G70 LED vs Stock Turn & Reverse Lights

anish88

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Any updates on where else we could get these now that they are out of stock?

At least ones that don't cause errors or hyperflash?

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Any updates on where else we could get these now that they are out of stock?

At least ones that don't cause errors or hyperflash?
I ordered some other ones, waiting for them to show up. This is the one I ordered, seems like it is the same as the last one. I can't bring myself to pay 50$ for 5$ LEDs from China.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I ordered some other ones, waiting for them to show up. This is the one I ordered, seems like it is the same as the last one. I can't bring myself to pay 50$ for 5$ LEDs from China.
FWIW, any LED with a built in resistor will work on the turn signals. It doesn't even necessarily need to have CANbus integration.

For example, here is another type that is a little cheaper off Amazon....

Amazon.com: SiriusLED 1156 Anti Hyper Flash Built-in load resistor True 25W Amber Extremely Bright LED Bulb for Turn Signal Only 1156A 7506 Pack of 2: Automotive

In fact, there are others that are less expensive on both amazon.com and ebay.com that will work just fine. Some of us just opted for the Lasfit bulbs because they have a lot of extra features that add protection (all of which actually aren't required, but are just nice to have).

FornicatorSteve

Hasn't posted much yet...
Central Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I think I'll be doing this once I get my G70. The main thing I'd miss compared to the G80 is the rear light design, and the lack of LED turn signal and reverse lights.

This solves the issue that can actually be solved.

I really like the look of the sequential, same with some I've seen that do it to the DRL but it seems most of that stuff is done in shops in Korea. Looking forward to stuff like that coming to the States.

Absintheuphoria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think I'll be doing this once I get my G70. The main thing I'd miss compared to the G80 is the rear light design, and the lack of LED turn signal and reverse lights.

This solves the issue that can actually be solved.

I really like the look of the sequential, same with some I've seen that do it to the DRL but it seems most of that stuff is done in shops in Korea. Looking forward to stuff like that coming to the States.
Thank you! Someone else that agrees Genesis should've stuck to their staggered LEd rear light design (and not the fake single bulb they're using for Elantra and Sonata)

Absintheuphoria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for the tutorial! I just did mine 5 minutes ago and they were probably one of the easiest lights to swap.

I now no longer feel embarrassed to use my turn signals. But then, I wasn't embarrassed until I saw this thread...

anish88

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for the tutorial! I just did mine 5 minutes ago and they were probably one of the easiest lights to swap.

I now no longer feel embarrassed to use my turn signals. But then, I wasn't embarrassed until I saw this thread...
You purchased the AliExpress bulbs right?

anish88

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has anybody ordered from AliExpress and had issues. I understand Calig70 and
Absintheuphoria's concerns but I randomly ordered them because they were cheap and they just arrived.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has anybody ordered from AliExpress and had issues. I understand Calig70 and
Absintheuphoria's concerns but I randomly ordered them because they were cheap and they just arrived.
I did order them, unfortunately I received the wrong ones, disappointingly I only found out after I removed the taillight, I got a full refund in a couple hours so no harm. I may order them again soon. I do have a decent bit of experience with AliExpress/EBay LEDs and they can't destroy your car the worst they can do is go out.