Free Map Update Is Here!!!!!!!

MHT

Been here awhile...
Just got off the phone with Hyundai and they said that MapNSoft is saying that the 03.00.00.2009.08.25.14 is the latest version for my car.
MapNSoft states that they will have a map update every year so where is the 2010 map update. It will be interesting to see what happens in 2011.
I would like to thank everyone who responded to my post in regards to this matter.

MHT

Been here awhile...
will get you exact #'s on system tomorrow .... elected to use wife's Vera Cruz in 11 inches of snow Today!
I can still use that version number when you have time.
Thank you............

MHT

Been here awhile...
I received an e mail from MapNSOFT and they provided me with what they are saying is the updated map version for my 2010 4.6 V8.
The version number that they gave me is 03.00.00 2010.04.30.10. After speaking with Hyundai the dealer is asking that I come in with
the e mail so they can try and get the update and also call MapNSOFT to find out why they were told that 03.00.00 2009.08.25.14 was the latest version for my car. I also plan to find out what version the dealer try to run and said it would not run because I had the latest update.
I am one step closer to getting this matter resolved. I think every owner who has had a problem with the update for any reason should be concerned. As this is now 2011 we should be asking how hard is going to be to get the 2011 update?

MHT

Been here awhile...
After 2 months of going round and round with Hyundai,MapNSOFT and my dealer, I now have the April 2010 map update version 03.00.00 2010.04.30.10. The dealer had the car for a day and a half. I did not have to do anything to my radio presets or phone numbers as nothing was lost.
I paid nothing for the update, just may be someone thought that I had been through enough. It will be interesting to see how this all goes when
the 2011 update is released.
2010 Genesis 4.6 former map version 03.00.00 2009.08.25.14

gator749

Registered Member
Finally, after many, many phone calls the map update for my touch screen nav is arriving at the dealer directly from MapnSoft! I received a call a few days ago from the Atlanta region about the problem I reported (numerous times) to Hyundai Consumer affairs. I (again) explained that I had a nearly useless GPS that was sold with an outdated database. They contacted the dealer and instructed them to use the Tuscon update disks. I was concerned with this and called MapnSoft. They said NOT to use the Tuscon disks as they would only work on the Genesis Coupe and may screw up my GPS. They then called my dealer and arranged to get them the correct disks.

I called Atlanta back and their reaction was "OK, the issue is closed". No apology or embarassment at giving LOL bad instructions to a dealer that could have messed up all the touch screen cars they had waiting for updates. Based on this and other experiences with the Hyundai Atlanta Region, I've reached the conclusion that they have the competence and customer focus of a bad DMV office. Hyundai USA should really do some housecleaning. They also owe me a paycheck for doing Atlanta's job for them.

msitter

Registered Member
Greer, SC
I have a new Garmin GPS Map for my motorcycle and boat, an updated Magellan in my wifes BMW, the factory Genesis Tech 2010 and had a GMC Denali with a current update on the factory GM gps. None of them had a clue where I was in upstate South Carolina once I left the major highways. I think that a lot of the perceived gps problems stem from the fact that a lot of the rural sections of the country are uncharted. I have lived here for 14 years and as best as I can tell there have been few new roads. When I go on paved roads to follow my usual shortcuts the gps shows me as going cross country and not on any roads. This has been on all of my units since the beginning. I have not updated my Genesis as my build date is after the latest update but all of my other units have current updates and the Genesis is no better or worse than any of them. It would not surprise me then that the person from Charleston SC would be having problems. Hell, my cellphone has problems on trips from the upstate to either Myrtle Beach or Charleston other than passing through Columbia. There are large parts of South Carolina that still don't have consistent cell service so it should be no surprise that there is uncharted rural areas. There are probably other areas of the country as well that are far from cities and have only the most traveled of routes charted. I have seen help wanted ads from NAVTEQ looking for people to just drive around with the computerized gps sensors to map different areas. From what I gather they drive around, stop in front of various locations and log data about that spot. That in turn is fed into the database to create updates. It will be several more years until they have covered every road in the country and every new one that is created every year.

moose66

Been here awhile...
msitter,
Are you having the lack of seeing the roads issue with all of the scale settings? I have found at times if you make the scale smaller, say drop from a 2 mile scale to one of 700 feet, you see more roads. Just a thought that may be worth a try.

bigel

Getting familiar with the group...
New Jersey
A few weeks back I was at my local dealer for an oil change and tire rotations service; at that time the service clerk told me that there was a warrantee service due for my 2009 Genesis. She said, “It’s a long service so you’ll need to leave it with us.” She confirmed that the service was to update the maps and I was pumped.

Long story short, they had my vehicle for the entire day…I left it the evening prior to the appointment using the ‘key drop’ and got a call at noon (the time I had requested the job be complete) telling me they’d need more time…they didn’t call back until 5PM when it was finally finished. They worked ALL DAY on this thing and charged me $0.00!

Map version is now “03.00.00 2010.04.30.10” and is functioning GREAT.

Hope everyone else gets the update and don’t have any problems with it…

Rebecca

I too have the 2009 Genesis with the old map. I just checked the TSB regarding the map update dated March 2011 and it clearly states the customer will be charged and this is not a part of warranty work. You got lucky, I believe. Good for you! :D

bigel

New Jersey
With the latest update, what new features have been added to the system outside of the updated maps?
I don't see any 'new' features...the map still indicates my home location incorrectly (i.e., street number 85, rather than 23). The points of interest have been updated, which is nice. I, like the others in this thread, lost all of my radio presets, phone book, and stored navigation information after the upgrade.

And still no way to upload my mobile phone book.

sjamie

Hasn't posted much yet...
I don't see any 'new' features...the map still indicates my home location incorrectly (i.e., street number 85, rather than 23). The points of interest have been updated, which is nice. I, like the others in this thread, lost all of my radio presets, phone book, and stored navigation information after the upgrade.

And still no way to upload my mobile phone book.
It is very unfortunate that there is still no way for us to import our mobile phone book. Have the ipod features been improved? For example, in my 2010 Genesis, if you have the ipod set to play "random" songs and turn off the car, when you turn it back on, you it will play tracks in order (not random). If you are playing a podcast, switch to XM or something else and then switch back to ipod, the podcast automatically resumes but with the wrong title displayed.

Any updates these issues?

P.S. Also, long track titles don't scroll on my vehicle. Has this been updated?

slvslv

Registered Member
Kansas
No, unfortunately none of the iPod issues have been addressed or fixed. Once you turn off the car, you have to start all over again as it still defaults to alphabetical order song play in playlists.

My song titles do not scroll either. They just get cut off followed by ....

Brent

sjamie

Hasn't posted much yet...
No, unfortunately none of the iPod issues have been addressed or fixed. Once you turn off the car, you have to start all over again as it still defaults to alphabetical order song play in playlists.

My song titles do not scroll either. They just get cut off followed by ....

Brent
ARRGH... That's so unfortunate! :mad:

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.