New Map v13.0 update available

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My car came with v12.
I think this is the earliest Map version that came with the G70. My car was manufactured on May/2018 and came with V12.5. Could you please tell me your car's manufacturing date?

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
I think this is the earliest Map version that came with the G70. My car was manufactured on May/2018 and came with V12.5. Could you please tell me your car's manufacturing date?
Build date 12/18/2018
I think I know what’s going on here now. When I installed my map on my G70 and checked the version from the system screen it read 12.41. I had the same results when installing on my Santa Fe. I thought this to be an error so I contacted them on the phone and they told me that is map version 13 which reads that way on the system screen. So apparently the actual number on that system screen is not 13. So, when I read 11.5 on the original system screen it didn’t mean it was actually “Version 11.5”. Don’t know what that version really means now.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Build date 12/18/2018
I think I know what’s going on here now. When I installed my map on my G70 and checked the version from the system screen it read 12.41. I had the same results when installing on my Santa Fe. I thought this to be an error so I contacted them on the phone and they told me that is map version 13 which reads that way on the system screen. So apparently the actual number on that system screen is not 13. So, when I read 11.5 on the original system screen it didn’t mean it was actually “Version 11.5”. Don’t know what that version really means now.
NA.11.47.44.XX is Version 12.5
NA.12.41.51.XX is Version 13

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks
So it looks like it must have actually been version 12.5.
Does anybody remember the NAV option to restore from USB the address list?
On version 12.5.
I'm on Map V13. The option you are looking for is in Setup/ Advance Settings.

TO Genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
NA.11.47.44.XX is Version 12.5
NA.12.41.51.XX is Version 13
I have NAM.11.41.51.XX which appears to be a hybrid of the two versions above. I emailed experience@genesis.ca last week requesting a map update. They said the next update will be available at the end of this week and that they will send me an update as soon as it is available. We'll see.

RoyG70

Registered Member
Manassas, Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I successfully updated mine yesterday. Did the free download from the MapNSoft website and installed to the SD card in my car. Hopefully it helps the poor directions and lack of addressed I was getting on the previous version. At first I was a little thrown as to how to get that damn SD card out. That little cover plate on the dash would not budge at all, and I didn't know if you were supposed to slide it up/down, pry it out, or if the card slide through the slot. LOL. I eventually got it to pry out a little from the bottom, but then it felt like I was going to break it if I kept forcing it. It finally popped off to reveal the SD card in there. Hopefully this helps anyone who hasn't attempted this yet.