NickB2005's g70!

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Congrats! It looks great. And yeah, $380 over 3 years isn't a big deal so I wouldn't stress if it was worth it or not.

How is the ride quality and noise level compared to your Sonata? How's the 2.0T engine?

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Congrats! It looks great. And yeah, $380 over 3 years isn't a big deal so I wouldn't stress if it was worth it or not.

How is the ride quality and noise level compared to your Sonata? How's the 2.0T engine?
So I pick it up Monday, but I've driven it 3 times and honestly it's amazing. Quality of the ride seems a little better and noise is the same which I never had an issue with. I don't need the 3.3 v6 so this engine is more than enough for me coming from a non turbo sonata. One big difference I noticed right away was how comfortable the seats were and how they hugged you. I could sit in those things for days and be comfy.

ACCHRM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You got a 366/mo payment on a semi-loaded 2.0 AWD? Did you put $ down? Seems like a great deal, the sticker on that car should be in the low 40s if I'm not wrong.

tuckerdog1

Been here awhile...
TEXAS
All the discussion about dings & scratches aside, congratulations & welcome. Nice looking car. I really like your color choice. I suspect you will really enjoy it. I was asked the other day, by a stranger in a parking lot, if I like ours. Told him if I totaled it, I'd buy another.

Tuckerdog1

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You picked the best color.

Now as to not needing the 3.3T...
I know, I know. Honestly my dealer only had 1 3.3T. I was dead set on either the gray or silver only two colors I'd go with.

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You got a 366/mo payment on a semi-loaded 2.0 AWD? Did you put $ down? Seems like a great deal, the sticker on that car should be in the low 40s if I'm not wrong.
Ya, I mean I traded in my 2015 sonata towards it that I owned outright. That was my biggest hangup I had no car payment do I want to give that to? I had to put $7500 down to get that price, but still get a check back for $5100 and I can cover lease payments fora little over a year with that. I'll miss my sonata because honestly it was amazing but this will be better. Took a bit to convince my wife, but being a millennial I don't get tied to things I can switch and swap quite often.

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So, another interesting feature that I didn't know about till I read about it after the fact. I was driving my 7 month old to daycare this morning (its about 8 mins away) and I was going down a big hill with some turns and all of a sudden my steering wheel starts turning on it's own and maintaining the lines. Apparently, lane keep assist when going over 38 MPH and clearly marked roads it will basically assist and drive for you...kind of a cool feature but was a bit scary when it was happening...thought I was going into a tree for a second.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So, another interesting feature that I didn't know about till I read about it after the fact. I was driving my 7 month old to daycare this morning (its about 8 mins away) and I was going down a big hill with some turns and all of a sudden my steering wheel starts turning on it's own and maintaining the lines. Apparently, lane keep assist when going over 38 MPH and clearly marked roads it will basically assist and drive for you...kind of a cool feature but was a bit scary when it was happening...thought I was going into a tree for a second.
So you did not know the car has lane-assist? Or you did...but didn't think it would kick in at that speed?

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So you did not know the car has lane-assist? Or you did...but didn't think it would kick in at that speed?
I knew it had lane assist but with my sonata all that did was alert me with a beep when I went out of the lines. I didn't know that it helped drive the car for you.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I knew it had lane assist but with my sonata all that did was alert me with a beep when I went out of the lines. I didn't know that it helped drive the car for you.
Dear lord...I guess you didn't read up on the features !!! This car has tons of autonomous driving features !!!!

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There are a couple of settings for it too. One is more aggressive than the other.
Also it doesn't necessarily need lines. Hard shoulders, curbs and high contrast on the right lane is enough most times.

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There are a couple of settings for it too. One is more aggressive than the other.
Also it doesn't necessarily need lines. Hard shoulders, curbs and high contrast on the right lane is enough most times.
Thanks, I have been trying to go through the settings today in my free time. Honestly, I really love that feature....I almost bought a Tesla Model 3 when those were announced, but decided against it....I am very into the techy type of stuff for sure.

Gee Bee

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I did find the lane keep assist troubling when driving in the rain. My initial reaction is to question whether it is beginning to hydroplane. Solved the problem by dropping to the lowest level (no active steering, just steering wheel vibration when you cross the line).

It would be great if you could have different custom configurations set up to match setting to driving conditions.

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am sure this is somewhere but I can't find it. If I want to start the car and auto be in sport mode is there anyway to do this? It always starts me in comfort. Next, when I stop at a light the engine always turns off and I hit the A button near the shift but I have to do it every time I start the car. Is there a way to always leave that set to off I find it pretty annoying.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am sure this is somewhere but I can't find it. If I want to start the car and auto be in sport mode is there anyway to do this? It always starts me in comfort. Next, when I stop at a light the engine always turns off and I hit the A button near the shift but I have to do it every time I start the car. Is there a way to always leave that set to off I find it pretty annoying.
Eco starts back to Eco but all others default to Comfort. I wish Smart would restart to Smart.
Anyway I think it starts back to Comfort because it is the only mode that can decouple the front and go full 100% to the rear for fuel savings under ideal conditions!
No way to permanently disable Auto Engine Start Stop.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.