Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

Scrface

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You should run the numbers given your finances and available financing but it will probably be cheaper to lease, take the cash and then buyout in a couple of months.

If I had to guess, probably not for another 3 months or so before you see the discounts rising.
I've never leased but how does the buyout work? You can buy at anytime with no penalty? What kind of rates are you looking at? Buying new you're going to get 2%-3% right now I believe. Appreciate the info btw

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

DefinitelyMaybe

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
In general the buyout would be the residual amount plus the remaining deprecation, since most of the initial payments would go to financing it would end up being close to the initial cap cost of the lease. With leasing there is the acquisition fee of $750 and you may have to pay a purchasing option fee of $300. If you offset that against the $4,000 lease cash you still are ahead of the game. Right now the money factors are very low, about .26% in this case, so interest on those few months are not a concern. It could even be best to lease for the full term and then buy but you would have to run the specific numbers to be sure.

There are a lot of good article out there on leasing, you may want to check a few out so at least you have that as an option. Good luck.
Anyone know what the fine print is on the lease cash? If I’m planning on purchasing anyway, what would prevent me from signing up for the lease, getting the lease cash, and maybe a month down the road buying it out?

nellie1289

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Anyone know what the fine print is on the lease cash? If I’m planning on purchasing anyway, what would prevent me from signing up for the lease, getting the lease cash, and maybe a month down the road buying it out?
Nothing would stop
You other than the one month or so for them to process your lease paperwork. You would then request a buyout quote (you can do online through Hyundai finance ) and pay it off. Your price would basically be your cap cost minus any payments you have made adjusted for the tiny bit of interest in that short period of time. You would also have to pay 300$ purchase fee. You will be well up doing this.

DefinitelyMaybe

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
That is exactly what I did. No problems.
Interesting. Can you provide more details? Did you already know what the early buyout amount would be before you started the lease? How long before you bought it? How much in fees did you end up paying?

Tonester

SUSTAINING MEMBER
San Francisco, CA - Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Considering the very low money factor (interest rate) that Genesis is offering now for a lease, you should consider paying your lease full term and invest your cash elsewhere. Find out what the MF is for your car and your zip via Edmunds, then multiply that by 2400 to get your interest rate. In my case, the MF is 0.00006 or 0.144% interest rate. That is almost nothing, so if you have a place to invest your money rather than paying off your lease, you may be better off. Of course, that all depends on what your dealer quoted you. If your MF quote is much more than what Edmunds says, maybe you can negotiate that down. The other bonus to paying down the lease over time is you'll have a choice to make when the lease is up; buy it or turn it in.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Interesting. Can you provide more details? Did you already know what the early buyout amount would be before you started the lease? How long before you bought it? How much in fees did you end up paying?
Keep us informed what you do and how it works out? I’m in the same boat while I wait for 2020 models. I can pay cash cause I don’t want payments and usually keep my cars more than 6 years. Never leased but have learned a lot listening to others here. Just with my savings account alone I earn 2.5% with zero risk so leasing and leaving my money in my savings account might make sense.

littlebuddha

Registered Member
Keep us informed what you do and how it works out? I’m in the same boat while I wait for 2020 models. I can pay cash cause I don’t want payments and usually keep my cars more than 6 years. Never leased but have learned a lot listening to others here. Just with my savings account alone I earn 2.5% with zero risk so leasing and leaving my money in my savings account might make sense.
Check out the kia stinger owners forum - they have a thread on lease buyout which is very helpful and seems people have saved thousands going this route due to the lease cash - the process for genesis/hyundai should be the same.

dengen

Hasn't posted much yet...
Denver
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
What are the promotions for June? In May they seemed to have a big lease cash back offer...

jrosen9

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Lease cash remained the same for June:

2.0 - 4,000
3.3 RWD - 2,500
3.3 AWD - 3,000
Where do you find this information? Maybe I don't know what I'm looking for when I'm reading the details.

Thanks

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

ryan_g

Orange, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi all,

I was granted the Circle O-Plan through a contact at Hyundai. I finally found the car I want, and the through circle the price is reduced from $50,620 to $40,334. I'm planning to lease, and was expecting numbers in the low $400s at the most with $2500 down and 15k miles per year given the publicly available money factor of .00007.

When I received my quote, it was for $675/month. Shocked, I asked the dealer what money factor they were using. For some reason, this dealership is telling me that, because of the Circle O-Plan, there is a corporate policy (I made sure to ask if this was corporate or dealership policy) that they use a money factor of .003 instead. Does anyone know if this is true? Seems like BS to me, as the whole point of Circle is to give people a better deal.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

broervudu

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That monthly quote looks very inflated with the cursory information you've listed. What's the point of the awesome discount, when they come back with some insane monthly payment. Use this calculator https://leasehackr.com/calculator and plug in your values, I don't see how $675 comes back with just the basic info you listed.

broervudu

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I haven't been able to find the rules on Plan O (first time I heard of it) but if it is similar to Plan E and M, then they are correct. With that pricing you give up incentives. You may be better off getting a Circle A plan and take advantage of the incentives (lease cash and lower MF). You would have to run the numbers to make sure.
Wow really? Ryan_G refer to page 26 of this thread and see if you can get Circle-A Plan certificate from r_spec.

G70 Lease Comparisons and Discussion (USA)

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

ryan_g

Orange, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I haven't been able to find the rules on Plan O (first time I heard of it) but if it is similar to Plan E and M, then they are correct. With that pricing you give up incentives. You may be better off getting a Circle A plan and take advantage of the incentives (lease cash and lower MF). You would have to run the numbers to make sure.
I guess I just wouldn’t really think of the money factor as an incentive? That’s why i’m a bit confused.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!