Pics of my G70

SVTong

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That one is mine - I debadge every car I own. I just like the clean look.

And if someone knows what car I'm driving, then I know that person knows their cars, too! a kind of Car-friend entry exam, maybe...?

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Good afternoon. This is my first post. Thank you to all who have posted photos and useful information. Those of us in the US appreciate the posts from the G70 “pioneers” from our friends to the north.

ACCHRM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Athough I am in the US, I was pleasantly surpised to see this G70 last month (with a California “dealer” plate) on the street in (not surprisingly) Fountain Valley. It’s the only one I’ve seen so far.
That's a pretty good stance for the 2.0 model, that seems like is the Sport models, since it has bigger (and wider?) wheels. Now it just needs a 1 1/2 inch drop and some fat rubber under lol

kmooney4

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
U.S. potential buyer here!! Very eagerly awaiting the official release.... it's been Summer for 3 weeks now!! Genesis you said Summer 2018!! haha. Really appreciate all the Canadian posts and pics... really makes the decision to pre-order as soon as possible an easy one!! I've got my heart set on the Siberian Ice with red stitching on the interior...

To all the U.S. potential buyers, articles are starting to be released regarding the U.S. version... This is the first one I've seen with all the specs and details: 2019 Genesis G70: Equipped To Compete.

Cannot wait to pre-order and soon join the ranks of owners of this beautiful ride! (P.S. - I will be trading in my 2015 F-150 Lariat, just want something smaller and sportier since I live in an apartment and don't necessarily need a pickup anymore)

kmooney4

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Also, YouTube user "Javier Mota" has two videos posted on his channel. One is an interview that is impossible to hear, and the other is a driving video of the G70 somewhere in New Hampshire. In the comments of that video he says a full review will be released this coming Monday... Just a heads up to other U.S. future owners...

kmooney4

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Another question: does the 3.3T Sport trim come with a spare tire?

mrozowjj

I've yet to see a picture of the trunk area, no press releases show it and none of the reviews from Canada show it. If some of my Canadian neighbors that have a G70 could take a picture of the trunk area you would have my gratitude. Preferably with something like a golf club, baseball bat, hockey stick, whatever common thing you have lying around so I can get a sense for scale.

Edit:

Looks like someone posted a video, but I would still love to see one with something in the trunk.

Last edited:

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
I've yet to see a picture of the trunk area, no press releases show it and none of the reviews from Canada show it. If some of my Canadian neighbors that have a G70 could take a picture of the trunk area you would have my gratitude. Preferably with something like a golf club, baseball bat, hockey stick, whatever common thing you have lying around so I can get a sense for scale.
Look at the other thread. Exact conversation going on.

kmooney4

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I was reading Genesis' most recent press release talking about the different trim levels and giving the official, exact U.S. specs and noticed a little short paragraph at the bottom of the story about 2 limited-run special editions that will be available at release. One is the "Dynamic Edition": Havana Red exterior, black and red quilted interior, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires (instead of just Sport 4), performance brake pads, and a bespoke remote key fob. The other is the "Design Edition": Black Forest Green exterior, cream interior with a dark green dashboard, genesis branding stamped into the headrests, premium cabin air filter, and a bespoke remote key fob....

Needless to say, it would be amazing to snatch one of these up if possible at release!!! After checking this out, I might be switching my desires to the red Dynamic Edition...

Beefer

I was reading Genesis' most recent press release talking about the different trim levels and giving the official, exact U.S. specs and noticed a little short paragraph at the bottom of the story about 2 limited-run special editions that will be available at release. One is the "Dynamic Edition": Havana Red exterior, black and red quilted interior, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires (instead of just Sport 4), performance brake pads, and a bespoke remote key fob. The other is the "Design Edition": Black Forest Green exterior, cream interior with a dark green dashboard, genesis branding stamped into the headrests, premium cabin air filter, and a bespoke remote key fob....

Needless to say, it would be amazing to snatch one of these up if possible at release!!! After checking this out, I might be switching my desires to the red Dynamic Edition...
Well...a few things on that. Are Brembo's not performance brakes to begin with? So what are they doing?...ceramic brake pads or something? HUGE money. Other than that they may shave a couple of pounds with the tires. So you aren't gaining anything really...and they will probably charge a boat-load more.

I can only assume that the Havana Red will only be available with this special edition :(

kmooney4

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Well...a few things on that. Are Brembo's not performance brakes to begin with? So what are they doing?...ceramic brake pads or something? HUGE money. Other than that they may shave a couple of pounds with the tires. So you aren't gaining anything really...and they will probably charge a boat-load more.

I can only assume that the Havana Red will only be available with this special edition :(
I had the same thought about the Brembo's... not sure what is meant there. I think the idea behind the special edition is interesting though. Maybe make them more of a stand out? Like involve some black trim instead of the dark chrome? It seems that the only "special" thing with the special editions is the bespoke remote fob.

Beefer

I had the same thought about the Brembo's... not sure what is meant there. I think the idea behind the special edition is interesting though. Maybe make them more of a stand out? Like involve some black trim instead of the dark chrome? It seems that the only "special" thing with the special editions is the bespoke remote fob.
I read a bit more carefully...and it looks like the 2.0T Sport comes with Brembo's with performance pads. Same car that comes with the performance exhaust.

All other cars get regular exhaust (either dual pipe on the right for the 2.0 and dual on each side for the 3.3T) and Brembo's with regular pads.

So the Dynamic is the only way to get the performance pads on the 3.3T. Wonder if it also gets the performance exhaust...which is not mentioned. If it did...than I would definitely consider it...to avoid getting an after market exhaust.

kmooney4

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I read a bit more carefully...and it looks like the 2.0T Sport comes with Brembo's with performance pads. Same car that comes with the performance exhaust.

All other cars get regular exhaust (either dual pipe on the right for the 2.0 and dual on each side for the 3.3T) and Brembo's with regular pads.

So the Dynamic is the only way to get the performance pads on the 3.3T. Wonder if it also gets the performance exhaust...which is not mentioned. If it did...than I would definitely consider it...to avoid getting an after market exhaust.
That makes sense... if it comes with the performance exhaust as well, that would make it much more worthy of consideration.

kmooney4

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
For future buyers, I've looked through the threads and pulled owner pics of all the colors in the sport models. Only ones I couldn't find were Adriatic Blue, Serengetti Brown, and Black so I just included other photos of those.

Attachments

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The only thing is...the red looks great...but I am not a "red" kinda guy. I wanted the Ice, Silver or the Blue...and really want the black seats with white stitching.
In Canada, the grey stitching would only be available on the blue car. It's not an option with the Siberian Ice or the Santiago Silver exterior.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.