Free Map Update Is Here!!!!!!!

MHT

Been here awhile...
MapNSoft says that the database update for the 2010 touch screen nav is now available. My dealer knows nothing, I'll try Hyundai.
That information is misleading , according to MapNSoft if you have the 300.00.2009.08.2514 version in your car you have the latest version.
In my opinion MapNSoft has created allot of confusion over the map update.

gator749

Registered Member
That information is misleading , according to MapNSoft if you have the 300.00.2009.08.2514 version in your car you have the latest version.
In my opinion MapNSoft has created allot of confusion over the map update.
I thought MapNSoft was pretty clear that an update was available based on my VIN or I would not have said so in the post. Hyundai, when asked, said that my car (touch screen nav) now had a database update available and would have my dealer call me to schedule the work.

MHT

Been here awhile...
I thought MapNSoft was pretty clear that an update was available based on my VIN or I would not have said so in the post. Hyundai, when asked, said that my car (touch screen nav) now had a database update available and would have my dealer call me to schedule the work.
I was not talking about what you said but what MapNSoft has on their sight about the update. My VIN also brings up the update but when I contacted MapNsoft they said that my car has the latest version. I have the non touch screen nav.

MHT

Been here awhile...
Have you received the update yet?

jhendri

Hasn't posted much yet...
I took my 3.8 09 in on Monday for upgrade map and nav system, dealer called and said they had an problem with upgrade. Car will be ready on Thursday with a charge of 145.00 for the disk. Am I wrong in thinking the dealer should paid for the disk since he going to keep them. They are also charging me 95.00 for installation. If I must paid for the disks then I think the dealer should give them to me, although they would serve no purpose for me

grtday

Been here awhile...
Copy of the FREE Map update

This is a copy of the "Free Navigation Map Update ($279. Value" as received in the mail yesterday.
I immediately contacted my dealer, HUB Hyundai. These guys are the greatest, but had not been informed of the free update and didn't have the discs.
C'mon Hyundai Service- Get it together!:rolleyes:

Attachments

Last edited:

moose66

Been here awhile...
Re: Copy of the FREE Map update

This is a copy of the "Free Navigation Map Update ($279. Value" as received in the mail yesterday.
I immediately contacted my dealer, HUB Hyundai. These guys are the greatest, but had not been informed of the free update and didn't have the discs.
C'mon Hyundai Service- Get it together!:rolleyes:
Exactly what I received in the mail last week. My car is at the dealer as we speak getting 15K service and the complimentary nav upgrade. I hear from my wife that the service dept is having an issue with the nav upgrade! Ut oh! :eek:

I was at the Coconut Creek dealer last week and they told me they never heard of a map update. I don't know if they were putting me on or did not want to give it to me since I would not qualify because I purchased the first tech package they ever sold in July of 2008.

This kind of thing really bothers me (excluding your first customers or existing customers). Like cable companies giving discounts to new customers and raising the price for existing customers.

It's bad business. Makes the customer want to go some place else.

moose66

Been here awhile...
Re: Copy of the FREE Map update

Exactly what I received in the mail last week. My car is at the dealer as we speak getting 15K service and the complimentary nav upgrade. I hear from my wife that the service dept is having an issue with the nav upgrade! Ut oh! :eek:
Got the car back yesterday. I have been away on business and have not had a chance to check it out. It appears they had an issue with the nav update. They told my wife that the car has to be running while the update takes place and that someone saw the car running and turned it off. Meaning they had to start all over again. Yikes. Of course no one there fessed up to turning the car off. Figures!

sjamie

I took my 2010 Genesis 4.6 w/ Tech package into my local dealership to get an oil change and the map update because they said they finally had the new disks. After the update was supposedly applied, upon checking out the version number, I realized the update was actually NOT applied. Upon alerting the head mechanic, he said the update was actually applied but it could not be "unlocked" unless I purchase a copy of the update disks and enter a unique code that is tied to my VIN. The disks the dealer used was specifically designed for the dealer as some sort of diagnostic utility. The dealer said they did not know where I could purchase the disks so we could continue with the update process. In addition, I was still charged for the labor involved in attempting the update; therefore, my oil change was extremely expensive!

Any suggestions on what I should do now? From where can I get the update disks? Map&Soft's website states the dealerships have the disks but my dealer says they can't even find a product number so they can order them. WTF!

Has anyone actually updated a 2010 4.6 w/ Tech Package? If so, what is the latest version number of the Map software?

blasterguam

Registered Member
Jacksonville FL
I took my 2010 Genesis 4.6 w/ Tech package into my local dealership to get an oil change and the map update because they said they finally had the new disks. After the update was supposedly applied, upon checking out the version number, I realized the update was actually NOT applied. Upon alerting the head mechanic, he said the update was actually applied but it could not be "unlocked" unless I purchase a copy of the update disks and enter a unique code that is tied to my VIN. The disks the dealer used was specifically designed for the dealer as some sort of diagnostic utility. The dealer said they did not know where I could purchase the disks so we could continue with the update process. In addition, I was still charged for the labor involved in attempting the update; therefore, my oil change was extremely expensive!

Any suggestions on what I should do now? From where can I get the update disks? Map&Soft's website states the dealerships have the disks but my dealer says they can't even find a product number so they can order them. WTF!

Has anyone actually updated a 2010 4.6 w/ Tech Package? If so, what is the latest version number of the Map software?
They are feeding you a line of BS, and you just paid for a map update that was not applied. You do not need to buy the disks for the free map update!

blasterguam

Registered Member
Jacksonville FL
Mine goes in bright and early on Monday, and after all the problems others have had I have my fingers crossed that the update installs just fine. The dealer has been great so far, but they are 40m from the house and I don't want to have to drive back and forth to resolve lingering issues.

I'll follow with a post to update my experience.

MHT

Been here awhile...
I need your help!

If you have had a 2010 or 2011 Genesis 4.6 V8 Tech map update,
please post the version number.
My 2010 has Aug 2009 03-00-00-2009.08.25.14. Build Date 02/18/2010 Purchase Date 05/28/2010
I need to know the version numbers for the April and Sept 2010 up dates.
There is a version that starts with 03.07.06, does anyone know the rest of the number or date.
I am presently talking with Hyundai in regards to the map update.

Thank You.............

Last edited:

sjamie

My 2010 4.6 w/ tech package also came with the Aug 2009 03-00-00-2009.08.25.14 version installed. It would be very helpful to know if someone has successfully updated their 2010 4.6 and the updated version number of the software.

gator749

Registered Member
The latest in the saga of trying to get my 2010 touch screen nav database updated is that Hyundai, MapnSoft and now the Dealer agree it exists. This was a major breakthrough. The Dealer said it was $199 plus labor, but that the Hyundai regional parts manager has agreed to comp my car. Now, I just have to see when the Dealer gets the disks. My patience ran out on this subject several months ago. I really wonder what criteria Hyundai uses to send out the free update coupons vs. making some owners waste time dealing with "Consumer Affairs" to get the database that the car should have had when purchased?

I have a friend that is considering a Genesis. I advised him to refuse delivery of the car if it did not have a current database or buy the Infiniti instead.

MHT

Been here awhile...
I still need to know the version numbers of the April 2010 and Sept. 2010
Map updates for the non touch screen Nav.

Thank you,

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.