• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Radio stopped working, then OK

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don't even own a Genesis but have been considering buying a new one in the next few months. These are the kinds of things that concern me about the brand. That's pretty crazy that they would buy the car back before they would replace the head unit. It's hard for me to understand their reasoning behind this. My other concern is parts availability in the US and the time it takes to get parts here from Korea. Hopefully they resolve this problem soon.
Bizarre one off shit...don’t worry.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

carsareus

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Good point about the lemon law. I never thought about that! It seems to be hit and miss on what's stocked in US warehouses. I assume the most common parts are in the CONUS. I know the people who had the brown spots on their trim around the windows had to wait until the dealer received them from Korea. BTW I lived in South Korea for 4 years many years ago when I was in the military. Back then everyone drove black Daewoos.

G70girl

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. No sound for the entire morning commute which made the commute even longer! Called the dealership to set an appointment to bring it in but then it worked on my drive home!! Dealership said to bring it in if I continued to have issues but thankfully it hasn’t happened again. Fingers crossed it doesn’t!

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. No sound for the entire morning commute which made the commute even longer!
Weird - happened to me on my commute home. All functions worked, just no sound from radio stations or from music on my phone (via the USB port). No amount of turning on and off the radio or car would get it to work. Weird. I‘ll check tomorrow to see if it’s working, but will call Genesis to report the problem.

Adam85

Hasn't posted much yet...
Weird - happened to me on my commute home. All functions worked, just no sound from radio stations or from music on my phone (via the USB port). No amount of turning on and off the radio or car would get it to work. Weird. I‘ll check tomorrow to see if it’s working, but will call Genesis to report the problem.
If it didn't work there is a tiny reset button by the volume knob that fixed by problem instantly

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums