G70 2.0 vs. 3.3T

Ruissimo

Registered Member
Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The PIN expires and generally expires with the monthly lease amounts.

First one I had was good from early May to late June, next was 7/1-7/8 due to them extending the July numbers.
This is correct. The one I used last week expired on 7/8.

If you're a circle member, it is permanent, but if you get a pin from that member, it is not permanent for you, unfortunately.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What dealer did you get it from? Was it on the lot or did you have to order it? I cant find a single G70 Sport for sale on Autotrader anywhere in the US...
I bought it at Genesis of Alexandria, VA. It was on the lot with 10 miles on it. They apparently were the first certified Genesis dealership in the US. Tiny place, but excellent customer service.

I spent a few weeks looking. Mine was even harder to find because I wanted a RWD and there was only one other available within 500 miles. The rest were AWD. Most of the dealerships said they only intend to order AWDs. Another dealership closer to me in Northern MD has two 3.3T Dynamics! 2 of only 400.

Last edited:

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So, after a ton of complaining and arguing with two dealerships and getting gen corporate involved, I got a loaner while my 3.3T sport was getting warranty work done, which happened to be a G70 2.0T.

My impressions are as follows: the 2.0T is more fun to drive due to the lighter weight in the front. It also doesnt feel much, if any slower during normal driving. The only time it feels slower is from a dead stop or when mashing the throttle at speed.

The 3.3T is a beast, but not sure it is worth the extra cost and worse MPGs. For normal driving, the 2.0T is excellent.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So, after a ton of complaining and arguing with two dealerships and getting gen corporate involved, I got a loaner while my 3.3T sport was getting warranty work done, which happened to be a G70 2.0T.

My impressions are as follows: the 2.0T is more fun to drive due to the lighter weight in the front. It also doesnt feel much, if any slower during normal driving. The only time it feels slower is from a dead stop or when mashing the throttle at speed.

The 3.3T is a beast, but not sure it is worth the extra cost and worse MPGs. For normal driving, the 2.0T is excellent.
Put it in Eco if you want that old school turbo feel. Will feel like an Evo X minus the weight!

Ruissimo

Registered Member
Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been driving in Sport ONLY for this tank of fuel... I'll let you know my results vs. Eco ;)

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
isnt this because youre at high boost and low load? until the trans finally downshifts for you right?
Yup. Eco will redline between shifts no problem when you put your foot down. The initial build up and down shift is fun especially with the JB4!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I only drive in sport around town and put it in eco for freeway travel. It's a dog in eco... lol
On the freeway, the difference is not worth the button push. Very minor differences. Look at the tach at 60 mph or so as you cycle through the modes.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On the freeway, the difference is not worth the button push. Very minor differences. Look at the tach at 60 mph or so as you cycle through the modes.
True

srahmed87

I think it depends on your previous cars and your daily driving routines.

My previous cars include g35 and GTI. I wanted more power and do alot of highway driving - going with the 3.3 L

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was originally shopping for a 2.0T but was worried it wasnt powerful enough. The car I replaced was a 2018 Camaro SS 1LE and it was a rocket ship. Before that was a custom show car 65 Chevelle that I built with a LS3, a G35 Coupe, a Mustang GT, and s few other fast cars.

In retrospect, the 2.0T would have been fine, but I went with the 3.3T.