Hasn't posted much yet...
- Genesis Model Type
- Genesis G70
1. Weight is in the low-mid 20 lb range. Likely cast not forged but can't say for certain.I've been lurking on this thread for some time to see what looks better on the G70 than the OEM 19" Sport wheels. Lots of eye candy, but I still like the OEM's best so far. That being said, if anybody on this forum ever wants to part with their Sport wheels, PM me immediately before I buy a set of these RWCs. They're almost an 18" replica of the factory wheels. They may even be more desirable in that they don't require staggered tire sizes, and give a bit more shoulder height on our lousy Colorado roads. They also show off the Brembo's better than the stock web design wheels.
Before I pull that trigger, could you answer a few questions for me?
1.) Weight? Also, do you know if they're forged or cast?
2.) Source? I found them in Canada (ZRacing) but a quick Google doesn't show me a source in the US. I'm sure you guys would like a few of my US $$.
3.) They appear to be painted a matt black, not a metalic coating. Would prefer if they were like the OEM coating but it's not a deal killer.
4.) Do you have any clearance issues? I see they're offset is 32 mm and I bellieve the stock 18" rims are 34 mm. I'd hope to mount a bit wider tire (maybe 235/40) and can't believe 2mm would cause problems. Would rather not go to spacers.
5.) Do the stock lug nuts work? I see the hub bore is the same for both wheels yet you say you had to "MacGyever" the center caps. Explain?
Thanks for posting. I found a set of new 19" OEM take-offs with tires two weeks ago but they were gone before I could hit the "buy" key. $2,099 shipped! Dam.
2. I ordered them from PMC Tire in Montreal but haven't seen them listed in 32 offset since I purchased.
3. Colour is listed as Gloss anthracite but they're really gloss black.
4. No clearance issues. There's a ton of room between the spoke and the brake caliper.
5. Stock lug nuts work. The wheels came with a plastic centre cap and a cheesy RWC sticker to put on. I bought some Genesis centre cap overlays and applied them to the supplied centre cap.
Here's a shot of the spoke to caliper clearance.