the back for the switches and etc.
This was a "hand job"!

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Things happen. Perfection is difficult. Multiple G70s have the 2 tone interior--so, the door looks great (w/in the norm)--well, then you see the other side. :)
It cracks me up--but, the fix should be pretty easy. May have to order a part--and perhaps ask 4 a Genesis ballcap for yourself. 😉

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Things happen. Perfection is difficult. Multiple G70s have the 2 tone interior--so, the door looks great (w/in the norm)--well, then you see the other side. :)
It cracks me up--but, the fix should be pretty easy. May have to order a part--and perhaps ask 4 a Genesis ballcap for yourself. 😉
What kills me is...not only is the color wrong...but the panel is quilted !! No other quilting in that car.

ETERNAL1906

Registered Member
Maryland
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
WOW. I cannot unsee that. LOL
Hopefully it's an easy fix.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thinking about this even more...I am pretty sure your car has the non-leather interior? Or is that one level below yours...and you have the base leather?

If you have non-leather...that door panel is leather...even funnier.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looking at the picture the car of the OP is not located in USA, the 6MT in USA has heated/ventilated front seats, I don't see the perforations on the front seats.

Sid3ways

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
LOL, that door card stands out so much I wouldn't be able to drive that car. Please for everyone's sanity here, take it to the dealer so they can fix that ish!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
What kills me is...not only is the color wrong...but the panel is quilted !! No other quilting in that car.
He should be very specific when he drops the car off. I can see him going back later to pick it up and find the other three doors were changed to match. Crazier things have happened.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
amazing! that's a white unicorn 'special edition' if i ever saw one! OP could truly call this one 'rare' when he goes to sell.

jokes aside, this not only made it out of the factory, but also past the dealer's rigorous and multi-stage pre-delivery inspection? what the hell are they looking for if they missed this?

the US spec 6MT (i assume this is US) gets non-leather seating, so the driver door card should match the others. although i'd push for the remainder of interior seating and door cards to match the quilted nappa of the driver door card!

OP - let us know what Genesis does to make good on this to acknowledge their screw-up and inconvenience to you.

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
amazing! that's a white unicorn 'special edition' if i ever saw one! OP could truly call this one 'rare' when he goes to sell.

jokes aside, this not only made it out of the factory, but also past the dealer's rigorous and multi-stage pre-delivery inspection? what the hell are they looking for if they missed this?

the US spec 6MT (i assume this is US) gets non-leather seating, so the driver door card should match the others. although i'd push for the remainder of interior seating and door cards to match the quilted nappa of the driver door card!

OP - let us know what Genesis does to make good on this to acknowledge their screw-up and inconvenience to you.
This. Insist on keeping the tan door panel and replacing the rest of the interior to match.