• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Genesis Connected Services

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So how I know I'm getting older is that technology is making less and less sense to me.

For those with Android phones, is there a way to clear the Genesis icon from your notification bar? It's always on there, if the app is opened or closed, if there are notifications or if there aren't any.

I realize I can set a global command to minimize, but then I wouldn't get any notifications at all when I actually need to receive them.
Click and hold on the notice. After a second it should give you and option to not show notifications.

jaymatt

Registered Member
New Jersey
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Click and hold on the notice. After a second it should give you and option to not show notifications.
And/Or you could also place the widget on one of your homescreens. The widget gives you the ability to do a few things without having the main app running (and occupying real estate on your notifications screen).

Attachments

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Regularly it takes 35 secs for my car to start at home after entering the PIN on the App on any normal day but on Sunday mornings it takes only 5 secs. There should be some relationship between starting time and cell lines congestion.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
New apple iphone app update for Genesis intelligent assistant. Face ID enabled and Stay Logged In after updates. Bug fixes and performance improvements, according to them. No reviews yet on Apple app site for new version. User comments are encouraged here since the online community has given it a cumulative rating of 2 out of 5.
The web page on my computer appears the same though small differences would not be noticed by me.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Same thing for Android
Now fully supports Face ID and Touch ID!
o Face ID support added for login
o Face ID and Touch ID support for PIN
o Just follow the prompts after logging in or go to Menu and tap on Settings to configure
- Stay logged in between version updates. No longer will the app ask you to log in again after an update if you have ‘Keep me logged in’ enabled.
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Since I have my car, it has taken around 30-35 secs for the car to start after the Remote start command is sent when parked at my house. What a surprise today, it took only 5 secs, I couldn't believe it and sent a stop command and worked in 5 secs too! Should my cell signal at my house changed or the Genesis Connected app got better?

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Since I have my car, it has taken around 30-35 secs for the car to start after the Remote start command is sent when parked at my house. What a surprise today, it took only 5 secs, I couldn't believe it and sent a stop command and worked in 5 secs too! Should my cell signal at my house changed or the Genesis Connected app got better?
Probably cell signal

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Supposedly my dealer has my connected services all in order on their end. I have had my G70 two weeks. I have the App installed on iPhone with log in creditials all set so I can see my car ok. At least I think so? Problem is if try to use remote lock, start or headlight flash, in about 30 seconds I get an error message and an email that says my request cannot be processed at this time. Try again later basically. Not sure if this issue is me, my dealer honked up something, or Genesis connected services is just MIA?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Supposedly my dealer has my connected services all in order on their end. I have had my G70 two weeks. I have the App installed on iPhone with log in creditials all set so I can see my car ok. At least I think so? Problem is if try to use remote lock, start or headlight flash, in about 30 seconds I get an error message and an email that says my request cannot be processed at this time. Try again later basically. Not sure if this issue is me, my dealer honked up something, or Genesis connected services is just MIA?
There must be something wrong. It should be working since day one. Have you tried from the webpage?

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had issues with the app the first couple days, but it seemed to iron itself out afterwards. Like said above, it could be any and/or all of the above

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have a Genesis owners account and tried just now from my iPad. No joy still. Guess I will have to get with my dealer to see what is up? I see all the commands, both from the web site and my iphone app but it’s like the car is not being communicated with. Is there a vehicle set up required via the Nav screen or anything to make connections that I have to do?

Update. Called connection services and they had me depress that small indented button next to the on button for the radio. Some form of a master reset for the info system. That worked. But, the service rep said I need to lock the vehicle with the key fob to ensure the communication protocol is active. I always use the button on the door handle. Never take the fob out of my pocket normally. Rep also said if you don’t use the services every 4 days the communication protocol shuts back off. I guess I’ll figure that out based on usage. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Last edited:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’ll lock my car tomorrow at work via the outside handle button and at quitting time remote start and see what happens?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums