• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Found a tuning company for 5.0 Sedan's.

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
maybe find a adapter plate or something
Go NOS if you want to actually gain some real power. All else is dreaming or $$$$$$. Tuning alone to an aspirated engine will not show large hp gains unless added turbo/chrger which increases air intake. Future is bleak because 5.0 will go off line next year and not enough customers for tuners to spend time on it for any real power gains, even more so trying to adapt ecu to either. My thoughts.

JRAWK39

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I bought a 2013 R Spec about a month ago. Since then I've been looking at upgrades etc.
All I could see on the site was that there were not any known tunes for this car.
Found a Website for a dyno-tuning company near me. They also have a ECU upgrade like BTR was.
I'll be getting my car tuned when all the restrictions lifted. Will post more info then.

10fintec.com

Genesis Sedan 5.0L – Canned Tune (Stage 1)
ECU Tuning Here at 10fintec we are passionate about offering a reliable and proven tuning solution for Hyundai, Kia, and Genesis platforms. By utilizing your stock ECU (Engine Control Unit) of your…

10fintec.com
10fintec.com
I bought a 2013 R Spec about a month ago. Since then I've been looking at upgrades etc.
All I could see on the site was that there were not any known tunes for this car.
Found a Website for a dyno-tuning company near me. They also have a ECU upgrade like BTR was.
I'll be getting my car tuned when all the restrictions lifted. Will post more info then.

10fintec.com

Genesis Sedan 5.0L – Canned Tune (Stage 1)
ECU Tuning Here at 10fintec we are passionate about offering a reliable and proven tuning solution for Hyundai, Kia, and Genesis platforms. By utilizing your stock ECU (Engine Control Unit) of your…

10fintec.com
10fintec.com
So I was wondering if this tune ever happened. Also were you the one that was in talks with the South Korean tuner about the nitrous tune.. I have a kit installed right now but I'm only doing about a 35 shot to be safe.. would love some input

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
So I was wondering if this tune ever happened. Also were you the one that was in talks with the South Korean tuner about the nitrous tune.. I have a kit installed right now but I'm only doing about a 35 shot to be safe.. would love some input
Your the first to apparently try NOS! Do you have any supportable results with your 35 shot? NOS told me a year ago that the Gen could handle 75 shot with out anything else. However if you do a tune it may lean out too much. Dyno it and you can see how close you are to the mimimum air ratio you need for safe NOS shots.

NSXNEXT

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
^^^ with as pig rich as this engine runs I would think 50-75 shot should be no issue.

JRAWK39

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Your the first to apparently try NOS! Do you have any supportable results with your 35 shot? NOS told me a year ago that the Gen could handle 75 shot with out anything else. However if you do a tune it may lean out too much. Dyno it and you can see how close you are to the mimimum air ratio you need for safe NOS shots.
I don't have anything on paper as far as stats go. To be honest I feel a little difference especially when taking off. I never hit the button below 2500 remand when I do I carry it to about the 6000 rpm mark and let go and so on for remaining gears. But that piece of info is great to know about the 75 shot cause I just ordered new jets that went up to 125 but I didn't dare max it out. I will let you know after I put the 75 jet in and get some dyno time then atheist I have something to share except what I felt. Lol. By the way I'm running a dry nitrous set up from Zex

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
I don't have anything on paper as far as stats go. To be honest I feel a little difference especially when taking off. I never hit the button below 2500 remand when I do I carry it to about the 6000 rpm mark and let go and so on for remaining gears. But that piece of info is great to know about the 75 shot cause I just ordered new jets that went up to 125 but I didn't dare max it out. I will let you know after I put the 75 jet in and get some dyno time then atheist I have something to share except what I felt. Lol. By the way I'm running a dry nitrous set up from Zex
That’s great. Shame you have no stock testing baseline. Seat of pants feel is unfortunately just that.
That’s great! Do you know cost of system and who installed? Shame no stock baseline record, seat of pants not reliable. Try free GPS app as one way to log times that will be close to real. Again NOS said dry is ok probably upto 100 shot then advised wet system depending on dyno results of air ratio. Also you might want to contact Zex for launching and running tips. I know NOS staff is willing to give advice. Also let us know any other mods you also have made. You’re sort of the “Test bed” for many 5.0 owners seeking some real performance without breaking the bank.

