G70 Lease Comparisons and Discussion (USA)

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hmm, I wonder if that’s the one she has located. Personally red is my least favorite color and I prefer the gray stitching. I’ll have to look at the red stitching again as that’s something I’d have to consider. Exactly what I want minus that though.
You are after the Sport...correct? So 3.3T Santiago Silver RWD Sport with gray stitching?

Would you do AWD? $2k more. Remember...AWD is not just for winter driving. There is the performance aspect as well.

DK_11

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You are after the Sport...correct? So 3.3T Santiago Silver RWD Sport with gray stitching?

Would you do AWD? $2k more. Remember...AWD is not just for winter driving. There is the performance aspect as well.
That is correct. All of the above. I’m fine with AWD just didn’t see the need for it as I’m down south and prefer to not travel up north (where I’m from) during the cold/winter months. I’ve owned two RWD Mercedes so it’s just what I’m used to but AWD is fine too.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That is correct. All of the above. I’m fine with AWD just didn’t see the need for it as I’m down south and prefer to not travel up north (where I’m from) during the cold/winter months. I’ve owned two RWD Mercedes so it’s just what I’m used to but AWD is fine too.
Reason I ask is...if you do AWD...it opens up all the dealers north of Virginia....TONS more cars for your selection.

DK_11

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Reason I ask is...if you do AWD...it opens up all the dealers north of Virginia....TONS more cars for your selection.
Ahh, ok makes sense. I figured out why I haven’t been able to locate what I want. I’m sure you all have known this but I’m late to the party. The G70 isn’t listed as the 3.3T Sport on any website. It’s under the Advanced or Prestige trim so it requires a little more research. Figured this out once you sent me the vehicle a couple messages ago.

Last edited:

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ another trick if you are using the Genesis Search Inventory feature. If the car is a Sport...the little generic car photo will have the 5-spoke rims...so you know immediately. Also...price...obviously. AWD Sport is > $52,500.

DK_11

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ another trick if you are using the Genesis Search Inventory feature. If the car is a Sport...the little generic car photo will have the 5-spoke rims...so you know immediately. Also...price...obviously. AWD Sport is > $52,500.
I knew it was the only trim with the 5 spoke but I’ve also noticed a lot of listings have a stock photo that isn’t necessarily the exact vehicle it shows. Thanks for the tip though! Again, I really appreciate your help and taking the time to give me advice on this. Wish I would have known about this vehicle much sooner.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Last edited:

DK_11

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ha! That's where I bought my g70 from! I saw this there the other day. Place is only 10 mins from my house and the sales guy knows my parents and myself so if you need anything let me know! @DK_11

DK_11

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Ha! That's where I bought my g70 from! I saw this there the other day. Place is only 10 mins from my house and the sales guy knows my parents and myself so if you need anything let me know! @DK_11
I’m definitely interested. I’d have to get it shipped as I’m unable to just make a trip up there without taking leave so I’d be curious to find out what those costs would be. Is there any way to PM on here so I can get in touch with you in case things fall through with this current dealer? Crazy because a week ago I couldn’t locate any vehicle here in the states and since using this forum I’m up to three options with the dealer in SC and the one you bought yours from.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

DK_11

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
That is good, most members here like to help out others. Just click on his name and there is an option to start a conversation. Let us know how things go,
Thank you! I noticed on the other thread about prices OTD one of the guys (Machine something) actually bought from the dealership I’m talking to in Atlanta but as I kept reading I realized he didn’t want to share anything as I was hoping to talk with him. Everyone I’ve talked to on here has been friendly and extremely helpful.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m definitely interested. I’d have to get it shipped as I’m unable to just make a trip up there without taking leave so I’d be curious to find out what those costs would be. Is there any way to PM on here so I can get in touch with you in case things fall through with this current dealer? Crazy because a week ago I couldn’t locate any vehicle here in the states and since using this forum I’m up to three options with the dealer in SC and the one you bought yours from.
Talk to your dealer regarding a dealer trade. Not sure if they would charge you. Thing is...you deal with your local dealer who may not bargain. You could call the northern dealer and find out if they are willing to move below MSRP...and how much flatbedding would cost. Shouldn't be more than $600.

DK_11

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Talk to your dealer regarding a dealer trade. Not sure if they would charge you. Thing is...you deal with your local dealer who may not bargain. You could call the northern dealer and find out if they are willing to move below MSRP...and how much flatbedding would cost. Shouldn't be more than $600.
She’s already mentioned that they can do a dealer trade and get it for me. Haven’t spoken about cost or anything yet as I’m waiting to hear back from her today. I will see if they are willing to budge on the price. Not my first rodeo so hopefully I can get it down like I normally do.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
She’s already mentioned that they can do a dealer trade and get it for me. Haven’t spoken about cost or anything yet as I’m waiting to hear back from her today. I will see if they are willing to budge on the price. Not my first rodeo so hopefully I can get it down like I normally do.
Looks like you’ll now be looking for Siberian Ice!!! LOL

patatty

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Be aware that it has been driven by the GM (so I was told), so it will have some miles on it. I went to see it 3 or 4 weeks ago and it wasn't on the lot. After looking for it (it is not a large location), I was told it wasn't there. 10 minutes after I left, I got an email saying that they had found it. I didn't feel like going back, as it was approaching Boston rush hour and I just wanted to get out of there.

DK_11

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Be aware that it has been driven by the GM (so I was told), so it will have some miles on it. I went to see it 3 or 4 weeks ago and it wasn't on the lot. After looking for it (it is not a large location), I was told it wasn't there. 10 minutes after I left, I got an email saying that they had found it. I didn't feel like going back, as it was approaching Boston rush hour and I just wanted to get out of there.
Thank you for the info! Maybe that’d get me a nice discount lol but I’m not too concerned with that as long as I’m able to find the exact one I want.

mdb801

Registered Member
Arizona
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've seen you folks be a huge help to some other folks looking for a particular car, so...

I'm on the hunt for a RWD 3.3T in Adriatic Blue, Sport, with gray stitching. I'd also consider the Prestige (black interior). My second choice is close to DK_11's preference: RWD 3.3T Santiago Silver, Prestige or Sport with gray stitching. I can find similar combos in AWD, but I'm in Arizona. There's no snow and no rain. That extra $2k just isn't worth it to me.

I've been on Cars.com, CarGurus, and have entered every zip code with a nearby dealership into the Genesis New Inventory search. If you guys come across what I want, I'd appreciate the heads up! I don't mind shipping the car if I can find what I want.

patatty

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thank you for the info! Maybe that’d get me a nice discount lol but I’m not too concerned with that as long as I’m able to find the exact one I want.
And this is the car. Looks like ~1900 miles. I have no affiliation with the reviewer.