• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Official 0-60 & 1/4 mile thread

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
And what is 0 to 60 now. I was gung-ho on JB4 but doesn't seem as times are much better. I would think sub 4 with map 2 93 or even map3 with 99?
Sub 4 seconds in Map 2 is a no go...no way...forget about it :)

On Map 2 and 93 octane...I think I got close to 4.15.

On Map 3 and 99 octane...the best I got was ~3.84 or something like that. My elevation is ~197'...from what I remember the temp was like 65°F...and my tank was 1/8 full. My run was essentially level.

If I did that Burn Out Switch hack (I will never do it)...I bet I could get to 3.7 or something insane like that.

Last edited:

matpal

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sub 4 seconds in Map 2 is a no go...no way...forget about it :)

On Map 2 and 93 octane...I think I got close to 4.15.

On Map 3 and 99 octane...the best I got was ~3.84 or something like that. My elevation is ~197'...from what I remember the temp was like 65°F...and my tank was 1/8 full. My run was essentially level.

If I did that Burn Out Switch hack (I will never do it)...I bet I could get to 3.7 or something insane like that.

How are repeatedly getting substantially faster times than other, similarly tuned cars? Does the elevation, or lack thereof really play that big of a role?

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How are repeatedly getting substantially faster times than other, similarly tuned cars? Does the elevation, or lack thereof really play that big of a role?
Low elevation, humidity and cold temps play a HUGE part. I also spent a very long time figuring out how to launch the damn thing...which as we all know is very difficult.

Also...I am not repeatedly doing this. I did this a few times (until I perfected) after I got my JB4 and BOOSTane Pro...just to nail down my numbers. I haven't done it since. I just enjoy the car now...and every now and then...punch it. Unless someone wants to play...I tend to always bite ;)

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Low elevation, humidity and cold temps play a HUGE part. I also spent a very long time figuring out how to launch the damn thing...which as we all know is very difficult.

Also...I am not repeatedly doing this. I did this a few times (until I perfected) after I got my JB4 and BOOSTane Pro...just to nail down my numbers. I haven't done it since. I just enjoy the car now...and every now and then...punch it. Unless someone wants to play...I tend to always bite ;)
This seems to be the case - the G70 seems pretty sensitive to temperature changes, and I can only assume the elevation also makes a significant difference.

I want to Dyno mine again to see what the changes are. But, I'm trying to wait until I get an intercooler and cat-back exhaust. 😬

scotttisha

Registered Member
orlando, fl
Ran 1/4 mile stock = 12.6 @ 109 mph
Best 0-60 stock = 4.3 seconds
Best 0-100 stock = 10.6 seconds

Have since done intake and exhaust (mid pipes and magnaflow)
Have not been back to drag strip yet; however, I did run some more 0-60's
Best 0-60 = 4.1 seconds
Best 0-100 = 9.8 seconds

Using Racelogic Performance box for 0-60 and 0-100
1/4 mile was at Orlando Speedworld in florida with temps in the 70's

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ran 1/4 mile stock = 12.6 @ 109 mph
Best 0-60 stock = 4.3 seconds
Best 0-100 stock = 10.6 seconds

Have since done intake and exhaust (mid pipes and magnaflow)
Have not been back to drag strip yet; however, I did run some more 0-60's
Best 0-60 = 4.1 seconds
Best 0-100 = 9.8 seconds

Using Racelogic Performance box for 0-60 and 0-100
1/4 mile was at Orlando Speedworld in florida with temps in the 70's

Your stock 1/4 time, that was using aftermarket rims, right? Which tires were/are you using?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sounds like the consensus is that stock 0-60 RWD 3.3's are capable of 4.4, even 4.3 0-60 times, assuming low weight (ie base trimmed G70's, almost empty gas tank, no passengers), relatively low temps (no more than 70°F), and low elevation.

All being done with launch control, and by shifting manually around 5.5-5.7k rpms. And plenty of practice.

Sound accurate with the info we have so far?

jailer

Been here awhile...

Do you make sure your gas level is very very low?? I noticed that.. and it seemed like you did and I always tell people to do that.... and NEVER try testing anywhere with a half to full tank. I've got an Acura but I notice a very obvious difference with an 1/8th tank compared to above half.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Do you make sure your gas level is very very low?? I noticed that.. and it seemed like you did and I always tell people to do that.... and NEVER try testing anywhere with a half to full tank. I've got an Acura but I notice a very obvious difference with an 1/8th tank compared to above half.
Yes...best runs have been 1/8th of a tank 😜

I try to tick off all the boxes.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums