• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

Tkpoint22

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Anyone else feel that attempting to negotiate on this brand has been especially adversarial? Where I am there really is only one Hyundai dealer that sells a decent number of Genesis. I imagine that’s how it is most places at this time. And we certainly don’t have a standalone Genesis shop. And the other Hyundai’s have just 5 or so G70s on their lots. These guys have been consistently combative and condescending, as if they think that’s how luxury brands are supposed to operate. They very much are playing the “we’re the only game in town” card, “go f yourself” approach. Despite the fact that I’ve seen the same 3.3s on their lot all summer. I’m just not sure I understand their strategy. There’s no “let’s sit down and see how we can make this work to get you in this car” to their style. They def don’t seem motivated to move these.

It hasn’t been a pleasant experience. Am I alone on this?

Kodiak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
That is what my wife and I ran into test driving one. The salesman was not friendly to us my guess is we dont look rich. He hurried her and was no help getting her comfortable in the driver's seat. She is short with a bad leg so little patience would been nice. Opposite of when we tested a stinger. They got her comfortable and she loved the car. I'll bring her to another genesis dealership this fall. Because I like the g70 more and really want it. I want a better salesman who will help get her in the right spot in the seat. I think she will like it more also. Loved the car during the test drive. Even the 2.0 elite had enough bells and whistles for us.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Anyone else feel that attempting to negotiate on this brand has been especially adversarial? Where I am there really is only one Hyundai dealer that sells a decent number of Genesis. I imagine that’s how it is most places at this time. And we certainly don’t have a standalone Genesis shop. And the other Hyundai’s have just 5 or so G70s on their lots. These guys have been consistently combative and condescending, as if they think that’s how luxury brands are supposed to operate. They very much are playing the “we’re the only game in town” card, “go f yourself” approach. Despite the fact that I’ve seen the same 3.3s on their lot all summer. I’m just not sure I understand their strategy. There’s no “let’s sit down and see how we can make this work to get you in this car” to their style. They def don’t seem motivated to move these.

Definitely not alone in your experience! Several others shared that same sentiment, which is unfortunate... Even so, there are *some* exceptional dealerships out there!

gdevine

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

[/QUOTE
They act like they are not eager to sell this brand. It is kind of an annoyance to them. They don't communicate back, they just seem uninterested.

WILLOWBROOK

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think there were two but they have not posted much since purchase. Could be in another thread.
I bought the 2019 Genesis G70 in Sept 2019. MSRP was a little higher than $45,020. included Elite, Prestige, Dynamic packages plus first aid kit and rear bumper applique, and applique at bottom of door bottoms and under door handles, and locking lug nuts. Paid $43,979. No other dealer in southern California would budge from MSRP and some wanted more. They gave me $1500 more on my trade in than the other dealers also. I got the only one in southern California that was red with light leather interior. the others had black interior - too hot for southern Ca. Real sharp car. had windows tinted with ceramic #35. Ceramic paint coated it myself. I am stopped everywhere I go ….people don't know what it is.

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
I bought the 2019 Genesis G70 in Sept 2019. MSRP was a little higher than $45,020. included Elite, Prestige, Dynamic packages plus first aid kit and rear bumper applique, and applique at bottom of door bottoms and under door handles, and locking lug nuts. Paid $43,979. No other dealer in southern California would budge from MSRP and some wanted more. They gave me $1500 more on my trade in than the other dealers also. I got the only one in southern California that was red with light leather interior. the others had black interior - too hot for southern Ca. Real sharp car. had windows tinted with ceramic #35. Ceramic paint coated it myself. I am stopped everywhere I go ….people don't know what it is.
Lemme see it.

carsareus

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So you bought your car today, 1 September 2019? We have 3 dealers here in Sacramento area and I haven't been reading many good things about them. I've only been to one so far and wasn't impressed. If I pull the trigger on the Genesis they better be willing to deal or I'll have to travel out of the area.

carsareus

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
That is what my wife and I ran into test driving one. The salesman was not friendly to us my guess is we don't look rich. He hurried her and was no help getting her comfortable in the driver's seat. She is short with a bad leg so little patience would been nice. Opposite of when we tested a stinger. They got her comfortable and she loved the car. I'll bring her to another genesis dealership this fall. Because I like the g70 more and really want it. I want a better salesman who will help get her in the right spot in the seat. I think she will like it more also. Loved the car during the test drive. Even the 2.0 elite had enough bells and whistles for us.
What's funny is the 2.0T Elite is also looking pretty good for me. I can afford to spend more but I'm not looking for speedster (Already own a car much faster than the Genesis) and I'm looking for a smaller Luxury oriented car. The G80 almost seems too big for me. I don't even want 19 inch performance tires. The 18 inch all season is what I prefer in my daily driver. I'm definitely going to have to do more research. I'm hoping I have better luck than you because I need to test drive at least two cars.

IV2019

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Forgive my ignorance, but is there a way to get circle pricing on a vehicle that has to be ordered. I'm interested in a 3.3T AWD Sport in Siberian Ice that does not look too be available anywhere near me. Will have to wait for the 2020's, but wondering how circle pricing would work if the dealer had to request a specific vehicle based on what's coming into port.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Forgive my ignorance, but is there a way to get circle pricing on a vehicle that has to be ordered. I'm interested in a 3.3T AWD Sport in Siberian Ice that does not look too be available anywhere near me. Will have to wait for the 2020's, but wondering how circle pricing would work if the dealer had to request a specific vehicle based on what's coming into port.
Just make sure the dealer will accept the circle A cert. My understanding is they are only able to be used once the vehicle is in dealers inventory. Once it’s on the lot get the cert with the VIN. I’ll be basically doing the same thing. Dallas Genesis knows what I want and that I will be using a circle A cert. Supposedly when they put in for their 2020 allocation they have requested my vehicle. We shall see how this works?

IV2019

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Just make sure the dealer will accept the circle A cert. My understanding is they are only able to be used once the vehicle is in dealers inventory. Once it’s on the lot get the cert with the VIN. I’ll be basically doing the same thing. Dallas Genesis knows what I want and that I will be using a circle A cert. Supposedly when they put in for their 2020 allocation they have requested my vehicle. We shall see how this works?
Thanks! I'll have to see if my local dealer is willing to do the same. I guess if they aren't, I can call around until I find a further dealer that's willing to order what I want and honor the circle A pricing.

carsareus

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Looks like all the offers that expired after September 3rd have been taken down. Hoping they will post new deals soon.

Avocent

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I love the G70 the way it drives, looks and infotainment is everything I want my second choice is a Audi S3. I plan to finance not lease so the G70 is better to me as I will probably keep this car a 5+ years. I had decided to get a preowned one with less than 10k miles because someone else had taken the depreciation hit, BUT from coming here and seeing this is a new model and the first year for it, I think I will probably end up buying new Just In Case I happen across a lemon.

Am I making to much of the few issues I have seen here or is it a wiser precaution to get backed up with the Lemon law? Time frame to buy is Late October-November to take advantage of any end of year deals. I'm in no great hurry so researching the best deal possible is more important than speed.

Definitely want a 3.3 Sport, I haven't decided on RWD or AWD yet any recommendations??

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Kodiak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I love the G70 the way it drives, looks and infotainment is everything I want my second choice is a Audi S3. I plan to finance not lease so the G70 is better to me as I will probably keep this car a 5+ years. I had decided to get a preowned one with less than 10k miles because someone else had taken the depreciation hit, BUT from coming here and seeing this is a new model and the first year for it, I think I will probably end up buying new Just In Case I happen across a lemon.

Am I making to much of the few issues I have seen here or is it a wiser precaution to get backed up with the Lemon law? Time frame to buy is Late October-November to take advantage of any end of year deals. I'm in no great hurry so researching the best deal possible is more important than speed.

Definitely want a 3.3 Sport, I haven't decided on RWD or AWD yet any recommendations??
I think AWD or not is where you live. I'm in northern Minnesota and live on a steep hill the city plows days after a storm so awd is a must for me. If I lived in Texas I do rwd for sure to save the money and weight.

Honestly there is so few used ones out there the savings will be minimal for what you give up. I hear genesis treats used buyers as second class citizens. If you want used it be best to wait 1 year for the first set of 2 year leases to come due.

Last edited:

Avocent

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Oddly enough there are quite a few low mileage used ones out there that meet my specs (except awd or rwd). The nice but also bad thing i have found is the literal ignorance of how great these cars are and the Brand snobbery. You are correct from what I have read here I should be able to get a new one with lemon law protection for the same price a s a slightly used one.

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oddly enough there are quite a few low mileage used ones out there that meet my specs (except awd or rwd). The nice but also bad thing i have found is the literal ignorance of how great these cars are and the Brand snobbery. You are correct from what I have read here I should be able to get a new one with lemon law protection for the same price a s a slightly used one.
I would look for new. Several have bought new for less than what used ones are going for.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums