G70 US Availability?

dero501

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
$685/month? That’s a crazy high interest rate (or the residual is terrible). I agree, $550/month, little or nothing down is more reasonable. 2019s are up soon, which will probably have even worse leases. I could be pleasantly surprised though.

The same could be said of the G70, since G80 leases don’t look so great to me right now and I doubt Genesis is going to discount their new halo car much if at all.
It's actually a little of both - the money factor is TERRIBLE because of all the lease cash they offer (they give and then take away), and the residual value is even worse (49% on a GT2 with 15k miles). Lease cash was actually just raised from $6,500 to $7,900 and the money factor went up even MORE to make up for that jump.

Hopefully they lease well, but I truthfully can't see that happening.

Last edited:

50jae

Hasn't posted much yet...
$685/month? That’s a crazy high interest rate (or the residual is terrible). I agree, $550/month, little or nothing down is more reasonable. 2019s are up soon, which will probably have even worse leases. I could be pleasantly surprised though.

The same could be said of the G70, since G80 leases don’t look so great to me right now and I doubt Genesis is going to discount their new halo car much if at all.
The MF kills the lease deals, it's been stuck around the 0.00229 range. It appears that for july there is a 7900 lease cash incentive gor the GT2 which may lower the cost, up from the high 6k range in June. I am going to take the wait and see approach until EOY but atm I am leaning towards the G70 3.3T advanced right now. The 2018 stingers will be much cheaper though by EOY though.

Edit: same info provided in the post above

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

~$50k for a G70 Sport with HTRAC......wow.
Expensive but when you look at BMW and how much costs “extra” even the “base” 3.3T is listed with a ton of features. I am a very happy Elantra owner and I don’t feel I am experiencing a “deprived” experience. When I think of going from 148hp to 365 hp plus all the comfort I am excited.

randian

Registered Member
The MF kills the lease deals, it's been stuck around the 0.00229 range. It appears that for july there is a 7900 lease cash incentive for the GT2 which may lower the cost, up from the high 6k range in June.
They probably increased the MF even more to compensate. That MF you quoted is 5.5% annual. Considering they are or were offering 0.9% on a purchase that's nuts. Is KIA going for bad credit customers with their leases? Unusual, but that's what it looks like. I hope Genesis isn't copying their sister company's financing strategy.

By way of comparison, this website just served me an ad for a 2018 Maserati Ghibli lease at $579/month, $100/month less than the Stinger.

Last edited:

50jae

They probably increased the MF even more to compensate. That MF you quoted is 5.5% annual. Considering they are or were offering 0.9% on a purchase that's nuts. Is KIA going for bad credit customers with their leases? Unusual, but that's what it looks like. I hope Genesis isn't copying their sister company's financing strategy.

By way of comparison, this website just served me an ad for a 2018 Maserati Ghibli lease at $579/month, $100/month less than the Stinger.
The MF has been around the same for at least 3 months. They only change the RV or lease cash for some reason. Either way they lease like crap. We are just hoping genesis doesn't follow kia's leasing strategy

randian

Registered Member
The MF has been around the same for at least 3 months. They only change the RV or lease cash for some reason. Either way they lease like crap. We are just hoping genesis doesn't follow kia's leasing strategy
Does Kia disincentivize leases across its whole lineup or just the Stinger? Maybe KIA really doesn't want to lease cars, only sell them on conventional financing. As you say, pray Genesis doesn't do the same.

I've had plumbers give me ridiculous bids for a job. I thought it was their way of saying "I don't want your job", though why they bothered with the effort to submit a grossly inflated bid, rather than say "not interested" and walk away, was beyond me.

Electrode

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Your A4 has ~2 cu ft more space. If this spec holds true it would be just a tick above the smallest in the class (the ATS is 10.4). The 3 series, C class, Q50 et al are all 2-3 cu ft larger.

But the layout of the trunk can also make a difference. Load opening, overall shape (i.e. is it "usable" for normal size objects), etc.
From the photo, it looks like the trunk isn't that tiny an area, but shallow depth. The reduced depth could account for the very low total space specification. I may be able to get my gear in there, but will have to try it in person.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I don't underestand why Kia is leasing with such a crap MF. They had to increase the lease cash to $7000 to compensate. RV of the Stinger is really bad too. Let's hope that the G70 RV will be better.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Regarding the trunk of the G70 - it is small and noticeably smaller than a 3 series. But it does fit a set of golf clubs (I actually drove the loaner to my house to try before buying as I was skeptical) without an issue and I had two sets in once, but that is a really tight fit due to height constraints.

Regarding the Highway Driving Assist - I noticed before buying my G70, that no where on the Genesis Canada website or in the G70 brochure does it mention active steering. Both only mention "lane keeping assist". The default setting in the car is the LKA, but you can change it to active steering and it does do the lane centering. On freeways and highways, I find I can get anywhere from 15 seconds to over a minute without touching the steering wheel. It isn't quite as good as auto pilot in a Tesla, but it works really well and was a huge bonus to the car as I wasn't looking for it originally but it has turned out to be very useful.

StuW

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
With the G70 announced at the NY autoshow and it looks like cars are starting to be delivered in Canada....when you you think the US will see the official launch? I stopped at a dealer last week, and they were clueless about the G70.
Genesis appears to yet again be changing their mind on how they are developing their network. They have stopped importing G80s and G90s a few months ago. See this article:
Genesis Sales Drop, But the Company States That's Part of a Larger Plan [News] - The Fast Lane Car
Stu

Electrode

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Genesis appears to yet again be changing their mind on how they are developing their network. They have stopped importing G80s and G90s a few months ago. See this article:
Genesis Sales Drop, But the Company States That's Part of a Larger Plan [News] - The Fast Lane Car
Stu
OHHHH... Now it's becoming clear why the dealers I encountered were less than enthusiastic about the G70. From what I read in the article, they won't be allowed to sell them unless it's a new standalone dealer. Interesting.

randian

Registered Member
If they can only sell cars through a finished Genesis showroom, and there aren't any yet, how are they supposed to sell cars? One in the whole country completed by August? No wonder they aren't announcing G70 pricing yet.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
If they can only sell cars through a finished Genesis showroom, and there aren't any yet, how are they supposed to sell cars? One in the whole country completed by August? No wonder they aren't announcing G70 pricing yet.
I don't think it has to be finished, just agreed to in a certain time period.

AnyVare

Thread starter #540
Stu
Well that explains why most of the dealers near me that sold Genesis have nearly no inventory or only white cars left. Most of them I've visited don't plan on selling Genesis in the future due to this mess. Hopefully, I can find a dealer close by, but the way it is sounding it is clearly going to be Sept/Oct before I see one of these mythical G70s. At least the car will include all the features that were missing from the Stinger and it might just be worth the wait! Wonder if the press reviews will all be positive when the 16th gets here?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.