• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Show off your aftermarket wheels thread.🚗

TO Genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been lurking on this thread for some time to see what looks better on the G70 than the OEM 19" Sport wheels. Lots of eye candy, but I still like the OEM's best so far. That being said, if anybody on this forum ever wants to part with their Sport wheels, PM me immediately before I buy a set of these RWCs. They're almost an 18" replica of the factory wheels. They may even be more desirable in that they don't require staggered tire sizes, and give a bit more shoulder height on our lousy Colorado roads. They also show off the Brembo's better than the stock web design wheels.

Before I pull that trigger, could you answer a few questions for me?

1.) Weight? Also, do you know if they're forged or cast?

2.) Source? I found them in Canada (ZRacing) but a quick Google doesn't show me a source in the US. I'm sure you guys would like a few of my US $$.

3.) They appear to be painted a matt black, not a metalic coating. Would prefer if they were like the OEM coating but it's not a deal killer.

4.) Do you have any clearance issues? I see they're offset is 32 mm and I bellieve the stock 18" rims are 34 mm. I'd hope to mount a bit wider tire (maybe 235/40) and can't believe 2mm would cause problems. Would rather not go to spacers.

5.) Do the stock lug nuts work? I see the hub bore is the same for both wheels yet you say you had to "MacGyever" the center caps. Explain?

Thanks for posting. I found a set of new 19" OEM take-offs with tires two weeks ago but they were gone before I could hit the "buy" key. $2,099 shipped! Dam.
1. Weight is in the low-mid 20 lb range. Likely cast not forged but can't say for certain.

2. I ordered them from PMC Tire in Montreal but haven't seen them listed in 32 offset since I purchased.

3. Colour is listed as Gloss anthracite but they're really gloss black.

4. No clearance issues. There's a ton of room between the spoke and the brake caliper.

5. Stock lug nuts work. The wheels came with a plastic centre cap and a cheesy RWC sticker to put on. I bought some Genesis centre cap overlays and applied them to the supplied centre cap.

Here's a shot of the spoke to caliper clearance.

IMG_0090.JPG

Billbert

Thanks for this follow up. The wheel color in this snap makes me feel a bit better about the color. It appears to have a little metalic in it rather than just flat black as the other photos you posted do.

Brake clearance looks fine. I'm also a bit concerned about tire clearance as I would be mounting 2325/40 x 18 f & r which put another 1.2" of tread on the ground but increase the total tire width by 1/2". I wouldn't think this to be an issue.

Wonder what my stock wheels/tires would be worth? Only 1500 miles.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for this follow up. The wheel color in this snap makes me feel a bit better about the color. It appears to have a little metalic in it rather than just flat black as the other photos you posted do.

Brake clearance looks fine. I'm also a bit concerned about tire clearance as I would be mounting 2325/40 x 18 f & r which put another 1.2" of tread on the ground but increase the total tire width by 1/2". I wouldn't think this to be an issue.

Wonder what my stock wheels/tires would be worth? Only 1500 miles.
Did you mean to say 235/40-18?
If so, that's just another 0.4" of tread width. Also, you'd be better off sticking with a 45 series profile, as this will keep the overall tire diameter closer to stock (and fill in the wheel well just a bit better, rather than leaving an even bigger gap).
In any case, you shouldn't have any clearance issues, assuming the new wheel clears the brakes and has a similar offset.

16UltV6Guy

Act as if....
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Jacksonville, FL
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
There was a link somewhere that someone posted a site to get OEM wheels around 350 each. I'll look around

Here you go ALY70959 Genesis G70 Wheel Charcoal Painted #52910G9210
Note that those wheels probably are not brand new, and may not even be Genesis oem wheels. The fine print on that page states:

"The majority of wheels we offer are (OEM) wheels, reconditioned to factory specifications. Depending on the rim, we may also offer brand new replicas, or new takeoff wheels. Unless requested via e-mail or phone, the customer may receive any one of these."

