Nice package from Genesis today!

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've told dealers that I wouldn't buy from them if they put a dealer sticker on my car. Some of the ones around here are atrociously large. Giant foil crowns, other that look like a giant souvenir magnet.
Haven't seen that much in California, but I saw a lot of that in Arizona/Texas. I don't understand how a dealer could think "Hey, its definitely okay to put a permanent (for most laymen) emblem on your car for free advertisement"

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Genesis license plate frame
Funny I bought the Genesis license plate frame from the dealer when I went back the next year for my state inspection they said I failed because I had a Genesis license plate frame on. LOL! They said we did you a favor and took it off so you could pass. Then I had to go home and put it back on again.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Funny I bought the Genesis license plate frame from the dealer when I went back the next year for my state inspection they said I failed because I had a Genesis license plate frame on. LOL! They said we did you a favor and took it off so you could pass. Then I had to go home and put it back on again.
Does it cover the name of the state or anything? States can be very fussy on things like that. Or the plastic covered ones that have aged and discolored.

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
It does cover the state name at the bottom so I do get hit by this all the time. Many places tell you but let it go. I just found it a little ironic that the dealer sold me the frame and then failed the inspection, the service advisors was actually laughing and felt bad.

Absintheuphoria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If anyone cares I'm very pleased with my Weathertech covered license frames. Not cheap and flimsy like something you'd find at a parts store, however keep in mind some folks have issues with them due to varied state plate sizes (moisture getting past the seals)

ericnolan661

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They should send everyone big gift cards to local car washes next ;)
I would never take a new car to a drive through. Currently I'm driving a 2016 Shelby GT350 and it has never seen the inside of a car wash. It's been my experience that drive through car washes can give a spiderweb finish to paint. A car as nice as a G70 deserves hand washes... IMHO (which is pretty useless).

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I got my present from Genesis today. As a Design Edition owner, I got the same AwayTravel carry on luggage with built-in phone charger ($225 value) and the Design Edition key cover, Away Travel laundry bag/shoe bag, and travel adapters. Very thoughtful gifts from Genesis on top of what was a very pleasant buying and ownership experience. Not sure how I could enjoy my G70 any more than I already do, but the gifts are appreciated.

I do agree with all of you... if Genesis would sell polo shirts or T-shirts with the models on them (G70, G80, G90), baseball cap, etc. I’d most certainly buy some.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I got my present from Genesis today. As a Design Edition owner, I got the same AwayTravel carry on luggage with built-in phone charger ($225 value) and the Design Edition key cover, Away Travel laundry bag/shoe bag, and travel adapters. Very thoughtful gifts from Genesis on top of what was a very pleasant buying and ownership experience. Not sure how I could enjoy my G70 any more than I already do, but the gifts are appreciated.

I do agree with all of you... if Genesis would sell polo shirts or T-shirts with the models on them (G70, G80, G90), baseball cap, etc. I’d most certainly buy some.
How long Have you owned your G70?

ninac

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Do most people who buy a genesis get a care package or is it only for specific trims and models like the Design or Dynamic?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Do most people who buy a genesis get a care package or is it only for specific trims and models like the Design or Dynamic?
Seems like everyone. Takes a couple of months. Got them with my Sonata too.