• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G70 LED vs Stock Turn & Reverse Lights

GenericUsername

Registered Member
Toronto, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just received LED turn signals (Amazon.com: SiriusLED 1156 Anti Hyper Flash Built-in load resistor True 25W Amber Extremely Bright LED Bulb for Turn Signal Only 1156A 7506 Pack of 2: Automotive) and reverse lights (SiriusLED Backup Reverse Light Canbus error free LED Bulb Size 921 Super Bright 3030 SMD Xenon White 6000k Pack of 2, Bulbs - Amazon Canada). I originally wanted the LASFIT ones, but they don't deliver to Canada, and while I prefer the colour of the LASFIT compared to the Sirius, I prefer the lower brightness of the Sirius. I'll be installing these Thursday night or Friday and will keep you guys updated.

I was going to buy from Ali Express, but I wanted to get it done sooner. To those dismissing Ali Express, you sound extremely ignorant. It's not some sketchy scam site. I have a lot of experience buying from Ali Express, and most of the time, you'll find the exact same products that people have rebranded and put up for 10X the price on Amazon. The only issue is slow shipping, but otherwise, you can find some incredible deals on Ali Express, and worst case scenario, they are quick to refund.

One issue that I don't see many people address is the fact that LASFIT seems to be the only reputable turn signal LED without front emitters/reflectors, which is ideal, since you can see the bulb in the G70 if you go down far enough, and I'd rather not have that hotspot where the bulb is, but rather the long reflector area be more visible. While the Sirius does have front emitters, it is less bright, it has the proper circuitry to prevent hyper flash/errors, and I guess no one is going to go down on their knees to look at the turn signal area while it's flashing to see the bulb.

I really wish Genesis just included LED turn signals. I don't understand why they opted to make those Halogen while everything else, including the license plate bulbs are LED. No excuses, especially since Kia has LED tail light turn signals in the Stinger.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I put the AliExpress bulbs in. I know some of you think I'll be taking a big risk.

So I don't like that they aren't Amber enough and I agree with others that they are definitely really bright.

Here is a video of the bulbsAliExpress bulbs video
Looks okay to me but can't ever tell on just a video. How does the color compare to the rest of the amber on the car? I have always had a hard time finding cheap LEDs that are a similar amber to a halogen bulb.

anish88

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks okay to me but can't ever tell on just a video. How does the color compare to the rest of the amber on the car? I have always had a hard time finding cheap LEDs that are a similar amber to a halogen bulb.
definitely no as amber, look nice but debating on returning to the original bulbs just because of that

Absintheuphoria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
To those dismissing Ali Express, you sound extremely ignorant. It's not some sketchy scam site. I have a lot of experience buying from Ali Express, and most of the time, you'll find the exact same products that people have rebranded and put up for 10X the price on Amazon.
A lot of the crap on Amazon has been infiltrated by Chinese knocks offs as well with hundreds of fake reviews for their products. Never said AliExpress was the only crapshoot available

Crap aside, why would I want to wait longer to find out I wasted time and money?

Absintheuphoria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I did have a slight error today when I remote started my car and I think it sat there flashing for 8 or 9 minutes before I got in and engaged it. Few seconds in I get a warning on my dash saying to "Check my rear turn signals".

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If I'm correct every other Genesis model (even a couple years before the transition) all had LED rears... even the premium Sonatas and Azeras use LEDs. So WTF Genesis?
^according to a Genesis rep, this was just a miss between engineering and production. LED bulbs had been spec'd, but when the car went into production somehow regular bulbs had been reinstated as the component even though this had been deleted.

not sure why this was not corrected for 2020, but i suspect it will be for the mid cycle refresh.

GenericUsername

Registered Member
Toronto, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^according to a Genesis rep, this was just a miss between engineering and production. LED bulbs had been spec'd, but when the car went into production somehow regular bulbs had been reinstated as the component even though this had been deleted.

not sure why this was not corrected for 2020, but i suspect it will be for the mid cycle refresh.
I'm sorry, but I would bet money that this answer is BS. Most cars with LED turn signals don't simply have a halogen based reflector that they change the bulb for. Aside from the distorted optics caused by that switch, Genesis tends to do custom turn signals with multiple diodes (as does nearly every other manufacturer). Look at their other models, and even KIA models, like the Stinger for proof. I'm pretty sure when they refresh the G70, if they don't change the tail lights entirely, that entire signal reflector area will become a turn signal strip with multiple diodes.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I did have a slight error today when I remote started my car and I think it sat there flashing for 8 or 9 minutes before I got in and engaged it. Few seconds in I get a warning on my dash saying to "Check my rear turn signals".
Huh. Which bulbs did you end up getting? Did the error go away?

So far no errors on my LED replacements. I sat at stop lights for 6 minutes with my blinker on for the longest time thus far. Usually when I do remote start it's only sitting for 2-3 minutes before I get in.

Lasfit states their bulbs can still overheat if used for around 10 minutes nonstop, but will reset themselves after a short amount of time.

I'd be worried about using other LEDs that don't have a heatsink. If they overheat they may be totally fried. But, even still, it's not a big deal as I don't think it would hurt anything on the car.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Huh. Which bulbs did you end up getting? Did the error go away?

So far no errors on my LED replacements. I sat at stop lights for 6 minutes with my blinker on for the longest time thus far. Usually when I do remote start it's only sitting for 2-3 minutes before I get in.

Lasfit states their bulbs can still overheat if used for around 10 minutes nonstop, but will reset themselves after a short amount of time.

I'd be worried about using other LEDs that don't have a heatsink. If they overheat they may be totally fried. But, even still, it's not a big deal as I don't think it would hurt anything on the car.
I believe he has the AliExpress ones. It would make sense it took 8-9 minutes to over heat because they have a heatsink but I believe it is smaller than the ones on the LasFit LEDs

GenericUsername

Registered Member
Toronto, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just received LED turn signals (Amazon.com: SiriusLED 1156 Anti Hyper Flash Built-in load resistor True 25W Amber Extremely Bright LED Bulb for Turn Signal Only 1156A 7506 Pack of 2: Automotive) and reverse lights (SiriusLED Backup Reverse Light Canbus error free LED Bulb Size 921 Super Bright 3030 SMD Xenon White 6000k Pack of 2, Bulbs - Amazon Canada). I originally wanted the LASFIT ones, but they don't deliver to Canada, and while I prefer the colour of the LASFIT compared to the Sirius, I prefer the lower brightness of the Sirius. I'll be installing these Thursday night or Friday and will keep you guys updated.
Just finished installing and testing. The brightness is perfect; they're brighter than OEM but not too bright at all. The colour is a little bit off, but it's also not too bad. My biggest issue with these bulbs is the fact that they have front emitters, vs. the LASFIT ones which don't. This adds a bit of a "hotspot" in the turn signal reflector area vs. a uniform brightness. It's not that noticeable though, and I think I'd take these ones anyways because the LASFIT ones are just too bright. As promised:

For anyone considering doing this, just know that some of the nuts are tricky to get to, and when reinstalling the tail lights, it's hard to know when to stop tightening :/

Since it's hard to capture these on camera, here's what the OEM bulbs looked like for reference:

Last edited:

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm sorry, but I would bet money that this answer is BS. Most cars with LED turn signals don't simply have a halogen based reflector that they change the bulb for. Aside from the distorted optics caused by that switch, Genesis tends to do custom turn signals with multiple diodes (as does nearly every other manufacturer). Look at their other models, and even KIA models, like the Stinger for proof. I'm pretty sure when they refresh the G70, if they don't change the tail lights entirely, that entire signal reflector area will become a turn signal strip with multiple diodes.
^ perhaps, dunno. the source is a member on this forum who is a Genesis exec and has been accurate about everything else they've shared on here and in person. not sure why they've blow smoke over an item like this, but you never know.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My guess is that they left out LEDs so they could have upgrades for the next or future updates. Many manufacturers do the same thing.

Gene70

Registered Member
Saudi Arabia - the huge desert in asia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
just ordered this for reverse and this for signals
will update with result

question : will my car be out of warranty in case the dealer found out i replaced the light bulbs , in other words can they twist it against me in case of electric problems in the car and say that its caused by me using after market product ?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^Those look really nice! Will be interested to see how they turn out.

And to answer your other question, I don't think so. But at the same time, I can imagine jerk dealers saying something stupid like that. Just don't tell them you replaced the bulbs and they can't use it against you.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums