Genesis Sedan Aluminum Door Inside Catch Plates Now Available!

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)

Genesis Motors

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
...and the logos on startup screens, on the front floor mats, illuminated in the door sill plates...and of course, on the puddle lights.

I have little worry of ever forgetting the maker of the vehicle I’m driving. ;)
You don't see any of that while you're driving or sitting in the passenger seat. I mean, I suppose you could move your feet and see the logo on the floor mats. But you're not going to see the door sill plates or puddle lights.

Gen127

Getting familiar with the group...
California
You don't see any of that while you're driving or sitting in the passenger seat. I mean, I suppose you could move your feet and see the logo on the floor mats. But you're not going to see the door sill plates or puddle lights.
True, while driving the logos aren't ALL visible but you cant help but SEE the 'Genesis' branding while entering, sitting in, and exiting the vehicle. Point being: there's no real shortage of brand identity on the vehicle.
This isn't to diminish the desire of someone wanting branded aluminum door inside catch plates, I was just pointing out Genesis isnt shy about their use of the brand name. Genesis DID remove the logotype from the puddle lights since 2015. Now just the winged crest appears.

Genesis Motors

Genesis Motors Forum
Staff member
Palm Beach, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Just ordered a set. 👍
Thank you. They just went out of stock this morning and I'm expecting a set in later this week. I'll have your set out to you immediately upon their arrival... Sorry for any inconvenience...

Jamesalanb

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I like the hairline etched ones so far. Also, the instructions should be ignored. Remove the finger pocket backing and apply the plate with a single spacer. Then reinstall the backing. It fits very flush and doesn't have any bendy feeling:
View attachment 18821
That's exactly what the instructions say to do - minus taking the factory backing out...

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type
Last edited:

Jamesalanb

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
It also shows (confusingly) to use double spacers. Only need one spacer and due to the backplate curvature only one spacer will fit in a particular orientation. It's much easier to ensure the backplate is clean when removed, plus ensures best alignment of the aluminum plate. The adhesive is very hard to separate once applied so you only want to do it once.
I see what you’re saying now. My Korean sheet just shows one spacer but double adhesive. The product is super nice so I don’t care how poor the instructions are, lol.

Jamesalanb

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Would anyone like to take a shot at typing up a better set of install instructions?
Peel adhesive backing from 3M double sided tape and apply to spacer.
Peel tape from spacer and apply to the back of aluminum plate, centering between the letters (side to side)
Remove last backing from 3M tape.
Press firmly to plastic backing in hadle cup.
Enjoy.

Attachments

RyanB

Elmhurst, IL
Got mine very quick after ordering and finally installed them the other day. I must admit that the included instructions were a bit confusing but it was easy enough to figure it out without them. Either way they look great and it's worth the cost.

Gen127

California
Got 'em last week & installed them yesterday. Easy-peasy. They look nice.

Now I'll just wait & see if ANYONE who has ridden in the car previously even notices them.

Scamp

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Little touches like these aluminum interior door handle catch plates are what made Lexus famous – and now they're available for your 2015-2016 Genesis Sedan! Same day shipping makes this set a no brainer for anyone who wants what they buy right away. These are aluminum pieces made in South Korea…

Order here: Aluminum Door Inside Catch Plate 4PC For 2016+ Hyundai Genesis Sedan and Genesis G80 - Genesis Owners
Contradiction? So, they will or won't fit in a 2015?