• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Official 0-60 & 1/4 mile thread

scotttisha

Registered Member
orlando, fl
I've got a $500 Racelogic Performance Box I've used for the last 6 years; however, I just ordered the Draggy so I can redo my runs using something everyone else is also using. I'll have the Draggy by Tuesday this week.

My Racelogic times:

Stock with aftermarket wheels and Pilot Sports = 4.3 to 60mph and 10.6 to 100mph

Magnaflow cat-back, Mid pipes, and AEM Intakes added = 4.2 to 60mph and 9.8 to 100mph

Added JB4 and used Map 3 = 3.8 to 60mph and 8.2 to 100mph.

(I ran a 4.1 and 8.8 on a less grippy stretch of road)

Things that have changed since adding JB4:
1. I run my fastest time with all nannies on.
As I hit the gas, I release the brake without using launch control.
2. The three times I tried using launch control and traction control off, the tires broke loose at 3000 rpm which hurt my times. Literally full spinning after 3000 rpm.
3. Manual shifting for all runs. Shift 1 to 2 is at 5600 rpm. shift 2 to 3 is at 6000 rpm, 3 to 4 at 5600 rpm
4. The best time with Launch control was 4.2 to 60 and 8.8 to 100. So, 0-100 was same, but 0-60 was slower.

Attachments

Last edited:

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Density Altitude
Yep I usally am sitting around 5500-6000 so I can only imagine what I could do at 400.

borrowed this from another forum.

There has to be a “Standard Reference” (SAE J2723) when determining the Rated HP of a given vehicle. And this is done by operating the vehicle in a “Standard Environmental Condition”.

Ideally, a Standard Environmental Condition (“Standard Day”), and would be:
1. Sea level
2. A barometer of 29.92” Hg.
3. An ambient air temperature of 59 degrees F (+15 C)
4. A relative humidity of 0%

This meteorlogical condition is the basis of determining rated SAE HP. It is also the standard condition for determining 1/4 mile acceleration performance.

Just because a track is at an elevation close to sea level, the Density Altitude (DA) of a given track may be real high due to a local environmental condition of low barometric pressure, high temperature and/or high humidity at the time … So, we can say that; Density Altitude (DA) is the actual altitude of the track adjusted for the barometric pressure and relative humidity at the time.

Then combine a high PA with a high ambient air temperature, and you get a very high Density Altitude (DA) … Density Altitude is the actual track altitude above sea level, adjusted for the barometric pressure, ambient air temperature and relative humidity.

And a high DA is what kills horsepower and results in high ETs and low trap speeds.

On the other hand, operating a vehicle on a track close to sea level, at very cold track temperature, a condition of high barometric pressure and very low humidity would result in faster 1/4 mile times than when operated at a Sea Level / Standard Day track, and would also not be an accurate measurment of the car’s rated HP.

Without a “standard condition reference”, there is no way to determine whether or not a certain modification has made an improvement or not in regard to power output … So, you need to make an adjustment in the ET and Trap Speed for the variation in Density Altitude on that given day and time.

Last edited:

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've got a $500 Racelogic Performance Box I've used for the last 6 years; however, I just ordered the Draggy so I can redo my runs using something everyone else is also using. I'll have the Draggy by Tuesday this week.

My Racelogic times:

Stock with aftermarket wheels and Pilot Sports = 4.3 to 60mph and 10.6 to 100mph

Magnaflow cat-back, Mid pipes, and AEM Intakes added = 4.2 to 60mph and 9.8 to 100mph

2. The three times I tried using launch control and traction control off, the tires broke loose at 3000 rpm which hurt my times. Literally full spinning after 3000 rpm.
3. Manual shifting for all runs. Shift 1 to 2 is at 5600 rpm. shift 2 to 3 is at 6000 rpm, 3 to 4 at 5600 rpm
4. The best time with Launch control was 4.2 to 60 and 8.8 to 100. So, 0-100 was same, but 0-60 was slower.
Those times are really quick. Nice to know the tricks to get the most out of the car and it's nice that we don't have to pre-stage with launch control. Just hit while releasing the brake.

Info much appreciated!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Keep in mind that @scotttisha is RWD. I don't know if not using LC has the same benefit for us that have plenty of traction.

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Keep in mind that @scotttisha is RWD. I don't know if not using LC has the same benefit for us that have plenty of traction.
The thing is I am Rear drive and I can never get the tires to completely light up and smoke. It seems to find traction and once the turbo lag is dealt with which is not long get rolling it’ll spin up the tires just slightly but that’s about it. Guess one of these mornings I’ll have to go out and try it when it’s 55 or 60°

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

My Racelogic times:

Why shift at 6k instead of 5600 when moving to 3rd gear?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums