- Genesis Model Type
- Genesis G70
Great thread! Thank you.
Great thread! Thank you.
Good luck! I don't think I'd get far here.
Nice pictures! How did you go about getting your paint corrected, and how much did it cost? Did you use the accessory paint pens that Genesis sells?I had my car's paint corrected and ceramic coating applied a few weeks ago, and it looks fantastic after being freshly washed. I washed it last night at work in our chiller bay, I find it amazing how reflective the ceramic coating is in particular. I'm still perfecting my winter wash method, I've been using Optimum No Rinse wash but am finding it to be super time consuming when the car is really grimy. Later on in the winter I'll have access to a pressure washer here at work but for now the rinseless solution will have to suffice.
View attachment 25244 View attachment 25245 View attachment 25246
I took my car to a local paint protection specialty shop. They used a paint pen on a few areas of the car with rock chips, and polished out the worst of the rest of the issues before applying the ceramic coating. My car had a lot of scratches, swirls and some overspray as well. The cost of paint correction was $400, but I'm actually wishing that they would have done some wet sanding as well as there are still some light visible scratches visible under bright lights. The same shop also replaced the ppf on my hood and bumper as well, those both had tears in them so I figured I would get those replaced as well. I might end up going back to have the hood ppf replaced though, there are a bunch of dust bubbles visible so it seems they weren't very careful in cleaning the hood before applying the new film.Nice pictures! How did you go about getting your paint corrected, and how much did it cost? Did you use the accessory paint pens that Genesis sells?
Sorry for all the questions. I'm looking to get a clear bra for my G70, since the paint is so weak . I was wondering how difficult it would be to get corrections before I do so.
I did that for years, generally you will find 90% of the cops are cool and will give you a warning or just let it go. The other 10% ...Well lets say I had one ticket a year for the last 10 years driving (no front plate and tinted windows way to dark) I just chalked them up to my PBA donation for the year. Now I live in SC where front plates are NOT required yayAs do I. Let's how long I can get away with it.
Add me too. Texas required one but I never installed on my G37 or on my Miata. I’m past 50 and cops seem to leave me alone. Both my teenagers have them on their cars for cops don’t cut any slack to them.