• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Not much love for the 2.0?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I guess I'm the only pessimist in this thread. The 2.0 Elite (?) loaner I had for a day just didn't justify what it would cost to own one, imo. It's definitely peppy (once you pass the turbo lag) and handles nicely, but I think you'd get a better bang for your buck elsewhere.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not even close !
C&D's long term 2.0T tester shows 0-60 in 5.8s:

1575318003872.png

i'm not saying that's 'fast', but that's the latest data i've seen. i like to use C&D as a baseline when comparing published data since i've been a subscriber for a long time. so i feel they give me an apples-to-apples data set, even if most owners cannot match them.

ctrcbob

Been here awhile...
I love my 2.0! For me it's not about how fast my car is from 0 to 60. It's about how athletic it is on my favorite curvy backroads. My G70 doesn't FEEL slow when it's making me grin from ear to ear.
Ditto.
Exactly how I feel. I want a car that takes the curves and handles great.
I can care less about 4, 5 or 6 second 0-60 times.

I’ll give a good example. Back in 1970, I special ordered a ‘Cuda 340. Powerful small block engine. Much faster on curvy roads vice the heavy 383, 440 or Hemi. In hindsight, wish I had bought the ‘Cuda 340 AAR. (All American Racer).. Ahhh, hindsight.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the 2.0, also. I preferred the better MPG over the power. Higher MPG is usable every day but I don't always need all the extra power.

I'm looking forward to the 2.5. The better MPG AND more power! Bring it.

I was planning on buying my G70 at the end of the lease but with the 2.5 coming I might reconsider....

I'm really interested in seeing how the new 2.5 turns out. If it's like the 3.5, it will also both direct and port injection. I bet you could make a ton of power out of that little guy, plus it would be light weight... I love the power of my 3.3 right now, but i can't help but wonder if the 2.5 would be the better platform.

Bflogrl

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
2.0T here too! These are first world country issues where people are complaining about a $38K+ car with 0-60 times... We are fortunate to drive such cars considering that a lot of people cannot afford one. I am grateful I have one and don't mind being slower than a 3.3TT brother.
Well said!

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums