• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Mirror tap for radar detector

Kimkeys99

Azle, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I inserted into slots 6 and 8 in the order you did. My detector does power up but, it doesn't turn off. I'm guessing pin 6 is not switched in vehicle as it is in yours? I'm saying this because the front of my rear view mirror has the button in a slightly different configuration. Would you be able to share where you found that diagram? Perhaps there's a slightly different version for my vehicle? Thanks.
I found it in a Kia Stinger forum. I specially look for the GT model with the 3.3T. I thought it would have the same wiring as my G70 3.3T.

rayc325

Registered Member
The Big Easy
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Great, I'll have order one. I have the Valentine 1 that's kept me out of trouble (mostly)

Flycaster

Registered Member
Boynton Beach, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just got the g70 and need to install my V-1. I would prefer to tap into the fuse box to the left of the steering wheel and run the wires up the A-pillar, then along the headliner so as to place the V-1 on the driver's visor. Would appreciate any tips such as: Which fuse to tap into that will turn the V-1 on/off with the ignition; what's used for the ground; is there enough room in the fuse box to place the V-1's transformer; any tips on running the wire up from the fuse box? BTW, I prefer the visor mount vs the Blendmount because I feel that the V-1 will be less visible from the outside. Thanks.

rayc325

Registered Member
The Big Easy
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Just got the g70 and need to install my V-1. I would prefer to tap into the fuse box to the left of the steering wheel and run the wires up the A-pillar, then along the headliner so as to place the V-1 on the driver's visor. Would appreciate any tips such as: Which fuse to tap into that will turn the V-1 on/off with the ignition; what's used for the ground; is there enough room in the fuse box to place the V-1's transformer; any tips on running the wire up from the fuse box? BTW, I prefer the visor mount vs the Blendmount because I feel that the V-1 will be less visible from the outside. Thanks.
Tap into the rearview mirror wiring. It's pretty simple. I mounted my V1 with the suction cup mount up high on the windshield. It does interfere a bit with closing the visor all the way but works for me.

Flycaster

Registered Member
Boynton Beach, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Tap into the rearview mirror wiring. It's pretty simple. I mounted my V1 with the suction cup mount up high on the windshield. It does interfere a bit with closing the visor all the way but works for me.
Thanks, but I prefer not mounting on windshield as the V-1 is still quite visible from the outside as compared to mounting on the visor.

Flycaster

Registered Member
Boynton Beach, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Aside from not wanting the V-1 to show from the outside, the other thing that holds me back from wiring into the rearview mirror is 1) which wires to tap into, and 2) is there enough room up there to place the V-1 transformer?

rayc325

Registered Member
The Big Easy
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Aside from not wanting the V-1 to show from the outside, the other thing that holds me back from wiring into the rearview mirror is 1) which wires to tap into, and 2) is there enough room up there to place the V-1 transformer?
You really don't need the transformer. I bought the cable from Mirrortap. Plugs directly into V1. There is a thread on the G70 forum that shows the wires to tap. Used the same ones on my G80.

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I tapped my V1 into the fusebox 12v power that goes to the external power supplies in the console. It's a switched source. I also use the suction cups and have it installed right above the left side top of the mirror. Even though I have a tint strip added, you didnt notice it unless you were looking for it beforehand.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums