• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

MN members

EXBMWGUY

Been here awhile...
Well, another blockbuster event was had on August 17th. Initially, I think some of us were concerned about whether or not we'd have enough parking . . . as we planned this major event, we knew that the Metrodome was out of the question due to its demolition. Oh well. It worked out fine. There were plenty of parking spaces left over.

All three of us showed up despite the rain. Good guys, good talk. Beautiful cars. A quick ride. :D

Next year will be a blowout event. :rolleyes:

musher51

Been here awhile...
Minnesota
I plan on moving back to MN in the spring and buying another Genesis, so hopefully I'll be around for next year's gathering. I gotta decide between new and gently-used (a strong bias toward the former). From what I've read, the redesigned '15s are pretty amazing, but the price went up a lot, as well. I'm getting close enough to retirement that I'd be smart not to dump too much $$ into my car...

EXBMWGUY

Been here awhile...
I plan on moving back to MN in the spring and buying another Genesis, so hopefully I'll be around for next year's gathering. I gotta decide between new and gently-used (a strong bias toward the former). From what I've read, the redesigned '15s are pretty amazing, but the price went up a lot, as well. I'm getting close enough to retirement that I'd be smart not to dump too much $$ into my car...

Great. Welcome back in advance.

jstrickphoto

Getting familiar with the group...
MN
I myself was quite disappointed in the new pricing. I am a V8 guy so I was hoping to grab a V8 ultimate edition. The price of a '14 R-Spec was around $47k-$48k. A '15 Ultimate V8 was $56k-$57k. Obviously being a newly redesigned model, there weren't many incentives/rebates when I was ready to pull the trigger.

That said, it got me a smokin' deal on a '14 R-Spec.

I also considered lowering my standards and trying to work out a deal on a '15 3.8 Ultimate. Still well over $50k.

I'm hoping that 3 years from now when I'm ready for my next Genesis, the current late model year Genny's will be discounted and affordable enough.

Been here awhile...
I myself was quite disappointed in the new pricing. I am a V8 guy so I was hoping to grab a V8 ultimate edition. The price of a '14 R-Spec was around $47k-$48k. A '15 Ultimate V8 was $56k-$57k. Obviously being a newly redesigned model, there weren't many incentives/rebates when I was ready to pull the trigger.

That said, it got me a smokin' deal on a '14 R-Spec.

I also considered lowering my standards and trying to work out a deal on a '15 3.8 Ultimate. Still well over $50k.

I'm hoping that 3 years from now when I'm ready for my next Genesis, the current late model year Genny's will be discounted and affordable enough.
Way too expensive! So I switched to a 2015 Ford Explorer Sport. Love it! No regrets!

AAA

Hasn't posted much yet...
Minnesota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
3.8 HTRAC lives in my garage close to Montevideo, MN

ShadowZ

Registered Member
Minnesota
Tire review update:

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

Have 6/32 of tread left after being new 14,000 ago. Traction in slush is non existent. Traction on ice is bad, traction in fresh snow is alright.

Leaving my neighborhood onto a major road there is a stop sign where I need to turn right. There is a slight, and I mean ever so slight, grade leading to the stop sign. If I actually have to stop at the sign and there is some slop, I struggle to make it out of the intersection.

Next winter season I am getting dedicated winter/snow tires, probably Blizzak.

The following summer season I will be looking for a dedicated summer tire, suggestions are welcome!

work-n-show

Long time no see MN Hyundai friends.

Just traded my 2009 3.8L sedan in on a 2013 R-Spec. It's AWESOME!

Looking forward to bringing it to an event, or just grabbing a bite or something.

I live in the NW 'burbs and work in St Louis Park. So I can be pretty flexible.

See you soon!

fincherelli

st cloud
Long time no see MN Hyundai friends.

Just traded my 2009 3.8L sedan in on a 2013 R-Spec. It's AWESOME!

Looking forward to bringing it to an event, or just grabbing a bite or something.

I live in the NW 'burbs and work in St Louis Park. So I can be pretty flexible.

See you soon![/QUOT

hi im Roy im new to the this I have a 2014 2.0t premium looking to get together with some other genny owners. Any idea if there is anything organized for 2015?

RVOLVR

Registered Member
Hi MN peeps! New 4.6 Genesis owner here in Savage. I come from a heavily tuned/modified Volvo S60R and was very active with the MN Volvo club meets, cruises, hang out, etc. We did most of our posts, cruises and set up meets through a facebook page. Do you guys have one? I've been searching but all I see is a MN coupe group. Thx

EXBMWGUY

Been here awhile...
Hi MN peeps! New 4.6 Genesis owner here in Savage. I come from a heavily tuned/modified Volvo S60R and was very active with the MN Volvo club meets, cruises, hang out, etc. We did most of our posts, cruises and set up meets through a facebook page. Do you guys have one? I've been searching but all I see is a MN coupe group. Thx
Hi RVOLVR - I think I've seen your car around Savage in the last few weeks near where I live in Woodhill. I sold my Black 2012 R-Spec this summer and ordered a 2016 Subaru Legacy 3.6R, which is more practical for my needs nowadays. Really miss the pure grunt of the Genesis! If you go back to earlier posts, you'll see some guys who have met a few times in the north burbs. Scott is a 4.6 owner and enthusiast you might want to get to know.

Enjoy your car!

RVOLVR

Registered Member
Hi RVOLVR - I think I've seen your car around Savage in the last few weeks near where I live in Woodhill. I sold my Black 2012 R-Spec this summer and ordered a 2016 Subaru Legacy 3.6R, which is more practical for my needs nowadays. Really miss the pure grunt of the Genesis! If you go back to earlier posts, you'll see some guys who have met a few times in the north burbs. Scott is a 4.6 owner and enthusiast you might want to get to know.

Enjoy your car!
Cool, yeah I'm the silver 2011. I live in Dufferin Park

musher51

Been here awhile...
Minnesota
Hey all -- after four years overseas, I'm moving back to MN in April and have already picked out a black/beige '16 3.8 AWD Ultimate. 2,200 hopefully-gentle miles are being put on it now at my brother-in-law's dealership to allow him to add a demo discount to the family discount. While the final numbers are TBD, I'm sure it will be a good deal -- although a helluva lot more than the original '09 V6 I bought in Aug '08! Hope to see some of you on the road.

MeyerKy32

Shakopee MN here, was wondering how you guys do in the snow? are Nokian Wr G3 a good choice or should i throw on a cheap pair if winter tires? The WR G3s have a winter rating and government snow rating.. they are all seasons though.. new to driving a RWD sedan.. I've had RWD SUV's before.. and this car weighs more so thats why I got it and it drives so nice.

Tim Sly

Wadena, MN
HI from Wadena, MN (central MN). just got my Manhattan Brown 2015 Ultimate 3.8 a few months ago and love it. I have the only Genny in our town. Just this morning when I got out of the car a lady walking by says "What kind of Buick is that? 200, 300? Nice looking car" Haha
BTW, there is a SNOW mode in the driving modes. It is hidden, push and hold the Drive Mode button and it will change to SNOW mode. not sure how it changes the car. anyone know?

MeyerKy32

HI from Wadena, MN (central MN). just got my Manhattan Brown 2015 Ultimate 3.8 a few months ago and love it. I have the only Genny in our town. Just this morning when I got out of the car a lady walking by says "What kind of Buick is that? 200, 300? Nice looking car" Haha
BTW, there is a SNOW mode in the driving modes. It is hidden, push and hold the Drive Mode button and it will change to SNOW mode. not sure how it changes the car. anyone know?
Snow mode changes it to a four wheel drive train I believe. It adjusts the power to the front and back tires. Unless your car is automatically AWD I don't know how the 2015's work. I have only driven the 2017 G80 sport, and my 2010 3.8 RWD genny I own. I love it, I hope you enjoy it. Snow Mode though works amazing, loved having the G80 for a month and a half last winter when they were working on mine. Sweeet ride by the way, love that color!

Tim Sly

Wadena, MN
Snow mode changes it to a four wheel drive train I believe. It adjusts the power to the front and back tires. Unless your car is automatically AWD I don't know how the 2015's work. I have only driven the 2017 G80 sport, and my 2010 3.8 RWD genny I own. I love it, I hope you enjoy it. Snow Mode though works amazing, loved having the G80 for a month and a half last winter when they were working on mine. Sweeet ride by the way, love that color!
The 2015 3.8 is AWD 60% to the back and 40% to front. I’ll have to find out if Snow mode balances it out.