Is there a way to marry a key to your personal settings?

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
That is for the non-2019 G80 and G90.

No 2019 vehicles have been added. So this does no good.
That is for the non-2019 G80 and G90.

No 2019 vehicles have been added. So this does no good.

I wasn't posting the manuals, I was suggesting you contact Genesis through the link in the post.

this is a link to the CONTACT US on the Owners Genesis page, by contacting them and telling them you need access to the manuals for the car you own will alert them to fix the issue.

The G80 Sport came out early 2018 (Jan/Feb?) and the manuals were not added until a dozen members here all contacted them on the same day in July demanding the manuals be posted.

or just go to your owners.genesis.com page and click the contact us at the bottom.

1541690472154.png

Genesis seems to be way behind the 8-ball on owner resources, which is disappointing considering there are no Genesis dealers for support the owners, so one would expect them to get their $h1T together on the only resources we have which is their website.

Attachments

alabaaster

Registered Member
Sterling, Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wasn't posting the manuals, I was suggesting you contact Genesis through the link in the post.

this is a link to the CONTACT US on the Owners Genesis page, by contacting them and telling them you need access to the manuals for the car you own will alert them to fix the issue.

The G80 Sport came out early 2018 (Jan/Feb?) and the manuals were not added until a dozen members here all contacted them on the same day in July demanding the manuals be posted.

or just go to your owners.genesis.com page and click the contact us at the bottom.

View attachment 16405

Genesis seems to be way behind the 8-ball on owner resources, which is disappointing considering there are no Genesis dealers for support the owners, so one would expect them to get their $h1T together on the only resources we have which is their website.
Just left them a note

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
This discussion isn't about whether the car can memorize seat positions. We are talking about marrying the smart keys to position 1 and position 2, so that when you unlock the car, the car automagically adjusts the seats according to which position is on the key. I checked my ENGLISH manual and there is no mention of such a function.
I know and it's already been explained the keys don't have this function. It's not available. Only the buttons on the door control the positions of the steering wheel, seat, and outside mirrors. I posted the photos and the link to show where the buttons for this function reside. What you're attempting or wanting to do is not offered in the Genesis. There is no way to (marry)/link the Key FOB to these functions. Doesn't exist in the G90, G80 or G70. End of story.

Don't believe me ask your dealer service department.

Have a nice day!

alabaaster

Registered Member
Sterling, Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Good luck with that, it's already been explained the keys don't have this function. It's not available. Only the buttons on the door control the positions of the steering wheel, seat, and outside mirrors. I posted the photos and the link to show where the buttons for this function reside. What you're attempting or wanting to do is not offered in the Genesis. Doesn't exist in the G90, G80 or G70. End of story.
Yes, we have clearly established that.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I know and it's already been explained the keys don't have this function. It's not available. Only the buttons on the door control the positions of the steering wheel, seat, and outside mirrors. I posted the photos and the link to show where the buttons for this function reside. What you're attempting or wanting to do is not offered in the Genesis. There is no way to (marry)/link the Key FOB to these functions. Doesn't exist in the G90, G80 or G70. End of story.

Don't believe me ask your dealer service department.

Have a nice day!
Thanks Captain Obvious.

To note...the 2 memory buttons ALSO remember your Custom Drive setting that is saved plus the HUD settings.

So in total of 5...
- outside mirrors
- seat
- steering column
- custom drive mode settings
- HUD settings

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks Captain Obvious.

To note...the 2 memory buttons ALSO remember your Custom Drive setting that is saved plus the HUD settings.

So in total of 5...
- outside mirrors
- seat
- steering column
- custom drive mode settings
- HUD settings

No kidding Beefer! I didn't think it's was necessary to mention all the functions, as most of the owners here are already aware of them. But thanks for reminding everyone.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.