First Generation OFFICIAL TUNE FOR 1st Gen 5.0's

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
What's your take on wet or dry system? At first I was leaning towards dry. Then I was leaning towards wet. But you keep stating it's over rich so would a dry system be better? I feel like if it's already rich, a wet system would make it even more rich!

I only found this thread because I've always been curious about the genesis 5.0 sedan since release and am researching my next possible toy (only looking at sedans). Didn't find the news here I was hoping for but registered just to add some info to this. If you have no way of adding the additional fuel then you can not install a dry kit. Nitrous only makes more power by allowing you to burn more fuel in one combustion event. Running nitrous without the extra fuel won't be pretty. I don't know how the fueling system is on the car so you may be able to use some sort of trickery to increase the rail pressure when the nitrous is activated and try and get your fuel that way, but I would strongly recommend just using a wet system.

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Yep, direct injection like I figured (at least 5.0) so no fuel pressure trickery going to happen. Wet kit it is. Unless they employed secondary port injection for cleaning like toyotas d4s which I don't think so but I haven't researched it. Even then you'd need a way to tune that port injection to work when you want/need and not just when Hyundai programmed it to happen.

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I only found this thread because I've always been curious about the genesis 5.0 sedan since release and am researching my next possible toy (only looking at sedans). Didn't find the news here I was hoping for but registered just to add some info to this. If you have no way of adding the additional fuel then you can not install a dry kit. Nitrous only makes more power by allowing you to burn more fuel in one combustion event. Running nitrous without the extra fuel won't be pretty. I don't know how the fueling system is on the car so you may be able to use some sort of trickery to increase the rail pressure when the nitrous is activated and try and get your fuel that way, but I would strongly recommend just using a wet system.
The 5.0 DFI is a high pressure injection system already but there is no way to adjust it.

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
The 5.0 DFI is a high pressure injection system already but there is no way to adjust it.
As I noted before, apparently the fuel ratio curve for the 5.0 is already very rich @ higher rpms and NOS said no need for added line pressures or larger injectors if only looking for modest 50-100rwhp gains.

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
Just so you know, an Ohio Ford Mustang dealer is offering a NOS system for the 2018/9 Mustang 5.0 GT that boosts power from 460 hp to 800hp . May want to look it up in Muscle Car article by Jay Traugott. Does 10 sec drag times. The dealer states that "It's not more dangerous than a supercharger or a turbo, it's just easier to abuse"

Paul

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Jacksonville, Fl.
Genesis Model Type
... apparently the fuel ratio curve for the 5.0 is already very rich @ higher rpms ...and NOS said no need for added line pressures or larger injectors if only looking for modest 50-100rwhp gains.
Lets re-phrase that; the fuel ratio curve on the 5.0 is stupid fat, probably the richest factory afr settings that I've seen on a while. From about 3k and up, the afr's hover right around 9.5:1 until 6k and change, where the power starts to fall off. Any of you guys ever notice that big black puff of smoke when you mat it? Thank Hyundai for that overzealous safety net. A 50~75 dry shot would probably lean the motor out to right where it needs to be. (12.5:1 ish or so) I'd bet that you could make 425~430 at the wheels easily on the hit alone.

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
Lets re-phrase that; the fuel ratio curve on the 5.0 is stupid fat, probably the richest factory afr settings that I've seen on a while. From about 3k and up, the afr's hover right around 9.5:1 until 6k and change, where the power starts to fall off. Any of you guys ever notice that big black puff of smoke when you mat it? Thank Hyundai for that overzealous safety net. A 50~75 dry shot would probably lean the motor out to right where it needs to be. (12.5:1 ish or so) I'd bet that you could make 425~430 at the wheels easily on the hit alone.

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
You confirmed what NOS has stated to me. Seems everyone is aware of the rich fuel ratio that the 5.0 uses.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.