RSpectnewbie

Registered Member
Ontario
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Tune never happened. For the custom tune they have to fly in the tuner from South Korea, another covid casualty. Decided against going for it anyways, happy with the car as is so could not see myself spending about $1600 for an extra 20HP at best. The TCU module would have been of more interest but you need the tuned ECU in order to get the TCU module. That changes the redline and allows you to bounce of the limiter to coax more out of the car if you want.

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
Tune never happened. For the custom tune they have to fly in the tuner from South Korea, another covid casualty. Decided against going for it anyways, happy with the car as is so could not see myself spending about $1600 for an extra 20HP at best. The TCU module would have been of more interest but you need the tuned ECU in order to get the TCU module. That changes the redline and allows you to bounce of the limiter to coax more out of the car if you want.
Exactly my thoughts. Wouldn't mind having the TCU, just for better shifting and a little more revs, but as you wrote, unfortunately must get ECU as package.

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
Though I wrote about this before, I found that in my area 93 Octane is readily available and when supplemented with Royal Purple Max Boost and really hard dog my car a few times the computer apparently learns to extend it's limits to its built in capacity allowing strong 6750 shift points through the gears and an occasional rare 7000 rpm shift. I modded the bottom air filter box and did 2nd cats deletes trying to get max air flow for the stock throttle body, which according to a velocity engineering site is good for a max 7100-7200 rpm with out any modifications to it. Not running it hard for a few days and everything goes back to original eco parameters until I dog it again.

JRAWK39

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
That’s great. Shame you have no stock testing baseline. Seat of pants feel is unfortunately just that.

That’s great! Do you know cost of system and who installed? Shame no stock baseline record, seat of pants not reliable. Try free GPS app as one way to log times that will be close to real. Again NOS said dry is ok probably upto 100 shot then advised wet system depending on dyno results of air ratio. Also you might want to contact Zex for launching and running tips. I know NOS staff is willing to give advice. Also let us know any other mods you also have made. You’re sort of the “Test bed” for many 5.0 owners seeking some real performance without breaking the bank.
My apologies on this forum if it's strictly 5.0 genies cause mine is the 4.6. As far as the dyni testing, with NOS you can still get your baseline number cause the nitrous isn't a constant flow especially mine cause I have it set up on a button to activate not the wide open throttle set up. I feel very fortunate to be a pioneer of sorts in this and I absolutely love this car. By far my favorite out of every car I've owned. But to answer the other question I bought the Zex safe shot set up and it cost me just under 400 for the whole set. That includes everything you need to install it. Not sure of the cost of install as I did it myself. It's really a straight forward install, the hardest part was figuring out where to mount the solenoid and where/how to run the line. After all of that was figured out it took me about an hour and a half to install the rest. Now when I first put it in I didn't have a purge kit which now I have installed this weekend and it's a night and day difference cause you purge all the air that might be in the line out so you are getting the most possible nitrous on your hit. My next 2 purchases for it are going to be a bottle warmer and a remote bottle opener that way I don't have to get in the trunk to open and close the bottle. All these things I mentioned I highly recommend especially the purge kit and bottle warmer as the warmer will keep the bottle at 90 degrees or close to it which is optimal temp. I'm going to be home today so if you want I can post pics of the install so you guys have an idea of what it could look like if you were to go that route. One more thing I might mention is to buy a separate jet kit that way you have more options as far as what amount of nitrous to run safely.

JRAWK39

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
My apologies on this forum if it's strictly 5.0 genies cause mine is the 4.6. As far as the dyni testing, with NOS you can still get your baseline number cause the nitrous isn't a constant flow especially mine cause I have it set up on a button to activate not the wide open throttle set up. I feel very fortunate to be a pioneer of sorts in this and I absolutely love this car. By far my favorite out of every car I've owned. But to answer the other question I bought the Zex safe shot set up and it cost me just under 400 for the whole set. That includes everything you need to install it. Not sure of the cost of install as I did it myself. It's really a straight forward install, the hardest part was figuring out where to mount the solenoid and where/how to run the line. After all of that was figured out it took me about an hour and a half to install the rest. Now when I first put it in I didn't have a purge kit which now I have installed this weekend and it's a night and day difference cause you purge all the air that might be in the line out so you are getting the most possible nitrous on your hit. My next 2 purchases for it are going to be a bottle warmer and a remote bottle opener that way I don't have to get in the trunk to open and close the bottle. All these things I mentioned I highly recommend especially the purge kit and bottle warmer as the warmer will keep the bottle at 90 degrees or close to it which is optimal temp. I'm going to be home today so if you want I can post pics of the install so you guys have an idea of what it could look like if you were to go that route. One more thing I might mention is to buy a separate jet kit that way you have more options as far as what amount of nitrous to run safely.

Attachments

• 20210227_212723.jpg
    20210227_212723.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 15

Steve2020

Registered Member
MS
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Headers, cams and intake would make an ecu/tcu dyno tune worth paying $1600 for as long as you had a top notch tuner. Next year the 1G 5.0 will be 10 years old and hyundai won't have warranty claims to worry about, maybe they'll feel sorry for those of us that want that stuff and release the code. I doubt it since they didn't do any favors for the 4.6 folks.

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
Headers, cams and intake would make an ecu/tcu dyno tune worth paying $1600 for as long as you had a top notch tuner. Next year the 1G 5.0 will be 10 years old and hyundai won't have warranty claims to worry about, maybe they'll feel sorry for those of us that want that stuff and release the code. I doubt it since they didn't do any favors for the 4.6 folks.
5.0 still used in 2020 Genesis. Good luck on that hope.

Steve2020

Registered Member
MS
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
5.0 still used in 2020 Genesis. Good luck on that hope.
Yeah I know. It's ridiculous. My guess is the engines might be able to handle some extra power but not the rearends or axles without the factory or some other very high treadwear rated tire. The transmission definitely can't handle any extra power reliably.

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
Yeah I know. It's ridiculous. My guess is the engines might be able to handle some extra power but not the rearends or axles without the factory or some other very high treadwear rated tire. The transmission definitely can't handle any extra power reliably.
In my opinion I think JRAWK39 has the best idea. If you judiciusly use NOS a 75 shot can give the 4.6 & 5.0 a chance to run against newer 500 hp cars without mechanical problems, but unfortunately time, horsepower and science marches on and if you want to run against the newer cars, you will have to buy one.

Steve2020

Registered Member
MS
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
In my opinion I think JRAWK39 has the best idea. If you judiciusly use NOS a 75 shot can give the 4.6 & 5.0 a chance to run against newer 500 hp cars without mechanical problems, but unfortunately time, horsepower and science marches on and if you want to run against the newer cars, you will have to buy one.
I agree that given the situation with these cars those are the only 2 realistic options but it shouldn't be that way.

JRAWK39

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Thank you Steve2020 I take that as a compliment. What I can tell everyone on here about nitrous and our cars is, if you have fun driving it now and I mean DRIVING it then you have got to experience the feel when you hit that button. Don't get me wrong, it's not a snap your head back and go into tunnel vision feel like Fast and Furious but it plants you back into your seat quite impressively. Like I had said in my previous posts I have mine set up by button instead of the gas pedal on WOT. A lot of people say nitrous will blow your motor and blah blah which is true it can, but, if you use it like it's meant to be used then there really aren't any unsuspected surprises. When I engage mine it's always over 2500 RPMs, always on wide open throttle and most importantly I never hold the button down for more than like 5 to 10 seconds. As far as the rear end and the tranny I personally have not had any problems at all. If anyone is interested in doing a nitrous set up on their cars I would be happy to answer any questions you might have to the best of my ability

NSXNEXT

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Patiently waiting for my 10yr extended warranty to expire before this happens.