Second guessing my color choice

Friday

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
There doesn't seem to be much for reviews yet showing the car in silver. Now that have posted your pictures, I think it looks really good in silver. Thanks for the post and congrats!

Friday

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Instead of getting it delivered I went to the dealership and picked it up. 38% tint on the side windows and 20% on the rear.

I bought the cargo mat to protect the bumper.

Had to stop at Costco on my way home.

I picked it up on Friday and have put 700kms on it so far as I had to go to a grad this weekend. It's an awesome car to drive on the highway and I'm really pleased with everything about it. I'm also happy with my color choice and it looks better in person than it does in the pics. I'm even liking the dark rims which is kind of a surprise for me.
I like how your silver shines, more than the average silver car I think. Do think this Santiago Silver is more metallic than just plain Silver if that makes any sense?

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thread starter #63
There doesn't seem to be much for reviews yet showing the car in silver. Now that have posted your pictures, I think it looks really good in silver. Thanks for the post and congrats!
Thanks. It is a really 'bright' silver and it definitely does have a lot of metallic in it.

Stephen5242

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Very nice indeed! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Instead of getting it delivered I went to the dealership and picked it up. 38% tint on the side windows and 20% on the rear.
Had to stop at Costco on my way home.

I picked it up on Friday and have put 700kms on it so far as I had to go to a grad this weekend. It's an awesome car to drive on the highway and I'm really pleased with everything about it. I'm also happy with my color choice and it looks better in person than it does in the pics. I'm even liking the dark rims which is kind of a surprise for me.
Nice, but doesn't the bow on the hood obscure your vision? Tint looks good. The rims look good with that color too.

Fuddy

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Flat grey is a nice color on sporty cars such as the Porsche 911 (Fashion Grey, which is very close to Siberian Ice) or on Audis (Nardo Grey, which is a bit darker) and it definitely looks great on a G70 (and it is very unique, also). My favorite colors on the G70 Sport:
  1. Mallorca Blue
  2. Casablanca White
  3. Himalayan Grey
  4. Siberian Ice
Color is a personal thing -- get what you like!
Is Mallorca the same as Lapis Blue? Does anyone have the paint code for this Mallorca?

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thread starter #67
Nice, but doesn't the bow on the hood obscure your vision? Tint looks good. The rims look good with that color too.
The bow didn't last long. I ended up getting the rear windows re tinted as I noticed they were not all the same. Back doors were 20% and the fronts were 35%. I have them all 35% now.

Stephen5242

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
That silver is the one color the black trim and wheels looks good on.

KusaKusa

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
1) Anyone have pictures of the Adriatic Blue? I really wish it's as good as BMW's Deep Sea Blue Metallic (see below), but I don't have high hopes honestly.

2) A bit off-topic, but I hate the edge trim below the grille on the non-sport models, illustrated below. Why couldn't they make the edge trim match the grille like in the sport models?! Is it possible to remove this edge trim to wrap it in chrome?

MetalTrim.jpg

3) Which G70 colors have metallic or pearlescent elements to them? I wish car manufacturers would just state that outright in the paint names.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have mine in siberian ice and love it. I get so many compliments on color
Thanks Ivo.
May I ask a few questions...and I know US combos may differ...
-What is your trim line and is Siberian Ice only available on some?
-What is your interior color and was that color your only option?

canucklehead604

^ thank you. i've been trying to decide between the two available blue colours for the G70. i prefer a bit darker than Mallorca, but i've yet to see the Adriatic in Sport package.

KusaKusa

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
If you search Adriatic blue for the G80, you get such different shades of blue based on lighting and angle. This makes me think that maybe the color is metallic. Plus, in the Dubai YouTube video with a ton of different colored G70s, the Adriatic blue gleams like it's metallic. Honestly it just comes down to seeing it in person.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The bow didn't last long. I ended up getting the rear windows re tinted as I noticed they were not all the same. Back doors were 20% and the fronts were 35%. I have them all 35% now.

Thank you for the photo. Looks very nice. May I ask, when you use 20% or 35%, does that mean the amount of light blocked or amount of light let in? Thanks!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.