Cowtown's G70

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Minor update on my end, no car yet. :-( Apparently the allocation and shipment of the vehicle from Edmonton wasn't as timely as I was led to believe and I have yet to receive a date on the delivery of the car. Certainly won't be this weekend which is what I had originally had expected. What's frustrating is no assigned date and apparently my GXM says she hasn't heard back from genesis on where it is so she can't even track it in any way shape or form. So I suspect someone has dropped a ball here but I have no clue. If I don't have a date by mid next week I'm going to start going full Beefer ;-) and calling to find out what happened because if not by then they probably didn't reserve it like they said and sold it to someone else. It makes no sense that they can't tell someone what truck/train/boat one of their cars is on.

Last edited:

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Minor update on my end, no car yet. :-( Apparently the allocation and shipment of the vehicle from Edmonton wasn't as timely as I was led to believe and I have yet to receive a date on the delivery of the car. Certainly won't be this weekend which is what I had originally had expected. What's frustrating is no assigned date and apparently my GXM says she hasn't heard back from genesis on where it is so she can't even track it in any way shape or form. So I suspect someone has dropped a ball here but I have no clue. If I don't have a date by mid next week I'm going to start going full Beefer ;-) and calling to find out what happened because if not by then they probably didn't reserve it like they said and sold it to someone else. It makes no sense that they can't tell someone what truck/train/boat one of their cars is on.
What trim and colour combo?

Van_Nik_75

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver, BC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah she said originally 1-2 weeks to traverse back and I'm like yeah that's good. But she made it sound like that transfer had started around the first/second of the month hence coming to the 16th I was anticipating around here it would be around. 2 weeks seemed really damn slow to move a car from Edmonton to Vancouver. Had I known I would have offered to drive the damn thing back myself. ;-)

Just expectations setting was a gap being the main problem. Add to it no ability to confirm anything and it leads to an annoying experience. I'm holding off putting the winters on the Santa Fe and the like. Thankfully the weather has been more or less decent here for a November but it'll turn before long and while we don't get much if any snow it does get frosty and low temps and rain still calls for a softer tire.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback, glad to hear I'm not in a unique spot but it is really odd there isn't tracking for this stuff.

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Finally got confirmation that the car has arrived at the dealership this afternoon! They'll do their prep, install my tires and bits and delivery is scheduled for Saturday mid afternoon. I'd try to get it Thursday but I have to fly to Regina for work for a couple days and Friday is tied up for the GXM. I'll post pics when it arrives!

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
And it's finally here! What a nice car. Haven't had a chance for much of a drive yet after delivery and errands but here are some pics, got the floor mats installed, they're really nice I have to say. Ask me any questions you like!

20181124_142406.jpg

20181124_142339.jpg

20181124_142352.jpg

20181124_142415.jpg

20181124_142431.jpg

20181124_143909.jpg

20181124_143528.jpg

20181124_144620.jpg

20181124_144919.jpg

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Very nice! They don’t offer Caramel interior in the US. Actually, here in California, we don’t have any G70s yet. The models I’ve seen at US car shows don’t have the padded areas in the consoles. Is that unique to Canada?
Yeah shame about Cali dealerships and the caramel colour, it's really nice. Hopefully that dealer situation is remediated quick. For the padded console you mean the lower sections? That's the mats I ordered from Mat Metrics out of Toronto. They're an all weather mat and you can get all kinds of options on them, cheaper than the all weather mats Genesis sells and I think they really lux it out down there. ;-)

ikonn

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Sweet! Caramel Brown just like mine.

@Ed Okin, do u mean the leather on the center armrest and running next to the cup holders? Should be standard. I do notice that with the lighter colours, it stands out more so perhaps u have been seeing dark interior cars?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Beautiful. Did you get tints when you bought it?

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not tinted yet actually, just odd lighting yesterday have the impression. I'll tint it up after I'm back from Winnipeg this week. Probably just do a light tint, I don't need it luxed out.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks everyone, got a bit more in town driving doing errands today and man is it fun around town. Wife joined me for my second leg and drove on a backroad to the grocery, pet store, and back and said to herself "this is such a nice car" a couple times as she scooted along. Generally speaking she hasn't said that about much but the GTI in our years together. :)