NickB2005's g70!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I am sure this is somewhere but I can't find it. If I want to start the car and auto be in sport mode is there anyway to do this? It always starts me in comfort. Next, when I stop at a light the engine always turns off and I hit the A button near the shift but I have to do it every time I start the car. Is there a way to always leave that set to off I find it pretty annoying.
No, EPA requirements do not allow it. It has to start in the mode tested for certification or one that gets better mileage, like ECO mode.

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I hope we can all 100% agree that Genesis has stunning exterior colors at NO EXTRA cost!!!

WTF...Audi has a simple black and white at zero cost. Any other color is ~$600 extra...retarded.
Yeah this really drove me nuts as I was doing my shopping. I get there can be a paint cost escalation but give me more than black and white at least. Like 5, make that the minimum. Black, White, Blue, Red and Silver or Grey. It just comes off as more nickle and diming.

Congrats on the car Nick! I personally turned off the lane keep assist, or at least turned it down to the minimum, I found it steps in a bit too eagerly. At the lowest level it just uses haptic feedback (vibration) in the steering wheel to let you know when you're wandering.

Thread starter #43

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does anyone know if the residual value at the end of my lease is any decent? It is $24,028. It's a 3 year 10k per year lease. Honestly, I've never leased before and my plan was to lease to buy but if there is a nice genesis out in 3 years maybe I'll just do another lease?

Thread starter #44

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Also, what do people recommend to clean the dashboard with? Mine is pretty dusty. I am getting my wife to get me the weather tech g70 mats for my birthday in a few short weeks. Even though it's leased there's a chance I buy it out.

ikonn

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Swiffer works well.

But I have to say that I think I have more external smells entering the car (and therefore more dust?) than other cars. I thought all the new cars these days with climate control automatically detect external airborne stuff and automatically revert to re-circulate mode? Guess not the G70.

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
At this price range I doubt you'd see that often. I know the Audi S3 I had certainly didn't, pretty sure my brothers A4 didn't either.

ikonn

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
At this price range I doubt you'd see that often. I know the Audi S3 I had certainly didn't, pretty sure my brothers A4 didn't either.
I think a lot of them do have something. Audi, Mercedes, Volvo and Porsche definitely all have some sort of ionization system. Cadillac and Infiniti have automatic systems. Not sure if they are standard or options though. Could be price related.

Interiors

Cleanzone | Volvo Cars

What Are the Benefits of the Mercedes-Benz Air Balance System?

Air Quality Sensor - Climate Control Systems - Climate Controls - Cadillac CTS Owners Manual - Cadillac CTS - CadillacManuals.org

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well the Audi lists it as a new feature in 2018, one that I might add is probably an added cost option. "The air quality package will be introduced to selected markets in 2018 and expanded to include a particulate measuring sensor. It determines the level of particulates in the ambient air and compares this reading with the interior air." I can guarantee the Ion system they mentioned won't be a standard feature on a 50k car.

The sensors and volvo active fan tech that cycles when the door is unlocked is probably the base thing you can look forward to at this price point, and pretty cool tech (the active fan) for the dollar but really why not just have all air go through the filters?

Air quality wise you may just want to get the upgraded charcoal filter and see if that helps. I'd maybe even just check and make sure one was put in? I haven't noticed any additional smell in mine and my car had a grease trap unload on top of it. :p

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Swiffer works well.

But I have to say that I think I have more external smells entering the car (and therefore more dust?) than other cars. I thought all the new cars these days with climate control automatically detect external airborne stuff and automatically revert to re-circulate mode? Guess not the G70.
There is an automatic expulsion and recirculation system. Hit the Climate button and there is an option under the menu or settings.

Dpaulc

Registered Member
Swiffer works well.
I keep a microfiber cloth in my G70.

I have noticed this as well. In particular, have you noticed a unique smell when you use your wiper fluid?

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

I have noticed this as well. In particular, have you noticed a unique smell when you use your wiper fluid?
As for the wiper fluid...it smells familiar to the Audi. They use an alcohol based fluid which is awesome. Genesis might do the same. Need to ask the service dep't.

ikonn

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Funny you mention that. Certainly I smell washer fluid when I use the spray but what is odd is that on braking I sometimes smell it as well even when I have not triggered a spray. As is the fluid smell is entering an air intake somewhere and maybe as the liquid is sloshing forward? Is there an inherent leak or weak spot in the fluid tank/line?

Rmsanger

Hasn't posted much yet...
Hi all, brand new here but signed a lease for this baby last night. 2.0T AWD dynamic package himilayan gray with a black interior. I pick it up Monday night. Went back and forth as this was purely a want vs a necessity. Honestly I'm really happy with the deal I got. Was $366 a month for a 3 year lease with 10k miles per year. I did sign up for the wear and tear package to cover 5k in damages at end of the lease. It $14 per month so $380 is what I'm paying. I traded in my 2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited which I owned and am getting a $5100 check back from them.
View attachment 16903 View attachment 16904 View attachment 16905 View attachment 16906 View attachment 16907
Wow beautiful car Nick hope you’re enjoying it!

Thread starter #57

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wow beautiful car Nick hope you’re enjoying it!
By far my favorite car I've ever driven. I mean I'm only 31 and have never really even had a luxury car like this, but I've been stopped by people so many times. A guy in a 4 series BMW stopped me to ask a ton of questions about it.

Rmsanger

Hasn't posted much yet...
By far my favorite car I've ever driven. I mean I'm only 31 and have never really even had a luxury car like this, but I've been stopped by people so many times. A guy in a 4 series BMW stopped me to ask a ton of questions about it.
Yeah that himilayan gray is possibly my favorite shade of gray along with one that Porsche has. It’s hard to make gray stand out but that front shot you posted is drool worthy.

Any regrets on getting the turbo 4 over the 6 or completely satisfied with the performance?

Thread starter #59

NickB2005

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah that himilayan gray is possibly my favorite shade of gray along with one that Porsche has. It’s hard to make gray stand out but that front shot you posted is drool worthy.

Any regrets on getting the turbo 4 over the 6 or completely satisfied with the performance?
I mean this thing ha enough power with just the 2.0 and for me that's all I really need. I have a 8 month old so I'm not out here guns blazing because she's in my car a lot, but no regrets and I do drive it when she's not with me in sport mode often and the acceleration feels amazing.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

I really like the Pewter looking grey that Lexus has. My favourite cause it looks like liquid metal!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.