• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Break-In Period?

Rmsanger

Hasn't posted much yet...
Wow subscribed... The OP's experience is my worst fear in buying a genesis. The sloppiness of their product/dealership roll-out seems like a foreshadowing of a total customer/service experience.

All vehicles especially new ones will have gremlins but to shutdown completely mid-intersection is just nuts. Also the local dealer response is something I fear with my local hyundai / hybrid Genesis team.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Wow subscribed... The OP's experience is my worst fear in buying a genesis. The sloppiness of their product/dealership roll-out seems like a foreshadowing of a total customer/service experience.

All vehicles especially new ones will have gremlins but to shutdown completely mid-intersection is just nuts. Also the local dealer response is something I fear with my local hyundai / hybrid Genesis team.
So, of the thousands of posts here how many had a shutdown in an intersection? If you based your car buying decision on a singular incident you will be riding a bicycle. Don't buy Mercedes, Buick, Oldsmobile, Chevy, or Ford because all of them have let me down at one time. Hyundai/Genesis never has in 13 years.

krobin350

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm gonna have to somewhat agree with Ed. Despite my situation, I am actually still a believer in the 'G70' (purposely quoted). And I do believe my issue to be the anomaly. I just hate that it had to be me.
They have identified the issue/source of smell. And there are more updates...
I'll keep you all posted soon. I am completely stressed and exhausted from it all, can't wait for it to be over. It is by far the biggest ball buster/vibe killer of a new car I've ever experience. BUT, I keep hearing the words 'Genesis will make it right!', so we'll see.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm gonna have to somewhat agree with Ed. Despite my situation, I am actually still a believer in the 'G70' (purposely quoted). And I do believe my issue to be the anomaly. I just hate that it had to be me.
I'll keep you all posted soon. I am completely stressed and exhausted from it all, can't wait for it to be over. It is by far the biggest ball buster/vibe killer of a new car I've ever experience. BUT, I keep hearing the words 'Genesis will make it right!', so we'll see.
Best of luck and keep us posted. It truly does suck and hope they make it right for you. I haven't experienced any burning smell in the past 1100 miles on my 3.3T

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Definitely pulling for you and the car. Can only imagine (and hope I only ever have to imagine) all that you have been and are going thru. I like the idea that "Genesis will make it right." Definitely hope that is true.
Overall, this is the first incident like this I have heard about. Look forward to hearing more about what happened.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On the plus side, at least you were told the car was not fully prepped before sale. So at least we can assume that it may be the cause of the issue!

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My dad sent me an article on an Audi that burst into flames with an engine fire in an intersection by his house yesterday. Probably should steer clear of those too.

My delivery was excellent, car was meticulous and I had no unusual odors or issues during my break-in.

mike373

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My issue is buried within another topic, and I still believe in Genesis. My car has been in the shop for a week for behavior after a cold start that’s not safe. I have yet to know exactly what the issue could be but I’m hoping I hear back soon. Hopefully, you will get a faster response as your car completely took a crap. Stay positive and trust me I know the feeling of a vibe killing new car issue.

Rmsanger

So, of the thousands of posts here how many had a shutdown in an intersection? If you based your car buying decision on a singular incident you will be riding a bicycle. Don't buy Mercedes, Buick, Oldsmobile, Chevy, or Ford because all of them have let me down at one time. Hyundai/Genesis never has in 13 years.
I think you’re misinterpreting my post. I’m not implying that genesis is any less or more reliable that competing brands. I will also conceded the first year especially that of a new model higher levels of bugs are to be expected.

My point is more the the relative lack of genesis dealership infrastructure and support. Getting the run around from quasi Hyundai dealers jumping through hoops and getting stuck/brickd in a busy intersection are all valid concerns. I am not impressed with my local Hyundai dealer at all but am hopeful a dedicated genesis experience with be far superior.

Rmsanger

I think you’re misinterpreting my post. I’m not implying that genesis is any less or more reliable that competing brands. I will also conceded the first year especially that of a new model higher levels of bugs are to be expected.

My point is more the the relative lack of genesis dealership infrastructure and support. Getting the run around from quasi Hyundai dealers jumping through hoops and getting stuck/brickd in a busy intersection are all valid concerns. I am not impressed with my local Hyundai dealer at all but am hopeful a dedicated genesis experience with be far superior.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Agree the dealer network needs work, but there are some good ones. Hopefully one near you. They made poor decisions a long time ago and now it is taking a long time to fix.