Black interior, except for the driver side door panel...

wkitahar

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
To answer the question on which version my G70 is, it's the US version with ventilated seats.

I gotta admit, I'm partly to blame for driving off the lot without even asking about the door panel beforehand. I noticed it during the test drive, but I was so excited just to get this in m/t, I completely forgot the door panel when it came to purchase.

I originally didn't mind it too much, but afterwards it began to get to me. I'll contact my dealership and see what can be done....if any.

Tdefrees

Registered Member
Utica, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wow! That door panel looks more cream than gray. It would even make it even rarer! Cream stitching only available on the Design Edition in the US. The most concerning part is this passed inspection at so many different levels.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
talk about a friday afternoon build special. happy hour started early at the factory. always buy a car built on tuesday morning. hangovers should be cleared up, next bender hasn't started yet.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I originally didn't mind it too much, but afterwards it began to get to me. I'll contact my dealership and see what can be done....if any.
This problem NEEDS an for sure CAN be fixed!!! I would call Genesis USA too, something like this should be known by corporate. ......... Maybe you'll get some perks in compensation for such a huge mistake.

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
To answer the question on which version my G70 is, it's the US version with ventilated seats.

I gotta admit, I'm partly to blame for driving off the lot without even asking about the door panel beforehand. I noticed it during the test drive, but I was so excited just to get this in m/t, I completely forgot the door panel when it came to purchase.

OMG ! You have to keep this car, unless it really really bothers you but this is pretty unreal and baffling, i can see this being some kind of Genesis collector piece down the road similar to the upside down airplane stamps haha

All that being said i am sure Genesis will rectify it if you wanted but i would keep it

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nah... this error wouldn't make this car collectible, too easy to simulate. Who wants to swap his door panel with me? What I think is this mistake could make a good story to be publish by any car magazine or something like that.

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
This type of mistake used to happen quite frequently. I haven't seen it with Hyundai for years though. We had a 4cyl Tiburon come off the truck once with the V6 spoiler and V6 badge on the back. Had an Entourage come in with Kia Sedona emblems on the back, Hyundai on the front. The door panel is put on by hand at the factory (I've visited Hyundai's Asan plant before), but how it made it out of there, I have no clue.

Either way, the sooner you can get it taken care of, the better. Genesis is going to want to know about it. You can call them if you want, but they'll find out about it when the dealer places the warranty claim on it. With it being so new, with so low of mileage, it'll throw a flag on Genesis' side and they'll review it.

wkitahar

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Update:
The dealership's reply to my email inquiry was as expected...they said I could either keep it the way it is, or they can correct the driver's side door to match the rest of the car. No surprises and fairly anti-climatic.

broervudu

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Update:
The dealership's reply to my email inquiry was as expected...they said I could either keep it the way it is, or they can correct the driver's side door to match the rest of the car. No surprises and fairly anti-climatic.
Late to the party regarding this thread but glad you got some resolution. I agree with the the other poster, you should have told them to change out all the panels to match the cream color!!!! :p:LOL:

wkitahar

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Late to the party regarding this thread but glad you got some resolution. I agree with the the other poster, you should have told them to change out all the panels to match the cream color!!!! :p:LOL:
I asked if they could at least match the passenger side to the creme color. That was almost a week ago, and I haven't heard back since.