"Although we provide OEM part numbers and/or indents for reference, we sell wheels by visual identification. Do NOT purchase a wheel based on the part number(s) displayed, visually make sure the wheel pictured looks exactly like the wheel on your vehicle."

And on another page on their site:

"Note: HH Auto considers replica and reconditioned wheels to be the same and may ship either unless requested."

"Reconditioned wheels, replica wheels and takeoff wheels are considered by HH Auto to be the same and all fall under the heading of reconditioned wheels. Unless specifically requested, HH Auto reserves the right to ship what is available at the time of purchase."

Billbert

If so, that's just another 0.4" of tread width. Also, you'd be better off sticking with a 45 series profile, as this will keep the overall tire diameter closer to stock (and fill in the wheel well just a bit better, rather than leaving an even bigger gap).
In any case, you shouldn't have any clearance issues, assuming the new wheel clears the brakes and has a similar offset.
Note that those wheels probably are not brand new, and may not even be Genesis oem wheels. The fine print on that page states:

"The majority of wheels we offer are (OEM) wheels, reconditioned to factory specifications. Depending on the rim, we may also offer brand new replicas, or new takeoff wheels. Unless requested via e-mail or phone, the customer may receive any one of these."

"Although we provide OEM part numbers and/or indents for reference, we sell wheels by visual identification. Do NOT purchase a wheel based on the part number(s) displayed, visually make sure the wheel pictured looks exactly like the wheel on your vehicle."

And on another page on their site:

"Note: HH Auto considers replica and reconditioned wheels to be the same and may ship either unless requested."

"Reconditioned wheels, replica wheels and takeoff wheels are considered by HH Auto to be the same and all fall under the heading of reconditioned wheels. Unless specifically requested, HH Auto reserves the right to ship what is available at the time of purchase."
Yes. 235. 23225 would be a REALLY wide tire.

Tire Rack's specs. for the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S show tread width for their 225/45 at 7.3", section width at 8.9" with a 25.9" diameter.
Specs for the 235/40 at 8.1" tread width, 9.5" section width and 25.4" diameter. So yes, I'm not sure if that's wirth the bother.
However, the next option would be 245/40 x 18. 8.4" tread, 9.8" section width, and diameter at 25.7. Perfect on the diameter. However, wheel width recommendation is 8" - 9 1/2". Has anybody looked to see how much clearance there is on the inside of the wheel? Shocks, susepnsion pieces, wheel well liners?
In any case, you shouldn't have any clearance issues, assuming the new wheel clears the brakes and has a similar offset.If so, that's just another 0.4" of tread width. Also, you'd be better off sticking with a 45 series profile, as this will keep the overall tire diameter closer to stock (and fill in the wheel well just a bit better, rather than leaving an even bigger gap).

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Titusville FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hahaha. Yes, a pic from a bit farther away, showing front and back, would be nice. I am considering these wheels for my summer tires.
Thanks for posting.

dbuckingham144

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is a good, starting to see more and more good wheel options. Keep them coming people!

TSW Clypse 20” x 8.5” front 20” x 10” rear.
This all I have at the moment. Hopefully shows it a bit better .

Attachments

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been going back and forth on which wheels I want that fit the character of the G70 design... ugh!

I've narrowed it down to about three. One of my contenders is back ordered for several months. My car isnt a DD, so these wheels arent going to just be for a winter swap. My car hibernates once salt goes on the roads.

What do you think of these? Will be 20x8.5 F and 20x10 R.

Attachments

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been going back and forth on which wheels I want that fit the character of the G70 design... ugh!

I've narrowed it down to about three. One of my contenders is back ordered for several months. My car isnt a DD, so these wheels arent going to just be for a winter swap. My car hibernates once salt goes on the roads.

What do you think of these? Will be 20x8.5 F and 20x10 R.

I think they look pretty solid. What color is your G70?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums