Found a tuning company for 5.0 Sedan's.

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
it will be a while . We can only custom tune the Sedan's when our tuner is here in Toronto. Due to COVID, he's unable to enter the border. In the meantime we have been providing canned tunes.
should known youd be involved hahha

Ol Dusty Trails

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
There is no tuning options for the DH sedans yet. The ECUs still have not been cracked yet... Not sure that they are really working on getting the stock ECUs cracking anytime soon either it seems :(

MG8

Proud owner of two Genesis vehicles
San Francisco/Las Vegas
Genesis Model Type
There is no tuning options for the DH sedans yet. The ECUs still have not been cracked yet... Not sure that they are really working on getting the stock ECUs cracking anytime soon either it seems :(
one of the reasons i did not buy a DH 5.0 V8.

Ol Dusty Trails

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
one of the reasons i did not buy a DH 5.0 V8.
Yea, it would be nice to tune it. But ultimately there is not a huge amount of gains to get from it. Though would be nice for the option, I really like the car as is too.

RSpectnewbie

Registered Member
Ontario
Genesis Model Type
Tuning gives more gains to turbo motors than to ours. Only about 10 or 15 HP expected, little bit more in the torque. I debated and debated, then decided the car is fine as it is. The biggest gains from tuning our cars would be higher redline, true sport shifting (can bounce off redline if want to) and removing speed limiter.

I'm fine with the car changing at 6,000 rpm in sport mode. Removing the speed limiter makes the car go faster than the tires are rated for. I'm enjoying the car as it is, have not run into a situation where I wished I had more power. 429HP is fine by me.

Yea, it would be nice to tune it. But ultimately there is not a huge amount of gains to get from it. Though would be nice for the option, I really like the car as is too.

Gen420

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I bought a 2013 R Spec about a month ago. Since then I've been looking at upgrades etc.
All I could see on the site was that there were not any known tunes for this car.
Found a Website for a dyno-tuning company near me. They also have a ECU upgrade like BTR was.
I'll be getting my car tuned when all the restrictions lifted. Will post more info then.

10fintec.com

Genesis Sedan 5.0L – Canned Tune (Stage 1)
ECU Tuning Here at 10fintec we are passionate about offering a reliable and proven tuning solution for Hyundai, Kia, and Genesis platforms. By utilizing your stock ECU (Engine Control Unit) of your…

10fintec.com
10fintec.com
How did the time go? U like it?

RSpectnewbie

Registered Member
Ontario
Genesis Model Type
How did the time go? U like it?
Still enjoying the car very much. Decided not to go with the tune, the car is good enough as it is. So far has been problem free. Just had an oil catch can installed so will see how that goes over time.

Tonfinnhead

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I also have the ECU and TCU tune now on my car... Is it worth it??? Hell yes lol I'm also running a 4.18 diff out of the coupe. I love the gear usage

2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec all out acceleration!!!

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
I also have the ECU and TCU tune now on my car... Is it worth it??? Hell yes lol I'm also running a 4.18 diff out of the coupe. I love the gear usage

2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec all out acceleration!!!
If that video is in realtime, look like it took over 5+ seconds to get to 60 mph if timed with a stopwatch.

Tonfinnhead

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
If that video is in realtime, look like it took over 5+ seconds to get to 60 mph if timed with a stopwatch.
I didn't go WOT on take off. Timing the 0-60 wouldn't be accurate

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
I didn't go WOT on take off. Timing the 0-60 wouldn't be accurate
Yea, total times were not that stellar. My engineering friend actually timed 0-60 -6.58 and 0-80 -9.3, as compared to Automobile Catalogue, which issues data base specs for all cars world wide with comparison charts. I think the TCU and 4:11(8) rear might be possibly worth the added costs by taking advantage of higher gearing and rpm/shift patterns, but unfortunately don't believe you can get the TCU pack with out spending the money for the ECU.

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
Yea, total times were not that stellar. My engineering friend actually timed 0-60 -6.58 and 0-80 -9.3, as compared to Automobile Catalogue, which issues data base specs for all cars world wide with comparison charts. I think the TCU and 4:11(8) rear might be possibly worth the added costs by taking advantage of higher gearing and rpm/shift patterns, but unfortunately don't believe you can get the TCU pack with out spending the money for the ECU.
Drag times hopefully will show actual improvement results.

aliahmadi

Genesis Model Type
Drag times hopefully will show actual improvement results.
His car is no where near slow enough to run a 6 second 0-60 time. His 60-130 time is 12.5 seconds with the tune which is very impressive and he's not even gotten a hang of the gearing or done enough runs yet. He'll creep into the high 11 / low 12 second area very soon.

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
His car is no where near slow enough to run a 6 second 0-60 time. His 60-130 time is 12.5 seconds with the tune which is very impressive and he's not even gotten a hang of the gearing or done enough runs yet. He'll creep into the high 11 / low 12 second area very soon.
I think I did not make clear what I was trying to state. Knowing he made a soft launch on the start, after 1st gear his times would then show his more accurate performance, and though better than stock, they may have been overstated if he did not have his ECU programed for his 4.18 rear to adjust his speedometer's accuracy. The difference between the standard 3.53 ratio and 4.18 is about 15%, you can do the math. I think any real performance improvements would be mostly the 4.18 gearing and TCU upgrade. Reason I state this is my own 5.0 dynoed 364 rwhp @6550rpm in 2018 w/2nd cats still installed, and the 5.0 BRT tune shown in You Tube 2018 did average 384 @ 6550 w/o cats, or less than 20 hp diff., which is in the ball park of all you can ask for a tune in an normally aspirated engine. In both instances HP peaked at 6550. Yes you can over rev but probably no more power unless you change to larger TB, etc.

G-940694

I bought a 2013 R Spec about a month ago. Since then I've been looking at upgrades etc.
All I could see on the site was that there were not any known tunes for this car.
Found a Website for a dyno-tuning company near me. They also have a ECU upgrade like BTR was.
I'll be getting my car tuned when all the restrictions lifted. Will post more info then.

10fintec.com

Genesis Sedan 5.0L – Canned Tune (Stage 1)
ECU Tuning Here at 10fintec we are passionate about offering a reliable and proven tuning solution for Hyundai, Kia, and Genesis platforms. By utilizing your stock ECU (Engine Control Unit) of your…

10fintec.com
10fintec.com
does this work for 15+ model 5.0

Tonfinnhead

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I think I did not make clear what I was trying to state. Knowing he made a soft launch on the start, after 1st gear his times would then show his more accurate performance, and though better than stock, they may have been overstated if he did not have his ECU programed for his 4.18 rear to adjust his speedometer's accuracy. The difference between the standard 3.53 ratio and 4.18 is about 15%, you can do the math. I think any real performance improvements would be mostly the 4.18 gearing and TCU upgrade. Reason I state this is my own 5.0 dynoed 364 rwhp @6550rpm in 2018 w/2nd cats still installed, and the 5.0 BRT tune shown in You Tube 2018 did average 384 @ 6550 w/o cats, or less than 20 hp diff., which is in the ball park of all you can ask for a tune in an normally aspirated engine. In both instances HP peaked at 6550. Yes you can over rev but probably no more power unless you change to larger TB, etc.
I've since run 12.3 60-130mph. Before I was stuck in the high 13s and sometimes 14s due to crappy DA and stock tune. I've found the sweet spot to shift with the tuned TCU. As soon as the needle touches 7k rpm shift up. Anything after is pretty much a waste and sometimes you'd bounce off of the Rev limiter due to how slow it shifts. I've been data logging quite a bit since the tune and have found when cold the shifts are happening at .120ms-.200ms when hot it creeps all the way up to .600-700ms to shift. Next upgrades will be an upgraded valve body and transcooler for sure. On cold starts with the manual shift mode it is the perfect trans. I mean you bump up and it's almost DCT how fast it shifts I love it! Then it warms up and reality sets in 😔. I will try to go to the drag strip this week and get some official times. My best so far was 13.08@ 109mph and a 60' of 2.08

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums