G70 US Availability?

donnykidd

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Having lived in Connecticut as a kid in the winter of 1995/1996, I totally agree with you there. I remember before my parents had a house in Southington, we rented somewhere where there was a huge hill. My dad couldn't get up the hill in his old Lincoln Continental Mark VII hahaha. That was a crazy winter. I remember just building snow forts and having no school for what seemed like weeks. It was a record breaking summer too with temperature highs.

Out by me in the Chicago suburbs, RWD+snow doesn't scare me. I managed just fine in my lowered GTI with winter tires. But mountains/hills or living in the boonies where they don't plow roads often? Different story.
I grew up in Southington.

g60_corrado_91

Registered Member
IL
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I grew up in Southington.
Ha! I only lived there for 14 months so I don’t remember too much being that I was only 7. We lived walking distance from a huge park/public pool that was an extension of the elementary school but I don’t remember what street. I do remember seeing a clean Acura Legend in our neighborhood. Why I remember that, I have no idea 😂

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Did a search on Cars.com and it looks like there are now 6 dealers in 3 states that have the 2019s. This is assuming that Jim Ellis and Genesis of Atlanta are the same inventory.

Georgia
Ed Voyles Hyundai- Smyrna
Jim Ellis/Genesis of Atlanta
Five Star Hyundai - Warner Robins

New Jersey
Burns Genesis - Marlton
Global Auto Mall - North Plainfield

Virginia
Alexandria Genesis

danygenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Anyone have details on special ordering? Is it possible, how long would it take to get the car?
We don't even have a web configurator to know how to configure the car we want. Looking the way Genesis have been handling the G70 introduction in USA I would recommend you to take a seat, relax, take a beer and check again in a month or two to see if special ordering is still possible.

CollinR4

Registered Member
We don't even have a web configurator to know how to configure the car we want. Looking the way Genesis have been handling the G70 introduction in USA I would recommend you to take a seat, relax, take a beer and check again in a month or two to see if special ordering is still possible.
Slow G70 news day apparently, agreed though, the fact that the configurator still isn't available is disheartening. Also, once the first dealership received their G70s I would have thought several other dealerships would receive inventory and have stock posted on cars.com shortly after, very surprised that hasn't occurred now that it's been a week or so, then again...

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Also, once the first dealership received their G70s I would have thought several other dealerships would receive inventory and have stock posted on cars.com shortly after, very surprised that hasn't occurred now that it's been a week or so, then again...
? There are about 60 cars posted on cars.com from 6 different dealers.

Lee55

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Been doing that for 5 months...since Genesis first announced 'late spring/early summer' delivery.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Slow G70 news day apparently, agreed though, the fact that the configurator still isn't available is disheartening. Also, once the first dealership received their G70s I would have thought several other dealerships would receive inventory and have stock posted on cars.com shortly after, very surprised that hasn't occurred now that it's been a week or so, then again...
Remember...there are a few hold ups...

1. Dealers have to come to an agreement with Genesis USA. Separate building, etc, etc.
2. Dealers need to register with DMV of their respective State. Not sure what's involved with that.
3. Each dealer needs a Franchising License within their respective State to sell.

So...unless dealers have all that done...they cannot sell. They may have cars allocated...but they won't get them. So in my case...the 2 Richmond, VA dealers don't even have their franchising licenses. WTF they were waiting for...who knows? That is pure stupidity and negligence by the dealer owner.

So...you may have one dealer selling them right now. Another dealer 10 miles away that fubar'd their paperwork...and might not sell for months.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Remember...there are a few hold ups...

1. Dealers have to come to an agreement with Genesis USA. Separate building, etc, etc.
2. Dealers need to register with DMV of their respective State. Not sure what's involved with that.
3. Each dealer needs a Franchising License within their respective State to sell.
And before any of that happens in a state, Genesis must get a manufactures license/be approved to franchise. It appears that is the stage that most states are in.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Isn't that point #3 ? Franchinse License. The websites that we were hitting to search, etc.
No, that is a dealer license. Ie. individual businesses being licensed to sell cars. The franchising license for Genesis is a separate process that needs to be completed in each state for Genesis to be recognized as a vehicle manufacturer in order to be able to franchise dealers in that state. Maybe it is just your wording but I took #3 to mean individual dealers which would make sense given your numbers.

Beefer

Richmond, VA
No, that is a dealer license. Ie. individual businesses being licensed to sell cars. The franchising license for Genesis is a separate process that needs to be completed in each state for Genesis to be recognized as a vehicle manufacturer in order to be able to franchise dealers in that state. Maybe it is just your wording but I took #3 to mean individual dealers which would make sense given your numbers.
No you are right. My #3 was the individual dealer doing their paperwork with the State. So need a step in there for what you are saying...totally forgot about that.

I think what you are referring to is this. Go to the link that you gave me below and search for Genesis. You will see the one dealer in Alexandria...but the other one is Genesis Motor America LLC with the CA address. I guess each State needs one Lic for Genesis USA...then individual Lic's for each dealer.
Virginia Motor Vehicle Dealer Board - www.mvdb.virginia.gov

Anyhoo...I think we all get the jist of it. PITA to say the least. The dealers that are have cars now...their GM's were knowledgeable and on the ball...as they all should be.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
No you are right. My #3 was the individual dealer doing their paperwork with the State. So need a step in there for what you are saying...totally forgot about that.

I think what you are referring to is this. Go to the link that you gave me below and search for Genesis. You will see the one dealer in Alexandria...but the other one is Genesis Motor America LLC with the CA address. I guess each State needs one Lic for Genesis USA...then individual Lic's for each dealer.
Virginia Motor Vehicle Dealer Board - www.mvdb.virginia.gov

Anyhoo...I think we all get the jist of it. PITA to say the least. The dealers that are have cars now...their GM's were knowledgeable and on the ball...as they all should be.
You got it. If you remember the other day someone from PA posted that Genesis screwed up their paperwork and the state hasn't approved them yet. That means that nothing on you original list can happen yet for PA. Once Genesis resubmits their application and gets approved then the steps on your list can occur.

As far as I can tell from the postings, some searching etc., Genesis has only been approved as a manufacture/franchiser in 4 states - Georgia, New Jersey, Nevada and Virginia. There has been some talk of Florida but have not found anything to verify that.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You got it. If you remember the other day someone from PA posted that Genesis screwed up their paperwork and the state hasn't approved them yet. That means that nothing on you original list can happen yet for PA. Once Genesis resubmits their application and gets approved then the steps on your list can occur.

As far as I can tell from the postings, some searching etc., Genesis has only been approved as a manufacture/franchiser in 4 states - Georgia, New Jersey, Nevada and Virginia. There has been some talk of Florida but have not found anything to verify that.
Yeah, this process is ridiculous. Who knew we'd be waiting on this for months. If there were more awareness of the vehicle, these few dealerships could clean up on people willing to drive a Iittle bit to get a car. However, since no one really knows about it, they can't even do that. Oh well.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
However, since no one really knows about it, they can't even do that. Oh well.
I'm not sure if that is the case or not. They are sponsoring MNF and have some advertisements out. I think people know about it but whether they are interested in it is another thing. Those that really are come here or look for information on it elsewhere. There may be some who are just lukewarm, hit the Genesis site and see coming soon and stop there.

Not saying they shouldn't have more info on the site in regards to the 2019 models as well as the dealer situation/availability. It is a new car and a fairly new brand, takes awhile to generate interest.

Beefer

Richmond, VA

What about Nevada? I remember several weeks back...the PR guy told me GA and NV were one of the first.

Opps...I am blind...Nevada is right there. I need to stop looking at this monitor.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.