Genesis Lighting

shagnat

Registered Member
Grab a small flat-head screwdriver and the lens for the courtesy light pops off. Then just pull the wedge bulb in and install the new bulb.

I just don't understand what I'm reading......... How do you "pull in" one bulb then install the other..... either that should be "pull out" the old bulb?

If not I'm really a stoopid arse.

What I'd give for a video.

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota
I just don't understand what I'm reading......... How do you "pull in" one bulb then install the other..... either that should be "pull out" the old bulb?

If not I'm really a stoopid arse.

What I'd give for a video.

I guess I made a typo...I didn't catch it before. Anyway, I meant to say pull "out" instead of "in". The bulbs used in this application are the 168 bulbs which are have a "wedge" base. They are help in by tension from the metal bracket in the door panel. Pull hard:D

BenJr06

Hasn't posted much yet...
Thanks for the threads. Helped me a lot.

Genesisplanet1963

Hasn't posted much yet...
Southeast US
Has anyone done LED fog light replacement on an '11 (round reflectors) The original halogen bulbs look really brown when compared to the HID headlights

samzam

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I have a 2009 Genesis 3.8. I wanted to change the map lamps. It doesn't look like the lens is made to pop out, like the lens on newer models. And, I saw in a service manual that the whole fixture can come out by removing two screws inside the eyeglass holder. Is that how the map bulbs are accessed in the 2009?
If so, my other issue is that the bluetooth equipment is installed in the space of the eyeglass holder, and so the eyeglass holder door does not swing open to access the two screws when pressing the eyeglass holder release tab. Anyone else have this same configuration?
How do you access the map lamps?

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums