• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Pics of my G70

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am in North Carolina. We have been a rear license plate state forever. Just this week there is a new law for ride share vehicles. Due to people, mostly women, gravely mistreated by men driving a car in a bar area who stop and pretend to be their driver and then mistreat them ( I am being gentle with my wording) all ride share vehicles must display a placard on the dash which is two times larger than a license and has the same characters as the plate. This is available from the DMV only, at no charge. This is so they can display while driving for hire and remove at other times. I think it is a matter of time until the front plate is mandatory here.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ interesting wrinkle to the ride-share protocols. hopefully it reduces/eliminates the creep factor, but i doubt it. still waiting for ride-sharing in Vancity - nothing but taxis and transit here still.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just found out yesterday you can apply for a rear plate only in SD . Maybe check to see if it is possible in your state?
That's interesting, I thought all states were either just one plate or two. I wonder why they allow it if you apply?
One plate is no bueno in NH.

Kraig Wilkinson

SUSTAINING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
That's interesting, I thought all states were either just one plate or two. I wonder why they allow it if you apply?
One plate is no bueno in NH.
That's what I had thought . Here in SD you need a pic of odometer at the day you go to get the tag and then a pic of the odometer when renewal comes around. No more than 6000 miles. Nor can you use it for everyday use. How they can determine that IDK but either way I am really freaking happy to loose this front tag!!!🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Kraig Wilkinson

SUSTAINING MEMBER
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
That's what I had thought . Here in SD you need a pic of odometer at the day you go to get the tag and then a pic of the odometer when renewal comes around. No more than 6000 miles. Nor can you use it for everyday use. How they can determine that IDK but either way I am really freaking happy to loose this front tag!!!🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
And the tag itself looks a lot nicer IMO!

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oh, that sounds like the antique plates we have here. You still need both plates, but they cost less.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums