Second guessing my color choice

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I went with the Himalayan Gray. The Siberian Ice is impressive in person. My favorite color was the Black Forest, which may be the Nurburg Green, can’t tell from photos. It is only available on the Design in the US, and the Cream interior was a no go for me.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I went with the Himalayan Gray. The Siberian Ice is impressive in person. My favorite color was the Black Forest, which may be the Nurburg Green, can’t tell from photos. It is only available on the Design in the US, and the Cream interior was a no go for me.
Yeah that is the Nürburg Green and I have it with the Caramel Brown interior.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It still kills me how they varied the US and Canadian cars. The Green is only on the Design edition with cream...limited to 400 cars.

Then in Canada...SI is only on the Sport.

The biggest FUp is not having all the 3.3T Sport features on the 2.0T Sport in the USA. That's a mind blower.

You would think that it would be cheaper to have the same configs for all of North America. Instead...adding SKU's between the 2 countries. Will Mexico get the G70?

danygenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
It still kills me how they varied the US and Canadian cars. The Green is only on the Design edition with cream...limited to 400 cars.

Then in Canada...SI is only on the Sport.

The biggest FUp is not having all the 3.3T Sport features on the 2.0T Sport in the USA. That's a mind blower.

You would think that it would be cheaper to have the same configs for all of North America. Instead...adding SKU's between the 2 countries. Will Mexico get the G70?
Maybe there are some country specific regulations that impide to sell the same car in different countries but different interior and exterior colors shouldn't apply to any regulations so I think they made a mess anyway (as usual)

TO Genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
Toronto
Canada is a smaller market so unlikely we will get all the variants available in the US - we have 6 currently. What I'd like to see added is a 3.3T Prestige to bridge the gap between our base 3.3 and the Sport. I'd be happy to forego the LSD and adaptive dampers to have the broader number of interior options available for the Prestige. All my cars over the last 15 years have had black interiors so I'm looking for a change.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Canada is a smaller market so unlikely we will get all the variants available in the US - we have 6 currently. What I'd like to see added is a 3.3T Prestige to bridge the gap between our base 3.3 and the Sport. I'd be happy to forego the LSD and adaptive dampers to have the broader number of interior options available for the Prestige. All my cars over the last 15 years have had black interiors so I'm looking for a change.
That would make sense if...the USA had more to offer. They don't. Other than a few options here and there that Canada doesn't have...the US is missing tons of stuff. Colors...entire "true" Sport for 2.0T, etc.

You would think it was the other way around...sure.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Another reason I didn't pick the 3.3T. Like you I always had black leather interiors and I wanted the brown. Plus I wanted to spend less on gas this time around too. I wish the gas tank was bigger. 60L is just way to small for my work commute!

canucklehead604

Hasn't posted much yet...
West Coast Canada
^ agreed. CAD gets 4 versions of the 2.0T, but only 2 3.3T trims and they come with a $5500 gap. weird.

that said, i do think the US market got waaay too many trim choices. ~20 or so trims to choose from for a single model? yikes. many have $500-$1000 price gaps.

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I would personally prefer the 3.3T Prestige over the 3.3T Dynamic (Canadian Version). Most people that go V6 are willing to spend a bit more for a more premium vehicle than the 2.0T variants. I would say 75% of my G70 clients have the 3.3T Sport and some of them would have loved to go for a 3.3T Prestige due to the leather colors and stitching pattern if it was possible.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.