No local dealer

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Maybe in time Genesis volume will warrant a dealership in Sioux Falls. BMW, Mercedes and Audi are there but they are more established brands (with no pickups) with volume that is sufficient for them.
Maybe. I've been a fan of Hyundai/Genesis for 5 cars in the past 13 years, but I'd not put my money into a dealership there just yet.

For those that are blaming Genesis, it is not their fault. Dealers are independent businesses and they are supported by sales. If you think it is a viable business, consider starting your own dealership. Do the market research but I'm not ready to invest there.

Chumaz

AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yuma AZ Hyundai dealer performed oil change and I requested tire rotation ($10-not bad "every other oil change gets free tire rotation ). Had to return after noticing 3 bolts/fasteners missing from oil change door and under-carriage soundproofing, they reinstalled with no issues. Happy so far with car and dealership experience, but time will tell.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yuma AZ Hyundai dealer performed oil change and I requested tire rotation ($10-not bad "every other oil change gets free tire rotation ). Had to return after noticing 3 bolts/fasteners missing from oil change door and under-carriage soundproofing, they reinstalled with no issues. Happy so far with car and dealership experience, but time will tell.
Maybe I'm a drama queen, but I would be livid about bolts missing. Attention to detail is key to good service imo

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Maybe a quart low on oil, filter not tight, etc.

I'd have zero confidence in there workmanship. Is that what you'd expect if you were paying their labor rate, about $175/Hr in the Northeast?

That's "Shade Tree Mechanic" quality!

Gozar

Registered Member
Boise, ID
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I bought a house so I talked to Genesis Customer Service and they claim I am the very first person with a 2019 in a state that does not have a dealer, so they will need to research what can be done. They are supposed to call me back on Monday.......

Last edited:

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Gozar

Registered Member
Boise, ID
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I heard back and what will happen is I will pay up front for maintenance service and then send in the receipt to get reimbursed.
I will visit the local Hyundai dealer next week to get a relationship going.
Not the best situation but I am ok with it.
Hopefully the continued extreme growth in this area will lead to a Genesis dealer in the next few years. :worthy:

Chumaz

AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Maybe a quart low on oil, filter not tight, etc.

I'd have zero confidence in there workmanship. Is that what you'd expect if you were paying their labor rate, about $175/Hr in the Northeast?

That's "Shade Tree Mechanic" quality!
Agree, I'm keeping a close eye and log of my complaints so I can take it up with dealership owner when needed.