Power mirror gear. Anyone?

Hargarbl

Hasn't posted much yet...
FL
Hey Barry. Any possible way to get a walk through on getting to that gear. My driver side did that a few months back but I never got around to trying to get to the gear. Thanks in advance.

Quick edit. Which gear did you end up using in the end as well?

Last edited:

badmrscary

Hey Barry. Any possible way to get a walk through on getting to that gear. My driver side did that a few months back but I never got around to trying to get to the gear. Thanks in advance.

Quick edit. Which gear did you end up using in the end as well?
I used this tutorial as a start. Once you start to get inside, it becomes pretty obvious. You will disassemble everything. Take your time. Took me about 30 mins to totally disassemble the first time. Now I can do it in 5! Lol. Unplugging wires make it much easier as well. All are spring latched.

https://www.Genesis Coupe.com/exterior/224577-diy-disassemble-side-view-mirror.html

I used the part from Amazon in post 17. So far so good.

Hargarbl

FL
I used this tutorial as a start. Once you start to get inside, it becomes pretty obvious. You will disassemble everything. Take your time. Took me about 30 mins to totally disassemble the first time. Now I can do it in 5! Lol. Unplugging wires make it much easier as well. All are spring latched.

https://www.Genesis Coupe.com/exterior/224577-diy-disassemble-side-view-mirror.html

I used the part from Amazon in post 17. So far so good.
Is this doable with the mirror still on the car or is it easier to remove the entire assembly?

badmrscary

Is this doable with the mirror still on the car or is it easier to remove the entire assembly?
No, you MUST remove from car. You’ll need the slack in the wire harness to disassemble. Taking off car is the easiest part. 60 seconds. Pull cover trim from door on inside. Just grip and tug. Only 1 retainer at end that will pop off. Unplug harness, three 10mm nuts holding mirror to door, and it’s off. So much easier off the car to get fingers inside and much less likely to scratch things up.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.