Official 0-60 & 1/4 mile thread

Vortex951

Registered Member
Genesis G70
So from what I read up on line. Someone did some math and I honestly wouldn’t say I’m sold on this but is stated that with a forced induction engine like a bmw m4 it takes 3.8 seconds to run 0-60 at sea level. At 2000’ elevation it take that same car 4.18 seconds to run 0-60 and 4.75 seconds at 5000’. Obviously those aren’t da number for the runs but it was an interesting find.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
So from what I read up on line. Someone did some math and I honestly wouldn’t say I’m sold on this but is stated that with a forced induction engine like a bmw m4 it takes 3.8 seconds to run 0-60 at sea level. At 2000’ elevation it take that same car 4.18 seconds to run 0-60 and 4.75 seconds at 5000’. Obviously those aren’t da number for the runs but it was an interesting find.
So are manufacturer times run at Sea level?

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
So are manufacturer times run at Sea level?
I’ve thought about this. My thinking is that 0-60 runs are done in the most optimistic conditions. Low humidity, low temp, at or below sea level. Horsepower ratings however I think are done either in average or below average conditions since those ratings are used for a lot of legal things and need to be pretty much on point. Underrating horsepower is ok, but god forbid a manufacturer over rates it

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
Okay, got down to a 1/4 tank and tried again. Got 4.53 again but everything to 50 was faster than my previous 4.53... I think I shifted too early to 3rd...? Interesting that the 0-60 with one for rollout was quicker at 4.27..

Also, while I was out, my AEM dryflow filters arrived. Already installed for my next try!

4.53 combined.jpg

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
Okay, got down to a 1/4 tank and tried again. Got 4.53 again but everything to 50 was faster than my previous 4.53... I think I shifted too early to 3rd...? Interesting that the 0-60 with one for rollout was quicker at 4.27..

Also, while I was out, my AEM dryflow filters arrived. Already installed for my next try!

View attachment 27982

Which octane were you using for this run?

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
So, no luck on getting better times with 91-93 octane, then..? :(
I haven't tried. I re-posted the 2 times side by side for comparison above. My launches are really good. Can the car hit 60mph in 2nd?

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
Can’t wait to see if the filters have any impact. This will be great data to have and share with anyone wondering if they are worth it
I think the problem with using 0-60 as a measure is that our launches are so soft and inconsistent, which makes it difficult to compare. I went for a drive and the car feels really good with the combination of removing those restrictive elbows and adding the filters. I would say removing the elbows made a more significant different in comparison. My thinking as well is that if someone was running a tune, they would most certainly benefit from the extra flow vs a stock car.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums