Confusion About Trim Options - 2.5 vs 3.5

bill davis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Oh wow, no 3D cluster for 2.5 even on highest trim. That's very disappointing. I saw that the half dashboard does have blind spot camera that shows on it so it's not too bad. I really only want the sports version to get rid of the weird looking steering wheel.

I'm in the same boat as you. Deciding between the GV70 and the new NX2022. Reliability seems about the same (barring the GV80 recall). I think the only reason to get an NX over this would be the hybrid option.
and i read the hybird is going to be hard to get ,,just like the rav 4 hybrid is now ,,,no dealers have one

snerpy

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
and i read the hybird is going to be hard to get ,,just like the rav 4 hybrid is now ,,,no dealers have one
really? There's a ton of RAV 4 Hybrids in my area (NJ/NY) so I would think it shouldn't be too hard to find a hybrid Lexus. Aiming for the 450h since it still has the sweet sweet tax credit.

spiritamokk

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Those Rav4 hybrids, don't they have horrible handling? Should we expect pretty much the same on Lexus Hybrids since they have same platform?

Jupen21

Registered Member
Those Rav4 hybrids, don't they have horrible handling? Should we expect pretty much the same on Lexus Hybrids since they have same platform?
I test drove the 450h a month ago. Nice ride. Not GV70 nice but much more power and smoother ride than the rx 350

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jupen21

Registered Member
I hear they come with a walker and a free AARP subscription. :)
That’s not a nice comment. I would be offended if I was an elderly person (which I’m not). I have some friends who own the rx and they are young, so not sure what your comment is about.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
That’s not a nice comment. I would be offended if I was an elderly person (which I’m not). I have some friends who own the rx and they are young, so not sure what your comment is about.
Sorry if I offended anyone but the demographics on Lexus in general skews older and the RX in particular is over 50. I live in a 55+ community here in the Phoenix area and the RX's are in every other parking spot. I'm just calling balls and strikes.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Sorry if I offended anyone but the demographics on Lexus in general skews older and the RX in particular is over 50. I live in a 55+ community here in the Phoenix area and the RX's are in every other parking spot. I'm just calling balls and strikes.
Since I already have the AARP membership can I choose some other gift?

Certainly no offense taken, humor gene still working.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Where is "chip shortage is a hoax" guy here?? I just spend a hour looking at BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, Acura dealership web-sites and there are so few cars listed it's insane. This "chip" thing has crippled car sales and I consider myself lucky to have paid ( leased) my GV70 at MSRP 2 months ago.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Can anyone comment about gas mileage on their 3.5 trim
I've got 2700 miles on mine so not fully broken in. Manual says after 4000 miles things should improve. I do a mix of higher speed suburban driving ( 40-50 mph) and some highway( 65-80 mph)
and I'm averaging about 18-19 MPG using gallon data not the computer. I did a 40 mile highway run yesterday and got the computer to 26 mpg at 75 MPH. Also keep in mind I'm in Phoenix and all of my driving is in high heat which does not help.

At the end of the day I think this is going to be a 20mpg vehicle just like so many others. I think you can squeeze out 25-27 on the highway depending on speed and road conditions but hammering around town is going to be 18-20 mpg. I would bet the the 2.5 isn't going to change things that much either. Maybe one day we will get real world data from the press if they ever get the darn thing for more than a day.

GV70-PA

Our other car is a Veloster N
Southeastern Pennsylvania
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I just skimmed some of the posts on this thread, but I got quite a kick out of it. Initially, we thought the 2.5T Advanced would be the perfect purchase. As we cruised the various lots on Sundays we came realize that the GV70 must have 10,000 different combinations. The engine and trim can make a huge difference. I commented to our salesman (I have bought a few cars from him) that it seems like the 2.5T puts you in sort-of a penalty box. Yet, the 2.5T is plenty powerful and gets better mileage. Two big wins. For my wife, it came down to certain things that she wanted in the interior. Of course, the 3.5T top trim was the only way to get them.

Llama

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Can anyone comment about gas mileage on their 3.5 trim
I don’t have enough miles yet for it to be a good indicator, but I just filled up and got 17.8mpg during 228 miles with a odometer of 465. Most of it is city driving in comfort.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners