3.3T Jerky auto transmission (hard downshifts while braking)

CVK

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Having the same problem here with my 3.3 HTRAC. Car has 12K miles on it and it seems to be related to a cold transmission for the first 15 minutes or so like everyone else has mentioned. Seems to smooth out after warmup. I live in Utah, hot summers and cold winters, pretty dry climate. Didn't notice it this summer when I bought it but more noticeable now that it has turned cold. It seems to be when it downshift into 2nd or possible 1st and it is annoying since most of my work commute and running around is only about 15 minutes. I compensate by coming to a quicker stop at traffic lights rather than a slow roll stop. Love the car, hate the jerky tranny. Also, seems to be a slight grind and a slight slip when I first put in in D after backing our of the garage. Happens only at slow speeds; don't know if it's related. Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing the jerking on downshifting.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wonder what the cause is or if it can be replicated? I live in a place where we get 90F down to -30F and haven't experienced this (yet) however I always let the car warm up in winter....

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I wonder what the cause is or if it can be replicated? I live in a place where we get 90F down to -30F and haven't experienced this (yet) however I always let the car warm up in winter....
Letting the car warm up isnt quite the same as what we are referring to by saying that it stops when warm. For me, it only stops when the trans is up to temp and this only occurs by driving around. In my opinion, I think this happens to every car to some degree but is more pronounced in others like mine and other posters here. Maybe a manufacturing/design flaw. Genesis has no ideas how to fix, so they dont want to acknowledge it as an issue even if they feel it in a test drive. A 'fix' would probably need to be a trans replacement and Genesis doesnt want to pay that out if they arent even sure it will fix the issue and start happening again.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums