• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well boys, I finally sealed the deal on a 3.3T AWD, Mallorca Blue/Grey Quilted Interior. IIRC, the numbers were the following:

MSRP: 51040
Selling Price: a touch under 42000 (incentives plus circle, thanks r_spec!)
Incentives: 3000 lease cash, 1000 conquest, 1000 NY auto show certificate
RV: 51%
MF: .00047
Monthly: 575 per month drive-off (plus DMV up front, which was about 150 bucks)

MF was marked up, but they weren't moving on it and they had me over a barrel because they had the exact car I wanted. I also traded my G37 for quite a lower price than I wanted, but I still took 3100 in equity out of it and rolled it into the lease, so ultimate monthly was 481.

I did get sold their ding and scratch repair thing, which inexplicably was four (4) dollars per month. Apparently, they have a PDR/scratch repair guy come by the dealer 3 times a week and if you get a ding you can just bring it by. I typically compound out my own scratches but I HATE dings, so it was worth it. So that makes 486 monthly at the end of the day.

The only bugaboo is that a rattle popped up in the headliner/sunroof the day after I bought it. I've been playing with it and it seems to have quieted down for the moment, but it might necessitate either dealer intervention or me taking down the headliner, which I don't feel like doing.

Otherwise, the car is absolutely awesome. It's incredibly fast, beautiful, luxurious and seemingly free of compromises. First pic is at the dealership. I took it straight home and hit it with a wash, a full clay bar and a coat of Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant, which is the next two pics. The last pic is after a rainstorm and you can see that sealant working with those sweet hydrophobic properties.

Attachments

wesquire

Registered Member
San Francisco, California
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I apologize if this is not the proper thread for this question but I am confused by the G70 trim lineup. I most often see available trims, tiered in ascending order as follows: Advanced, Elite, Prestige, and Sport. However, I have also seen the following trims discussed: Standard, Design and Dynamic. Please explain.

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I apologize if this is not the proper thread for this question but I am confused by the G70 trim lineup. I most often see available trims, tiered in ascending order as follows: Advanced, Elite, Prestige, and Sport. However, I have also seen the following trims discussed: Standard, Design and Dynamic. Please explain.
The way I understand it you have the basic trim levels right. I think the Design and Dynamic are "special edition" type trim lines. I know the Design has the green paint with light interior, but to be honest I don't know what separates the dynamic from the sport. Not sure about standard, maybe the base 4 cylinder?

nellie1289

Registered Member
Portland, Oregon
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well boys, I finally sealed the deal on a 3.3T AWD, Mallorca Blue/Grey Quilted Interior. IIRC, the numbers were the following:

MSRP: 51040
Selling Price: a touch under 42000 (incentives plus circle, thanks r_spec!)
Incentives: 3000 lease cash, 1000 conquest, 1000 NY auto show certificate
RV: 51%
MF: .00047
Monthly: 575 per month drive-off (plus DMV up front, which was about 150 bucks)

MF was marked up, but they weren't moving on it and they had me over a barrel because they had the exact car I wanted. I also traded my G37 for quite a lower price than I wanted, but I still took 3100 in equity out of it and rolled it into the lease, so ultimate monthly was 481.

I did get sold their ding and scratch repair thing, which inexplicably was four (4) dollars per month. Apparently, they have a PDR/scratch repair guy come by the dealer 3 times a week and if you get a ding you can just bring it by. I typically compound out my own scratches but I HATE dings, so it was worth it. So that makes 486 monthly at the end of the day.

The only bugaboo is that a rattle popped up in the headliner/sunroof the day after I bought it. I've been playing with it and it seems to have quieted down for the moment, but it might necessitate either dealer intervention or me taking down the headliner, which I don't feel like doing.

Otherwise, the car is absolutely awesome. It's incredibly fast, beautiful, luxurious and seemingly free of compromises. First pic is at the dealership. I took it straight home and hit it with a wash, a full clay bar and a coat of Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant, which is the next two pics. The last pic is after a rainstorm and you can see that sealant working with those sweet hydrophobic properties.
Nice ! Your money factor is the same I got. I think it’s just the going rate on this model.

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice ! Your money factor is the same I got. I think it’s just the going rate on this model.
The base money factor is actually a nearly non-existent .00007, but the dealers are allowed to mark it up for extra profit. Typically I would push back more, but I knew I wanted this car and had the Circle certificate and everything, so they knew they had me.

nellie1289

Registered Member
Portland, Oregon
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The base money factor is actually a nearly non-existent .00007, but the dealers are allowed to mark it up for extra profit. Typically I would push back more, but I knew I wanted this car and had the Circle certificate and everything, so they knew they had me.
1% is so immaterial. I felt same way.

Slowerthanslow

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Depends on whether you are looking at 2.0T or 3.3T. The trim lines are slightly different. (And Design is its own special edition)

The easiest way to sort it out is to go to the G70 website and do different builds and you can see all the details of the trim lines.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Depends on whether you are looking at 2.0T or 3.3T. The trim lines are slightly different. (And Design is its own special edition)

The easiest way to sort it out is to go to the G70 website and do different builds and you can see all the details of the trim lines.
You can't see the Dynamic/Design editions (if I remember correctly), but the 3D visualizer is a nice touch for getting a grip on all the differences. Just don't trust the color representation.

Slowerthanslow

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You can't see the Dynamic/Design editions (if I remember correctly), but the 3D visualizer is a nice touch for getting a grip on all the differences. Just don't trust the color representation.
True. And it's simplest to check out the weirdly-hard-to-find 2D site, here: Build your own Genesis. Select model colors and specs | Genesis USA

As for the Design edition, I couldn't find it in a quick look on the website, but I think googling around will tell you it's a prestige trim with dark green exterior color and a white interior.

Scrface

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
How low are people getting on the 2.0 awd elite now eith circle and/or incentives? Getting down to low 30's yet?

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Scrface

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You can get close, the Circle pricing will be around $39.5k, Conquest $1k, and $4k for lease cash.
Probably looking to purchase (I put on about 28k miles per year). When do you think the price starts coming down with the 2020 around the corner?

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums