G70 Lease Comparisons and Discussion (USA)

Thread starter #284

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That must have changed then since the 10/100k warranty was always just for the original owner.
I should state that for the subsequent owner...the warranty changes to 5 years/60k miles. That excludes immediate family...who retain the original warranty.

mdb801

Registered Member
Arizona
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I should state that for the subsequent owner...the warranty changes to 5 years/60k miles. That excludes immediate family...who retain the original warranty.
From Warranty manual: “Original Owner is defined as the first retail purchaser of the vehicle who took delivery of the vehicle on its date of first use. If the vehicle was first placed in service as a lease vehicle, and the lessee purchases the vehicle at the end of the lease, the 10 year/100,000 mile Powertrain Limited Warranty remains in effect.”

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
From Warranty manual: “Original Owner is defined as the first retail purchaser of the vehicle who took delivery of the vehicle on its date of first use. If the vehicle was first placed in service as a lease vehicle, and the lessee purchases the vehicle at the end of the lease, the 10 year/100,000 mile Powertrain Limited Warranty remains in effect.”
Excellent, that answers the question. I assume with an early lease buyout they would get it also then.

Thread starter #288

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah...that’s what I meant by immediate family...including thy self.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
That leads to an interesting question. If a person purchases the car at the end of a lease do they get the 10/100k warranty? What about someone who leases to get the lease cash and then pays the lease off in a month or so, do they get the 10/100k warranty? Technically in other cases they are the second owner since Genesis Finance owned the car during the lease. Anyone know for sure?
Yes they get the 10/100 warranty. Technically they are not the second owner, they are the first owner. They have always been the “owner”. Genesis was just the lien holder. I did it, and absolutely no issues.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Technically they are not the second owner, they are the first owner. They have always been the “owner”. Genesis was just the lien holder. I did it, and absolutely no issues.
Actually technically Genesis Financial is the owner and they are leasing it for use to you.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.