G70 US Availability?

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
From the other article: "And on both engines, the G70 also comes with a mechanical LSD and launch control." Indicating that both engines get LSD and launch control.
It is certainly possible that the author misquoted or misunderstood the press release.
It is possible that LSD is only available on some trim levels of the 2.0T RWD. So what?

It's not likely to be a completely stand-alone option, although not impossible.

However, I do believe they just reported the news release as provided by Genesis Motors. Here is the news release on the Genesis Motors America website:
Genesis Newsroom

Last edited:

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I'm not trying to belabor the point but isn't there only one RWD trim? The 2.0T sport?
I don't know. I think that people are going to have to wait until the official announcement of trim levels and prices to find out.

FrostPunk

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Quote from article: "The G70s combination of mechanical LSD with available all-wheel drive (AWD) is unique and provides sharper handling performance than competitive vehicles in the segment."
Whoops, must have missed it

canucklehead604

Hasn't posted much yet...
In Canada, the 2.0T Sport (which means RWD and 6MT) does NOT come with launch control, nor dual exhaust or vented seats or Navi and a few other niceties. But it does come with LSD, sport exhaust (which is exclusive to the 2.0T Sport), and all the other meaningful mechanical performance upgrades of the Sport trim - aside from the adaptive suspension of the 3.3T Sport. It is the lightest and most “performance oriented” packaging available.

It also has the quilted Nappa and updated sound system and HUD interface. I would be surprised if the US market drops the LSD in the 2.0T Sport since Genesis has be trumpeting the whole “LSD” aspect very clearly as a separator to the competition, but as for the other trim pieces it will be interesting to see what the tweaks are for the Yankees...

canucklehead604

I am curious to see how the US market trim compares to this for the 2.0T Sport 6MT RWD:

Key Features
  • 2.0L turbocharged inline 4-cylinder engine
  • Rear-Wheel Drive (RWD)
  • 6-speed manual gearbox with leather-wrapped shift knob
  • Sport Appearance Package*
  • Limited Slip Differential (LSD)
  • Brembo® braking system
  • LED headlights
  • Head-Up Display (HUD)
  • Driver's Integrated Memory System (IMS)
  • Power-folding, auto-dimming, heated side mirrors with Genesis logo puddle lamps
  • Rain-sensing wipers
  • Rear parking assistance sensors
  • 15-speaker Lexicon surround sound audio system
  • *Sport Appearance Package includes:
  • Sport 19" aluminum alloy wheels with 225/40R19 (F) + P255/35R19 (R) Michelin Pilot Sport PS4 high-performance summer tires
  • Dark chrome exterior accents and lower front bumper insert
  • Dark-finish taillight lenses
  • Black headlight housings with copper accents
  • Sport-type quilted Nappa leather seating
  • Red or grey interior contrast stitching
  • 16-way power-adjustable driver's seat, including thigh extension and side bolsters
  • Black suede headliner
  • Alloy pedals
  • 2.0T Sport only: Sport exhaust syste

ACCHRM

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I've been lurking on the Canadian website, and I'm hoping to pick up a 2.0 Elite RWD, or if available in any way a 2.0 Sport if it comes in Auto. I need something that my wife can also drive when needed, she's been begging me to teach her manual in my Camaro, but she's one of those asian drivers, that's not actually asian lol

Toddasaurus

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I taught my wife to drive a manual with a 2014 WRX. It was painful, drawn-out, and she got incredibly mad at me several times, to the point where she stopped talking to me on at least one occasion.

Now, about 4 years later, somehow it came up (teaching her to drive a manual) and she said she had overreacted.. Haha - I didn't see that one coming! Anyway, we are looking for a new car for her as well right now and she told me she would never go back to an automatic.

Worth it....................................?

:confused:

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been lurking on the Canadian website, and I'm hoping to pick up a 2.0 Elite RWD, or if available in any way a 2.0 Sport if it comes in Auto. I need something that my wife can also drive when needed, she's been begging me to teach her manual in my Camaro, but she's one of those asian drivers, that's not actually asian lol
The 2.0 Sport is the only RWD model and it is also the only one with a manual transmission.

g70manual

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The 2.0 Sport is the only RWD model and it is also the only one with a manual transmission.
Thank you. This is what I was referencing when I talked about the US press release saying LSD is optional on the 2.0T. I am assuming that the US will follow the same model and only have one MT RWD car. I would be surprised if they change and have multiple variations (AT/RWD, MT/AWD, etc) and I'm hoping that the LSD is standard on the 2.0T sport. Hopefully the three remaining press releases will clarify everything.

ACCHRM

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thank you. This is what I was referencing when I talked about the US press release saying LSD is optional on the 2.0T. I am assuming that the US will follow the same model and only have one MT RWD car. I would be surprised if they change and have multiple variations (AT/RWD, MT/AWD, etc) and I'm hoping that the LSD is standard on the 2.0T sport. Hopefully the three remaining press releases will clarify everything.
I read somewhere that US will get standard RWD models and optional AWD (kinda like how the Stinger is right now). I hope AWD is not standard like in Canada, why would I pay for something that is not needed (especially in Southern California where I'm at) and get 1-2 mpg lower mileage.

tymless

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.