HMAservice.com Completely Useless

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Twas me!!! I heart Google Chrome. IE is such junk compared to Chome lol.

Also, I am going to see if I can bootleg the FSM tonight. If so, I'll host it and share it via a link

If you could get a copy of the FSM that would be great. They are very valuable when trying to rebuild/modify anything on a car. I feel having this available could give people more incentive to try custom modifications. Send me a PM if you get that link up.

Side note Chrome all the way

dg_moore

Been here awhile...
Maryland
Who in the world is using IE anymore?!?! When my company gets a request to build an IE only website, we will turn them away. Same thing should have happened here, that's all I'm saying.

IE is antiquated and really shouldn't even be in production anymore. I know very VERY few people who use it for anything other than downloading chrome or firefox.

That is all :)
The gummint and most gummint contractors use IE pretty much exclusively. I'm a developer for a contractor, and if my stuff doesn't work in IE I'm out of business.

OneFunGenesis

<- Runnin' on Empty
Rochester, NY
Okay guys. Linked in my signature is my dropbox and in that dropbox is a folder with the 2009 Genesis Sedan manual in it.

Quick thing...all of the files are .swf and I cannot convert them on my PC. You must download the entire folder and keep all files in the folder. There is a .exe named "manuals.exe" in the folder. This is what will load the manuals for you. That means MAC users cannot open this...sorry.

When you open the .exe, it will take you to some odd video page. That is okay. Click "Show Menu" at the top. Click on "Genesis-2009", then click what section you would like. When in the sections, there will be a "SHOW TOC" button up top to jump to sections of that manual. Let me know if you have any troubles and I will fix them.

OFG

mikec

Registered Member
SoCal
Last time I looked there was no way to download the entire FSM as one big file. I had to download it chapter by chapter using the links in the left column. Early on, there wasn't even a way to download the chapters as a PDF file. To save them locally I needed a PDF printer driver and used the "print" icon on HMA's website to fabricate my own PDFs.

mike c.

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Thanks OFG. I will try this tonight when I get home from work.

Ruissimo

Registered Member
Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have been using Firefox for at least 4 or 5 years now, and find it much faster (and reliable) than IE.

Having said that, I've been using Chrome for the last couple of months, and I find IT to be better than Firefox in terms of speed. I don't think I'm going back to FF any time soon!

GenesisCaptain

Registered Member
Total side question for the Chrome experts...

I am a FF user and briefly tried Chrome. I have read, but not researched it heavily myself, that Chrome tracks user activity and reports back to Google. I have been reluctant to use Chrome more because of security and tracking concerns related to Google. Is there any basis for this?

OneFunGenesis

<- Runnin' on Empty
Rochester, NY
You happen to be in my wheel house. I work in internet marketing and we discuss this topic to death.

Are there concerns? Sure...kinda. Yes, they know EXACTLY what you searched for, where you clicked, how long you stayed, and where you clicked inside that webpage.

Bad news is....Google does this not matter what browser you are on. If you use Google to find something...it tracks you. Hard.

Good news, Google is no longer providing that search query information to Analytics users IF the searcher was logged into any Google Account (youtube, Gmail, G+, etc.). So in a way, they are protecting your privacy...kinda.

Are you safe to use Chrome with your personal info? Yes. It is worse than using firefox or IE? Not at all.

redrum

Hasn't posted much yet...
181.png

Waki

Registered Member
I too use IE. Don't like Firefox or Chrome. I don't know anyone who doesn't use IE except the poor Apple souls... :D

OneFunGenesis

<- Runnin' on Empty
Rochester, NY
Linked below is my dropbox and in that dropbox is a folder with the 2009 Genesis Sedan manual in it named Hyundai Genesis.

All of the files are .swf and I cannot convert them on my PC. You must download the entire folder and keep all files in the folder. There is a .exe named "manuals.exe" in the folder. This is what will load the manuals for you. That means MAC users cannot open this...sorry.

When you open the .exe, it will take you to some odd video page. That is okay. Click "Show Menu" at the top. Click on "Genesis-2009", then click what section you would like. When in the sections, there will be a "SHOW TOC" button up top to jump to sub-sections of that manual.

The manual (downloaded as a .zip) is about 145MB. It will take a little bit to download.

2009 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Manual

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums