Genesis G70 Lexicon Sound System

g_741966

Can anyone please tell me the difference (Best with a picture) between the 12 speakers lexicon sound system and the 15 speakers lexicon sound system, both on the genesis G70

In my country you only get the 15 Speaker lexicon system on the highest trim, and I wanna know what I am missing out

Where are the additional 3 speakers positioned?

ikonn

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Some background on the system:

Genesis - Lexicon

Lexicon's Hyundai Genesis Audio System Reviewed - Electronic House

My settings are:

Bass +5
Mid +1
Treble +5

Speed Dependent Volume = On
Quantum Logic = On Stage (I think)
Clari-Fi = On

Normal listening volume = 3-4
Loud listening volume = 7-8

To me this system (radio content) is better than my B&O (which is very good) and my Bose. Also better than ELS. I haven’t actually tried to optimize the sound much and have not tried all of the different QLS surround options (I assume at least 1 setting emulates 7.1 surround?). I also have not tried digital music yet so I do not know how much difference Clari-Fi makes.

What are your settings?

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Question. In prior cars...the radio volume would go way down when the navigation voice kicks in. Not here. If radio is up...you can’t hear the navigation unless that is turned up.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Driving me bonkers.

My Audi would decrease audio when in reverse as well...allowing you to concentrate a bit more and to hear the parking sensors...also annoying.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Question. In prior cars...the radio volume would go way down when the navigation voice kicks in. Not here. If radio is up...you can’t hear the navigation unless that is turned up.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Driving me bonkers.

My Audi would decrease audio when in reverse as well...allowing you to concentrate a bit more and to hear the parking sensors...also annoying.
In my 2016 Genesis there is a setting where you can give priority to the Nav voice over the radio or vice versa.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Likewise for the G90. Are you sure there is no nav priority setting in the menu. For me it is in the map screen, press →[Navi Volume].
• [NaviVolume]:AdjuststheNaviVolume.
• [Mute]:ChecktheboxtomuteNaviVolume.
• [Navigation Priority]: Navigation Guidance volume is louder
There is...and already set like that. I’m just used to my Audi where the music would essentially mute. In the G70...I can hardly tell the radio volume goes down.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
How about making the nav volume a little louder? What do you have it set at?
Yes, this is it. When I have Bluetooth audio or Spotify via Android Auto on and I back up it makes the music barely audible. There is def a way to get this to work.

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It's funny how sound can vary so much from person to person.

I was deciding between the advanced and elite trim and heard 4 or 5 songs in an Elite trim and 4 or 5 songs in an Advanced trim at a dealership near me before concluding that while the Lexicon system was slightly better, the regular 6 speaker system was excellent as well and just not worth the 5 grand that it costs IMHO.

To each their own, but I went with the advanced AWD trim and payed 36K for it. This is hands down the best value for price in a vehicle on the planet.

Slowerthanslow

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has anybody found the G70 sound system to be a bit too "punchy" on the mids and uppers ?

I am finding that when I get the volume to moderate levels that I'd typically enjoy, the sound is harsh. I have even turned down the mids to -6 and the treble to -7 and still find it is not as relaxing an experience as I'd like. It may be that the speakers need to be broken in a little bit longer.

I do not have the Clarity setting or any other Lexicon enhancements enabled.

I'd be curious to know if anybody else has had this experience and how you have configured your system.
I'm kinda glad to find that somebody had the same issue I am having.

I've had my G70 for a week -- love the car overall -- and the sound system is extremely harsh in the high end.

A sharp staccato attack -- a trumpet entrance in jazz, or the strings entering at the beginning of Beethoven's 5th, say -- produces a very unpleasant sound that I think is somewhat distorted. (I say "I think" because I can't quite put my finger on what's so unpleasant about it, but one way or another it doesn't sound good.) At lower volumes, or in music without sharp, high end attacks (like most solo piano music, for instance), I think the system sounds pretty good.

Last night I was fiddling with the settings and I also tried setting the treble very low. I had it down to the minimum -- -10 -- but it didn't solve the problem.

I'm also coming from a Burmester system (in a GLC300) which I also thought was superb.

I saw your later note in the thread that your system improved over time to the point where it was acceptable. Hope that happens for me also.

Last edited:

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I'm kinda glad to find that somebody had the same issue I am having.

I've had my G70 for a week -- love the car overall -- and the sound system is extremely harsh in the high end.

A sharp staccato attack -- a trumpet entrance in jazz, or the strings entering at the beginning of Beethoven's 5th, say -- produces a very unpleasant sound that I think is somewhat distorted. (I say "I think" because I can't quite put my finger on what's so unpleasant about it, but one way or another it doesn't sound good.) At lower volumes, or in music without sharp, high end attacks (like most solo piano music, for instance), I think the system sounds pretty good.

Last night I was fiddling with the settings and I also tried setting the treble very low. I had it down to the minimum -- -10 -- but it didn't solve the problem.

I'm also coming from a Burmester system (in a GLC300) which I also thought was superb.

I saw your later note in the thread that your system improved over time to the point where it was acceptable. Hope that happens for me also.
Did you also try messing with the post-processing settings, like the concert hall thing or the ClariFi system?

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I find the Lexicon system is pretty good all things considered. The one thing I really wished it had was separate bass and subwoofer sliders in the audio controls. I am coming from a car that had dual 12 inch subwoofers, so in order to get the bass to hit the way I'm used to I need to really crank up the bass slider. Unfortunately this leads to a bit of a muddy sound overall.

SuperCyclone20

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I find the Lexicon system is pretty good all things considered. The one thing I really wished it had was separate bass and subwoofer sliders in the audio controls. I am coming from a car that had dual 12 inch subwoofers, so in order to get the bass to hit the way I'm used to I need to really crank up the bass slider. Unfortunately this leads to a bit of a muddy sound overall.
That would be nice. Can you at least ‘feel’ the subs with the bass turned up a bit?

trdehmer

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Question.

When I start my car up...the screen always defaults to the split map/radio preset screen.

Is there a way for it to start up on the music menu? I use that 95% of the time...and want all my presets in full view. If I want a map...I’ll hit the Map button.

Thanks

Good question, I was wondering the same thing. Is there a solution?