Genesis G90 Owners Roll Call!

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Got my 2018 genesis ultimate 5.0 RWD ,white with beige interior, on Oct. 18 as it rolled off the carrier.
live in Arizona so had to be white or silver, with light interior as wife burns legs in shorts summer time.

Pulone

Getting familiar with the group...
Hi guys/gals,

I replaced my 2012 Genesis with a 3.3, 2018 Serengeti brown G90, October 3, 2017. Held out for 2018 only because CD player was a deal breaker. Love the car. Got it at South Bay Hyundai....Excellent transaction....(ask for “Sheek”) paid $70K, out the door (taxes, title & extended warranty) California
LOVE the car. 4500 miles already....hence the extended warranty. Drove from L A to Eugene & back.....what a great drive.
The vision between A pillar & rear view mirrors better than 2012 Genesis, but could be a little better. I removed 3.3T & Genesis lettering on back....looks cleaner.
Easy to do....soaked them with WD 40 for 2 days & they peeled right off....would post pic, but I don’t see option to post pics?
Driver or passenger could operate GPS in 2012, but the G90 has to be in Park 😡 (damn lawyers...present company, excluded)
Any way to bypass this setting?
Once price is factored in, I don’t see how anyone would go with BMW, MBZ or Audi, except if labels are too important.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Hi guys/gals,

I replaced my 2012 Genesis with a 3.3, 2018 Serengeti brown G90, October 3, 2017. Held out for 2018 only because CD player was a deal breaker. Love the car. Got it at South Bay Hyundai....Excellent transaction....(ask for “Sheek”) paid $70K, out the door (taxes, title & extended warranty) California
LOVE the car. 4500 miles already....hence the extended warranty. Drove from L A to Eugene & back.....what a great drive.
The vision between A pillar & rear view mirrors better than 2012 Genesis, but could be a little better. I removed 3.3T & Genesis lettering on back....looks cleaner.
Easy to do....soaked them with WD 40 for 2 days & they peeled right off....would post pic, but I don’t see option to post pics?
Driver or passenger could operate GPS in 2012, but the G90 has to be in Park 😡 (damn lawyers...present company, excluded)
Any way to bypass this setting?
Once price is factored in, I don’t see how anyone would go with BMW, MBZ or Audi, except if labels are too important.
No sure what you mean by “ operate the GPS” but if you mean add a destination, the.use the Bluelink button on the mirror. Just say where you want to go. It uses Google search and I think you will find that it works great.

Pulone

I got my 2018 Serengeti Brown 3.3tt in Oct 2017. It replaced my 2012 Silver V6 Genesis, which had 111,000 miles

Love the G90; wish I had better visibility between A pillar & outside mirrors.

I removed the G90 & 3.3tt lettering on back.....looks cleaner and more mysterious.....
to remove lettering: saturate for 2 days with WD 40, peels right off....

I'd post pics, but no clue how to attach to postings?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I removed the G90 & 3.3tt lettering on back.....looks cleaner and more mysterious.....
to remove lettering: saturate for 2 days with WD 40, peels right off....
In our younger days that was the first thing we did when you bought a car. Labels and hood ornament were gone, holes filled.
To post a photo you have to go to the "go advanced" when replying and find the icon that asks you to select the file.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
In our younger days that was the first thing we did when you bought a car. Labels and hood ornament were gone, holes filled.
To post a photo you have to go to the "go advanced" when replying and find the icon that asks you to select the file.
But don’t both posting pics unless you are on a desktop. This site’s software is so old mobile devices hadn’t even been invented

Rick in Yuma

Supporting Member
Arizona
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I purchased a New 2018 G90 (San Simeon/Black) from Larry Miller Genesis in Phoenix on Monday, Oct 9th, 2018... 8500 miles on the car and two oil changes, so far no problems.

karasdad

Hasn't posted much yet...
Seattle, WA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
IMG_1696.jpg IMG_1700.jpg

OK, just got my 2017 Caspian Black G90 HTrac w Nappa black interior

been driving 3 Lexus LS for last two decades and 2 RX's, needed something with more active safety and semi autonomous driving technology. Had it about four days, each day I learn something new about this car that makes me smile.

L8RSK8R

San Diego
Drove a customer to the airport a few days ago, he requested the G90.
Picked him up the same day/evening and dropped him off at the Genesis dealership.
He drove himself home in a new G90.

DrJay

Greensboro, NC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I replaced my Lexus LS460 with my 2017 Genesis G90 3.3 on 1-27-18, and I have to say that I like the Genesis much better than I did the Lexus.

WWB_ca

G90 Signature AWD 3.3 L TT - Santiago Silver - Burnaby, BC (Metro Vancouver)
Great after 1 Yr - now 16,000 km (Feb 2017-Feb 2018)
First Car that I owned from brand new and didn't have to go back to the dealership for any adjustments or faults!!! :pride:
(I did go back to the wonderful OpenRoad Richmond Genesis Dealership to visit and have a coffee with the 'guys' - get a car wash and tell them how pleased I was with the car.)
First time in the Shop was for the included First Scheduled Service at 10,000 km

Previous car was Hyundai Equus - also a great car - see my review at:
> An Awesome Equustrian Trip – How the West Was Run

G90 is great to drive in winter conditions - AWD combined with Bridgestone Blizzaks is a great combination in snow and ice on the hills and mountain roads in BC.

Previous Cars:
2011 Equus Signature 4.2 V8
2002 Lexus LS 430

Attachments

Franco59

Houston
G90 Signature AWD 3.3 L TT - Santiago Silver - Burnaby, BC (Metro Vancouver)
Great after 1 Yr - now 16,000 km (Feb 2017-Feb 2018)
First Car that I owned from brand new and didn't have to go back to the dealership for any adjustments or faults!!! :pride:
(I did go back to the wonderful OpenRoad Richmond Genesis Dealership to visit and have a coffee with the 'guys' - get a car wash and tell them how pleased I was with the car.)
First time in the Shop was for the included First Scheduled Service at 10,000 km

Previous car was Hyundai Equus - also a great car - see my review at:
> An Awesome Equustrian Trip – How the West Was Run

G90 is great to drive in winter conditions - AWD combined with Bridgestone Blizzaks is a great combination in snow and ice on the hills and mountain roads in BC.

Previous Cars:
2011 Equus Signature 4.2 V8
2002 Lexus LS 430
Just spent last 20 mins looking at the pics from your SW US road trip. I have taken the route that you took on your trip several times and it is just epic in scenery!
Great to hear the 1yr report on your G90! Cant wait to take mine out to western US someday!

lou1119

California
picked up my G90 5.0 ultimate about 3 weeks ago. I came off of a Mercedes S550; in fact this makes the first time that I have not owned a Mercedes in 50 years. I got tired of the little problems and high prices for parts. Last good MB that I owned was a 1991 560 SEL but I kept coming back for more. So far I love the Genesis; every thing about it is tremendous!!
The reviews are a little tainted in my estimation. This car was never intended to be a sports sedan but sure fills the bill as a luxury cruiser.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.