• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Genesis Loaners...This looks bad

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

aweetod

Registered Member
Delaware
Went to Bel Air genesis in Baltimore and similarly they wanted to use a blend. I brought my own oil just in case this would happen and I used that instead

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Went to Bel Air genesis in Baltimore and similarly they wanted to use a blend. I brought my own oil just in case this would happen and I used that instead
Bel Air Genesis in Bel Air MD? Dont even get .e started. I have a string of posts about them. Did they offer you a loaner? They're the ones who flat out laughed at me when I asked "what about the free loaners and valet service?"
Funny though, I was talking to one of their shuttle drivers on the way home from dropping my RAM off at their RAM dealership and he told me that they had some rigorous training about the valet service and how to treat Genesis customers. He said only a select couple of the drivers were trained and certified as the valet drivers for Genesis vehicles. Yet, the dealership was baffled and dismayed when I asked.

I live 5 minutes from that dealership but I now change my own oil after some other, more concerning issues with them and Towson I documented elsewhere on this forum.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
According to the fine print in the manual it is allowed. Most though are using a blend though. this seems to be taking the cheap route. With a turbo I'd want at least a blend though any full synthetic would be good. As for the A5, I've not found what is actually different or better that other oils. Extended drain intervals seems to be a big factor.
I did find this:
A5/B5 Stable, stay-in-grade oil intended for use at extended drain intervals in high performance gasoline engines and car & light van diesel engines designed to be capable of using low friction low viscosity oils with a High temperature / High shear rate (HTHS) viscosity of 2.9 to 3.5 mPa.s

From the manual:
If the ACEA A5 engine oil is not available in your country, you are able to use API SM & ILSAC GF-4 (or above) or API SL & ILSAC GF-3.
This is the concern I have from my research: "low friction low viscosity oils with a High temperature / High shear rate (HTHS) viscosity of 2.9 to 3.5 mPa.s"

With a high heat, twin turbo engine, that shear rate is important especially when using 5W 30.
I changed my own oil to Penzoil Ultra Platinum full synthetic. The dealership said the Valvoline is fine, just need to change the oil every 3k miles. What is this, 1980? Lol no thanks, I'll pay the extra and use proper oil in my modern, advanced, high performance luxury sport sedan.

aweetod

Registered Member
Delaware
Bel Air Genesis in Bel Air MD? Dont even get .e started. I have a string of posts about them. Did they offer you a loaner? They're the ones who flat out laughed at me when I asked "what about the free loaners and valet service?"
Funny though, I was talking to one of their shuttle drivers on the way home from dropping my RAM off at their RAM dealership and he told me that they had some rigorous training about the valet service and how to treat Genesis customers. He said only a select couple of the drivers were trained and certified as the valet drivers for Genesis vehicles. Yet, the dealership was baffled and dismayed when I asked.

I live 5 minutes from that dealership but I now change my own oil after some other, more concerning issues with them and Towson I documented elsewhere on this forum.
Yes that dealership. No I usually wait at the dealership anyways. I'm from Delaware, my closest dealership didn't even have appointments available for oil change... And for some reason Towson was charging me 87 dollars for the service online so I didn't even bother. The dealership treated me as expect nothing great nothing bad. I had tire locks on my vehicle and they said they rotated my tires and I thought they lied, but they actually did rotate them. They actually looked in my glove compartment for the wheel lock I assume. I had my locks on all wheels in a specific orientation which was all changed.

Scrappy

Registered Member
Springfield, Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just had my first valet service for my g70 and wow was it a mess. When I called they told me they wouldn’t have a loaners vehicle ready for me in weeks. So I told them to just pick up the car without leaving a loaner so they did that. They came exactly at the time they said(10am) but for returning my car was a headache. They did not have enough people to come drop the car off and bring that driver back to the dealership. So they said they’ll drop it off tomorrow morning at 8:30am but this time they were not on time they were a hour late but luckily I did not have to work that day. Now my car is here but the driver does not have a ride back yet so he sat in my car for about an hour. Next time I think I’ll just bring it in myself.

ninjastar687

Registered Member
New Jersey, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My experience has been good so far considering I take my car to a Mazda/Hyundai service center (my wife has a CX-5). The owner of a Mazda dealer also owns a Hyundai dealer and a couple of others in my area. There is no space for a service area at the Hyundai dealer so Hyundai cars are serviced at the Mazda dealer service area.

First time, I called to schedule an appointment to drop off my car and reserved a loaner. The day of my service appointment I was immediately given an intake form to sign and led to the service counter where they pulled my record up (provided ID, insurance, and CC) and said that they would pull the loaner in a couple of minutes. They gave me a 2019 G70, black on black Dynamic 2.0T with less than 100 miles on it.

My second time was just this past Monday, same set up but they tried for me to experience the valet service and drop off the loaner and pick up my car but I said no. I dropped off my car and they gave me a 2020 G70, Savile Silver/ Grey Prestige 2.0T with only 53 miles on it... I forgot to take a picture of it but I got one from our video surveillance footage of me pulling into our parking lot. :grinlaugh:

They don't have a Genesis standalone dealer but they go above and beyond to please their customers. I lucked out considering all the grim stories I have been reading about... Riverdale_CAM 5_main_20200106085448_@1.jpg

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My experience has been good so far considering I take my car to a Mazda/Hyundai service center (my wife has a CX-5). The owner of a Mazda dealer also owns a Hyundai dealer and a couple of others in my area. There is no space for a service area at the Hyundai dealer so Hyundai cars are serviced at the Mazda dealer service area.

First time, I called to schedule an appointment to drop off my car and reserved a loaner. The day of my service appointment I was immediately given an intake form to sign and led to the service counter where they pulled my record up (provided ID, insurance, and CC) and said that they would pull the loaner in a couple of minutes. They gave me a 2019 G70, black on black Dynamic 2.0T with less than 100 miles on it.

My second time was just this past Monday, same set up but they tried for me to experience the valet service and drop off the loaner and pick up my car but I said no. I dropped off my car and they gave me a 2020 G70, Savile Silver/ Grey Prestige 2.0T with only 53 miles on it... I forgot to take a picture of it but I got one from our video surveillance footage of me pulling into our parking lot. :grinlaugh:

They don't have a Genesis standalone dealer but they go above and beyond to please their customers. I lucked out considering all the grim stories I have been reading about... View attachment 26235
Woah, that's a really good for the car. Really makes the wheel gap disappear

Scrappy

Registered Member
Springfield, Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just had my first valet service for my g70 and wow was it a mess. When I called they told me they wouldn’t have a loaners vehicle ready for me in weeks. So I told them to just pick up the car without leaving a loaner so they did that. They came exactly at the time they said(10am) but for returning my car was a headache. They did not have enough people to come drop the car off and bring that driver back to the dealership. So they said they’ll drop it off tomorrow morning at 8:30am but this time they were not on time they were a hour late but luckily I did not have to work that day. Now my car is here but the driver does not have a ride back yet so he sat in my car for about an hour. Next time I think I’ll just bring it in myself.
Genesis of Springfield Virginia*

je2345

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Brought my recently purchased 2016 Genesis 3.8 AWD in for the flutter along with a few cosmetic issues I asked about to a Genesis dealer and when I set the appt I asked for a loaner while they looked at it and she put me on hold for 30 seconds and came back and said “we have a genesis for you!” Loaned me 2020 G80 for 4 days but ended up returning same day as the dealer wanted to charge me for Alignment and Balance. I denied paying for an alignment as it was suppose to receive that when I bought it as I brought the flutter issue up at time of purchase at a different Hyundai dealer. I called the other dealer I bought from and the manager is going to do a free alignment and balance and check the rims as the Genesis dealer said they are bent. I had just purchased the Continental DWS06 2 weeks ago and the ride was a million times better than when I bought it. Car came with some shitty $64 wal-mart tires. In meantime the Genesis dealer ordered a new shifter, steering wheel and new roof panels (think that’s what they are called). Steering wheel thread was coming apart very slightly and the shift knob was peeling as well and the “roof panel” having a “aged wear leather look” aka cracking. All under CPO warranty.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums