• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Post purchase price details here (US $ only)

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

carsareus

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Genesis posted their new incentives today. It looks like the same 1.9% financing they had that expired on September 3rd. This is good until the end of September.

FornicatorSteve

Hasn't posted much yet...
Central Florida
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Dang those incentives bumped up pretty aggressively. I'll have to think more if a smart trunk in the 2020 model is worth all the free lease cash.
On a 3.3T, the lease cash went up by $500, but residuals went down by 1%. So anything over $50,000 MSRP gets a little ding.

The MF, however, went down to .00003, so the effective cost of a lease (all things being the same) on a 3.3T AWD is $108 more effective over 3 years ($3/mo).

Especially if you plan to lease then purchase, it's good since the RV has decreased and it leaves less to finance at the end.

Kodiak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I'm not able to PM anyone yet - you were the test subject broervudu and no luck.
What about thinking about whether it’s better to have the car now versus maybe getting one six months from now?
I would say 2 months from now. In 6 months we don't know if cash support will be available for the 2019s. I always liked end of November catch cleaning out models and desperate sales to pay for Christmas shopping.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
What about thinking about whether it’s better to have the car now versus maybe getting one six months from now?
Don’t see it being 6 months until 2020 models hit. Some 3.3 models and colors are already in short supply in some areas so to get a 2019 now may limit you on choices or you may need to travel out of the area to get your preferred choice. I have a buddy in Korea who has a buddy that works for HMC. He is checking for me if 2020s have made it on the boat yet or not? If not what might the ECD actually be?

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sad to say that this thread, and its companion on leasing, have been dormant for longer than I ever recall. It is often the entry point at the forum for those seeking information about Genesis G70. Fewer seekers? Fewer buyers? Fewer visitors?

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was thinking the same exact thing yesterday. I even went to each thread to make sure I just didn't miss the notifications.

Not sure what the reason is, perhaps fewer buyers as folks are waiting for the 2020s. Either that or they don't need help anymore.
Or, optimistically, enough information on this thread and people actually reading the stuff in it. As such a lack of questions to be answered.

Tkpoint22

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Ever the optimist. :cheers:
I noticed the same thing. I’d actually love to pull the trigger, but best I can get is Circle A plus lease cash with a marked up MF (effectively $1,250). The car was built in Nov 2018, so I don’t feel that’s a good enough deal. The dealers here don’t seem to have any motivation to move any lower.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Waiting for 2020s to arrive and hopefully at least some incentives will still exist as a carry over from 2019s. I don’t expect the same lease discounts on a newly arrived 2020, but maybe a little something other than just a circle A discount.

wesquire

Registered Member
San Francisco, California
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My current lease runs out on Christmas day and I have been lurking for a while preparing to lease a G70 at the right time. Assuming the Circle A pricing, and rebates, what is the monthly payment going to looking like for a Prestige or Sport? I would love to have a lease deal all calculated to give to a dealer so I can lead the negotiation. I have played around with the Leashackr calculator but I doubt the accuracy of my calculations. If anyone has already done this it would really helpful to see. I am in California by the way. Thanks!

Rjscharer

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Traded in a 2018 Tiguan yesterday with 14 months left on a 3 year lease @ $430/month. Got a Havana Red
Dynamic G70 MSRP $45,170 /5k miles per year/36 months for 510/month including tax,3k down
which included 1st month lease. I am a happy man.VW paid off by dealer!

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Tkpoint22

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My current lease runs out on Christmas day and I have been lurking for a while preparing to lease a G70 at the right time. Assuming the Circle A pricing, and rebates, what is the monthly payment going to looking like for a Prestige or Sport? I would love to have a lease deal all calculated to give to a dealer so I can lead the negotiation. I have played around with the Leashackr calculator but I doubt the accuracy of my calculations. If anyone has already done this it would really helpful to see. I am in California by the way. Thanks!
Here’s where things stand with my negotiation:

MSRP: 51,145 (3.3t AWD Prestige)

Circle A Price: $47,006
Lease cash: ($4,000)
Net price: $43,006
Add acq fee: $750
Cap cost: $43,756

Residual on 36/15: 47% ($24,038)

MF: .00051 (equates to a 1.2% APR borrowing $43,750....but given I’m only borrowing that much for 3 years, I’m effectively only borrowing the depreciation amount of $19,712, which makes the MF an effective rate of about 4% — total interest charge of about $1,250 over 3 yrs)

They’re using a 10% tax rate which is too high... they’re coming to $640/mo with $0 down. It’d be closer to $625/mo at my actual tax rate.

Base payment: $547 ($19,712/36)
Rent charge: $35/mo (($43,756+$24,038)*.00051)
Tax @ 7.5%: $43/mo ((547+35)*.075)

Total: $625/mo

The car was built in Nov 2018. On the lot since June. At a minimum they need to come down on the MF.

Hope the breakdown makes sense.

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Here’s where things stand with my negotiation:

MSRP: 51,145 (3.3t AWD Prestige)

Circle A Price: $47,006
Lease cash: ($4,000)
Net price: $43,006
Add acq fee: $750
Cap cost: $43,756

Residual on 36/15: 47% ($24,038)

MF: .00051 (equates to a 1.2% APR borrowing $43,750....but given I’m only borrowing that much for 3 years, I’m effectively only borrowing the depreciation amount of $19,712, which makes the MF an effective rate of about 4% — total interest charge of about $1,250 over 3 yrs)

They’re using a 10% tax rate which is too high... they’re coming to $640/mo with $0 down. It’d be closer to $625/mo at my actual tax rate.

Base payment: $547 ($19,712/36)
Rent charge: $35/mo (($43,756+$24,038)*.00051)
Tax @ 7.5%: $43/mo ((547+35)*.075)

Total: $625/mo

The car was built in Nov 2018. On the lot since June. At a minimum they need to come down on the MF.

Hope the breakdown makes sense.
That residual is a killer, but there's nothing you can do about it. Really the only thing left to play with is the MF. Make clear in no uncertain terms that if they drop to the base MF you'll take the car that day. I mean, do they want to sell cars or not?

Honestly, with my experiences at the Hyundai dealer thus far, the answer to that question could very well be no...

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums